Leinster vs Exeter Sat 16-12-17@3.15PM - BT Sport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Laighin Break
Mullet

Re: Leinster vs Exeter

Post by Laighin Break »

riocard911 wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Saw an interview with Baxter after the game and he really is very impressive. ...
Agree wholeheartedy. Compared to Baxter's interview MO'C's whinging over Munster/Conway does him no credit at all. Matt's media appearances as Leinster coach turned me against him. I remember during his first season in charge, when Connacht gave us a good run in the RDS before Xmas and he moaned about Lam's team's negative tactics, instead of giving them a bit of credit. But maybe it's just me. Darce in the IT was singing MO'C's praise, claiming his press conference in Thomond to be a masterpiece in agenda setting, distracting from Leicester's failings on the pitch and "taking one for the team". Does anybody believe this bolloxology? Is this what we are to be reduced to? Eddie Jones' type sledging before, during and after every match? Perhaps eventually pitchside scuffles between rival coaches and their staff? Please God, don't let this happen!!!! Someone send Matt O'Connor off to a communications course with Terry Prone, while the RFU tell Jones to put a sock in it!!!
I originally thought Matt was being a whinger etc, but then could see Darce's point when I read him yesterday. However if that was the case, Matt should have just left it at that - attention deflected now move on to next week.
But he's still going on about it, which brings me back to the belief that he's just a whinger.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Laighin Break wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Saw an interview with Baxter after the game and he really is very impressive. ...
Agree wholeheartedy. Compared to Baxter's interview MO'C's whinging over Munster/Conway does him no credit at all. Matt's media appearances as Leinster coach turned me against him. I remember during his first season in charge, when Connacht gave us a good run in the RDS before Xmas and he moaned about Lam's team's negative tactics, instead of giving them a bit of credit. But maybe it's just me. Darce in the IT was singing MO'C's praise, claiming his press conference in Thomond to be a masterpiece in agenda setting, distracting from Leicester's failings on the pitch and "taking one for the team". Does anybody believe this bolloxology? Is this what we are to be reduced to? Eddie Jones' type sledging before, during and after every match? Perhaps eventually pitchside scuffles between rival coaches and their staff? Please God, don't let this happen!!!! Someone send Matt O'Connor off to a communications course with Terry Prone, while the RFU tell Jones to put a sock in it!!!
I originally thought Matt was being a whinger etc, but then could see Darce's point when I read him yesterday. However if that was the case, Matt should have just left it at that - attention deflected now move on to next week.
But he's still going on about it, which brings me back to the belief that he's just a whinger.
He is a whinger, have people forgot to whinging he did about leinster squad not being good enough and not being allowed to sign more NIQ's. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Aye I thought it unlikely Lowe would come in. Only reason he's in the squad is because of Ruddock's injury imo.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

He's a serial whinger - see my original reference to his moaning that time in the RDS about Connacht's successful defensive tactics being negative rugby.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Don't forget his whinging about IRFU player management
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

does Des Berry read this forum or contribute? https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 08525.html
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

desperado wrote:does Des Berry read this forum or contribute? https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 08525.html
wouldn't be hard for Des to make the same conclusions tbf.

good to see he says no concerns about Fardy.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Laighin Break wrote:
joooooe wrote:
Laighin Break wrote: And FMcF has a 0% rate for the season from 0 attempts.
I'd definitely rather have RB kicking
Strictly, dividing by 0 is impossible, even if the numerator is 0. :mullet 1:
I guess McFadden's success rate is undetermined this season so :lol:
Id say its definitive! You could make the case that he hasn't missed a single kick in all of his 7 appearances this season.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
TBF to Matt most Aussies are like them.
They rarely praise the opposition, it's always down something they themselves did or didn't do.
I think it's a sports phycology thing - don't build the opposition up.
As for Terry Prone wouldn't be impressed tbh. We don't need her kind of approach to communications.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

cormac wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
Someone send Matt O'Connor off to a communications course with Terry Prone, while the RFU tell Jones to put a sock in it!!!
A fate worse than death.
That's a better description.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I can see Darce's point about MOC's mind games but I've seen far more comments about how sh!t Leicester were and to zero in on the Conway thing just makes him look like a complete idiot. I know he gave out about refereeing decisions and that would be fair enough in terms of distractions and agenda setting, but it's been lost in the stupidity of the other stuff.

Speaking of agenda setting, I would hope that we try and do something about Exeter being offside this week. If we get in the ref's ear about it and they come out firing but are scuppered by a couple of penalties against them for being too eager then that could really deflate them.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote: Id say its definitive! You could make the case that he hasn't missed a single kick in all of his 7 appearances this season.
I think you just did.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I can see Darce's point about MOC's mind games but I've seen far more comments about how sh!t Leicester were and to zero in on the Conway thing just makes him look like a complete idiot. I know he gave out about refereeing decisions and that would be fair enough in terms of distractions and agenda setting, but it's been lost in the stupidity of the other stuff.

Speaking of agenda setting, I would hope that we try and do something about Exeter being offside this week. If we get in the ref's ear about it and they come out firing but are scuppered by a couple of penalties against them for being too eager then that could really deflate them.
They were continually; was at the game (East Central terrace) and it was so obvious on numerous occasions. Although you can't know what passed between Poite and his touchies, my perception was they weren't too forthcoming with 'helping him out'.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: Oh yeah me too. My stats were to highlight Byrnes very impressive kicking so far this season. He will push that to 80% as his confidence improves.

75% is a damn impressive record for a young kicker. Everyone compliments Cooney on his ability but he'es only 69% off the tee this year
You've, quite rightly imho, explained why Byrne's 75% is so low.
That's only being fair to a player who has improved most aspects of his game this season and is still improving.
(TBH, better than I personally expected)
However that success rate is not at the level (yet) that a team needs in tight games.
Cooney's success with kicks is neither here nor there.
It's not what he's in the team for
Why he's Ulster's first choice kicker, I've no idea but I'm sure some of our northern brethren would have the inside story.
Last edited by Oldschool on December 14th, 2017, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

desperado wrote:
They were continually; was at the game (East Central terrace) and it was so obvious on numerous occasions. Although you can't know what passed between Poite and his touchies, my perception was they weren't too forthcoming with 'helping him out'.
Ringrose and Johnny were definitely giving out about it to the TJ at one stage in the first half but it didn't change anything.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
desperado wrote:
Ringrose and Johnny were definitely giving out about it to the TJ at one stage in the first half but it didn't change anything.
It was complete madness, I get that a rush D is going to push the limit, Ireland under Farrell do it a lot. But there wasn't a single offside call made the entire game! Even in a game where both sides have a passive defense, there is always one or 2 calls.

But Exeter shot up early easily more than 15 times and it was never called. It got to the stage they knew it wasn't going to get called and started taking the complete piss with it, and the officials let it go every single time
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

desperado wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I can see Darce's point about MOC's mind games but I've seen far more comments about how sh!t Leicester were and to zero in on the Conway thing just makes him look like a complete idiot. I know he gave out about refereeing decisions and that would be fair enough in terms of distractions and agenda setting, but it's been lost in the stupidity of the other stuff.

Their offside was at its most blatant during the scrums that led to the yellow card.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
desperado wrote:
It was complete madness, I get that a rush D is going to push the limit, Ireland under Farrell do it a lot. But there wasn't a single offside call made the entire game! Even in a game where both sides have a passive defense, there is always one or 2 calls.

But Exeter shot up early easily more than 15 times and it was never called. It got to the stage they knew it wasn't going to get called and started taking the complete piss with it, and the officials let it go every single time
At least this weekend, having 30K fans shouting "OFFSIDE" when it happens, will probably influence the ref and touchjudges to at least keep an eye on it.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Could any kind Mod update the title to the usual format: with time and channels? So helpful to have on here...particularly when the Ultimate Rugby app has crashed.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

From a quick check online it appears this match is not being televised. Is that correct can anyone tell me?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am