So Anne Margeret's not coming?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Jordi packing his bags

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:No he didn't, because then he would have been in breach of his Ulster contract. He couldn't even negotiate with another club until that December. The IRFU contract year is from 1/6 through 31/5 and you can't speak to other clubs until you enter the last six months of your contract. Also France have strict rules on when clubs are allowed announce new contracts, so thats simply a report of a rumour. And its punditarena, theliberal.ie of rugby.
Piutau signed for Bristol in August. When are the IRFU suing him for breach of contract?

Bloody Nucifora again!
probably another contract f%~ked up by Nucifora alright, like Lam's and Erasmus

But again, this is just an attempt to obfuscate the main point.
I think the fact that Piutau is getting a contract worth £1million making him the highest paid player in world rugby might have had something to do with his move. Is Nucifora also responsible for the fact that there's no bread in the shops?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Gibbes is leaving in the summer, time to start checking the fineprint Jordi

Might be worth arguing to IRFU they dont want him playing Challenge Cup
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

God with Heaslip and Gibbes gone I'd be looking to stay if I were Jordi.
Andrew097
Bookworm

Post by Andrew097 »

Good player for Leinster in every sense, with some space opening his timing looks a little unfortunate. Ulster are , will be going through the changes. Both coaches gone Best on his last years and a few players gone for non rugby reasons. Their next coach appointment is vital to revitalise Ulster rugby. They might as well go to NZ to see if there is some young hungry talented coach or I wonder is there something in their pipeline.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I’d love him to stay but I also think that Ulster need him more than ever and can build their team around him.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

For anyone interested in an in-depth analysis of the situation in which Ulster Rugby finds itself, here it is courtesy of the ever-brilliant Mr. Mole: https://dementedmole.com/2018/03/04/its ... s-malaise/
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Watched the Saracens game again in its entirety.

Not surprised by the quality of Jordi Murphy, he was outstanding. The timing and impact of his breakdown entries, his handling, tackling and general round the pitch ability were immense. Quite a bit of his outstanding work in unseen or unnoticed, but it is absolutely first rate.

We will miss him dreadfully, as he really is one of our best. Would give anything to keep him.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

bails wrote:Watched the Saracens game again in its entirety.

Not surprised by the quality of Jordi Murphy, he was outstanding. The timing and impact of his breakdown entries, his handling, tackling and general round the pitch ability were immense. Quite a bit of his outstanding work in unseen or unnoticed, but it is absolutely first rate.

We will miss him dreadfully, as he really is one of our best. Would give anything to keep him.
Don't worry, well knock all that out of him. He'll be leaning on rucks and sipping latte's on the Lisburn road in no time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

his choice to leave
wwed
Learner

Post by wwed »

Agree totally. We'll badly miss his versatility, consistency and attitude. Really wish he wasn't going, wonder might there be a re=think now Jamie is retired.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Thought it worth a mention.
That take in the lineout for CJ's try in the series deciding third test against Australia was top quality.
A brilliant piece of work by Jordi in particular.
It has gone virtually unnoted.
If 'you know who' had made that take we'd still be hearing about it in ten years time.
Well done Jordi, Sayonara.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Last edited by Oldschool on June 26th, 2018, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I no know
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Going to be a bit weird to see Jordi lining out in Ulster's white next season. Part of me thought that with Heaslip's retirement and the ridiculous coaching changeovers at Ravenhill all taking place after he announced the move, that he'd be able to [legitimately] back out of it. Only really struck me the other day that there's a pretty good chance we won't see him in blue again.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

another casualty of the other provinces inability to develop their own players and the national team taking priority over the provinces.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Will it be a constant that we produce players from our excellent academy that are then shifted on to our competitors?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

the spoofer wrote:Will it be a constant that we produce players from our excellent academy that are then shifted on to our competitors?
seems like it, which is why i enjoyed every second of last season as it is unrealistic to expect leinster to do similar again when the province is expected to prop up the other provinces with players as well as provide the bulk to the national team squad and still have the depth and talent to compete in the league and cup.

Joey & Jordi are sadly just the beginning.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Jordi made the choice to leave himself. He saw a huge amount of competition in the Leinster back row and realised he wasn't a guaranteed starter so wanted to go somewhere he was. This isn't a case of the national team taking precedence by the powers that be. This is a case of a guy following the game time so that he can put himself in the best position to live his dream, i.e. play for his country.

We're in danger of developing chips to rival the worst of our rivals.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

molloyjh wrote:Jordi made the choice to leave himself. He saw a huge amount of competition in the Leinster back row and realised he wasn't a guaranteed starter so wanted to go somewhere he was. This isn't a case of the national team taking precedence by the powers that be. This is a case of a guy following the game time so that he can put himself in the best position to live his dream, i.e. play for his country.

We're in danger of developing chips to rival the worst of our rivals.
Understanding how the system works to our advantage and disadvantage does not mean you have a chip, it simply means you understand the system. Leinster will always give more because it has that capacity, we will also benefit from that capacity.

I take issue when people make assumptions and present them as fact, assumptions are ok but not when you confuse it with fact. I'm sure that there was some element of Jordi following game time in his thinking, but that's just one factor of many. But you could argue that a player who played across all positions in the back-row in matches of the highest level has no need of moving for game time, by extension you could say that a team who had such a player would also not want to loose such a useful player.The other obvious factors in Jordi decision are the significant people who are stakeholders / losers and winners from said decision. My assumption is that these people also played a significant role in this decision.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:
the spoofer wrote:Will it be a constant that we produce players from our excellent academy that are then shifted on to our competitors?
seems like it, which is why i enjoyed every second of last season as it is unrealistic to expect leinster to do similar again when the province is expected to prop up the other provinces with players as well as provide the bulk to the national team squad and still have the depth and talent to compete in the league and cup.

Joey & Jordi are sadly just the beginning.
Jesus man, cheer up! :lol: