Jordi packing his bags

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Jordi packing his bags

Post by Oldschool »

Lar wrote:Off topic a bit but hasn't the rise of John Cooney entirely justified the decision not to renew Pienaar's contract from an Irish perspective?
Yes, but in fairness it always looked as if it was going to be a good move, injury permitting.
Peinaar, good as he was, was overhyped particularly as an OH.
His kicking for goal was his key advantage and Cooney is starting to match even that aspect.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Well I think it would have raised questions as to why they had already signed Cooney, and it would have looked a tad convenient when Pienaar was then their starting ten after the trial was announced...which then would have led to questions as to what Ulster knew and why they were still playing those guys when they expected a trial.

Everything points to them not expecting a trial. It literally makes no sense for them to not have signed a ten (Pienaar or otherwise) if they KNEW Jackson and Olding would be unavailable...think about it...zero sense.
They might not have wanted to prejudice their employees situation in any way either.
Nucifora wanted Pienaar gone and having made that decision a different solution to the OH problem had to be found.
It's called tough love.
A Pienaar, in decline, wasn't exactly a difficult decision to make.
He didn't exactly excel against us in Montpellier either.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote:Yes, and once a players departure is announced, it can't be turned around if circumstances change? Like Keatley or Buckley for example?
Or Stephen Donald.

Ulster got a lot of things wrong and relied too much on luck to pull them through, but they did at least have a plan.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I don't agree...I think we all know that getting into the States can be dodgy if there's anything hanging over you, that does not equate to the certainty of a trial taking place.

But for argument's sake, let's say they change their mind on Pienaar or sign another outhalf before the trial is announced...what reason do they give?

In the case of Pienaar it would have been a piece of piss and actually would have made them look good "After consultation with Ulster Rugby, the player himself and the wider Irish rugby community it has been decided to offer Ruan Pienaar a further contract to remain in Belfast. Ruan has been a great servant to Ulster and Irish rugby and we are glad that he will be extending his stay at the Kingspan Stadium".
Thats nonsense. Pienaar signed a 3 year deal in September 2016 with Montpellier. The same club who bought out Picamoles contract and would likely have sought similar compensation. IIRC Racing basically forced Goosen to retire rather than release him from his contract and let him return home. Unless you know something about the contract that we don't it wouldn't have been a piece of piss.

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm ... p-14-club/

The 4 guys on trial were still being interviewed in October 2016(first was June 2016 for Olding). It's fairly common for people under investigation to be asked not to leave the "jurisdiction".
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Dave Cahill wrote:
paddyor wrote:They could've had Madigan.
Funnily enough, Madigan was being hawked around Ireland in at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017 when it became apparent that he wasn't going to be a starter at UBB but there was no interest in him, despite being represented by Ryan Constable.
Suprising
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

No he didn't, because then he would have been in breach of his Ulster contract. He couldn't even negotiate with another club until that December. The IRFU contract year is from 1/6 through 31/5 and you can't speak to other clubs until you enter the last six months of your contract. Also France have strict rules on when clubs are allowed announce new contracts, so thats simply a report of a rumour. And its punditarena, theliberal.ie of rugby.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

TerenureJim wrote:

Suprising
It was, and I said so at the time.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:No he didn't, because then he would have been in breach of his Ulster contract. He couldn't even negotiate with another club until that December. The IRFU contract year is from 1/6 through 31/5 and you can't speak to other clubs until you enter the last six months of your contract. Also France have strict rules on when clubs are allowed announce new contracts, so thats simply a report of a rumour. And its punditarena, theliberal.ie of rugby.
Piutau signed for Bristol in August. When are the IRFU suing him for breach of contract?

Bloody Nucifora again!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:No he didn't, because then he would have been in breach of his Ulster contract. He couldn't even negotiate with another club until that December. The IRFU contract year is from 1/6 through 31/5 and you can't speak to other clubs until you enter the last six months of your contract. Also France have strict rules on when clubs are allowed announce new contracts, so thats simply a report of a rumour. And its punditarena, theliberal.ie of rugby.
It cites rugbyrama/eurosport in the article. If the IRFU wanted him gone they could well have waived that clauseof his contract to help him out the door. Who cares when they're allowed announce the contract?
https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-14/2 ... tory.shtml
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:Yes, and once a players departure is announced, it can't be turned around if circumstances change? Like Keatley or Buckley for example?
I'm taking this as confirmation that Jordi is staying.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Piutau signed for Bristol in August. When are the IRFU suing him for breach of contract?

Bloody Nucifora again!
probably another contract f%~ked up by Nucifora alright, like Lam's and Erasmus

But again, this is just an attempt to obfuscate the main point.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote:[Who cares when they're allowed announce the contract?
French clubs do, they have very strict rules on when they are allowed announce signings
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Bloody Nucifora again!
probably another contract f%~ked up by Nucifora alright, like Lam's and Erasmus

Or...you were wrong.

The main point was actually about Jordi potentially staying (the thread is about him).
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:
French clubs do, they have very strict rules on when they are allowed announce signings
That wouldn't that stop them from signing a contract especially with players from outside LNR. Zebos contract being an example.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

paddyor wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
That wouldn't that stop them from signing a contract especially with players from outside LNR. Zebos contract being an example.
No see above, they can't/don't.

The 1st December must be absolutely mental with clubs getting in touch with players for the first time.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:probably another contract f%~ked up by Nucifora alright, like Lam's and Erasmus

Lam chased the money and an massive cheque book on account of what happened to Foley. Not sure we could have met that. You said yourself you thought Erasmus was a bit of charlatan.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:No see above, they can't/don't.

The 1st December must be absolutely mental with clubs getting in touch with players for the first time.
Zebos contract was before the AIs.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: The main point was actually about Jordi potentially staying (the thread is about him).
Well Nucifora has never been afraid to double down on an error (Tom Tierney to the u20s), so I'd say Jordi will be sampling the delights of Krasnoyarsk next season. I don't he should and Leinster should be moving heaven and earth to keep him, particularly after Heaslip's retirement.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:probably another contract f%~ked up by Nucifora alright, like Lam's and Erasmus

Lam chased the money and an massive cheque book on account of what happened to Foley. Not sure we could have met that. You said yourself you thought Erasmus was a bit of charlatan.

I think he was a spoofer alright, and remember how it was announced? A complete shambles from start to finish.
I have Bumbleflex
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by molloyjh

My sympathy for them is very, very limited because they have brought all of this on themselves. They can't expect to be bailed out indefinitely.
Tell that to Munster.