Leinster vs Exeter Sat 16-12-17@3.15PM - BT Sport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster vs Exeter Sat 16-12-17@3.15PM - BT Sport

Post by brotheroffrank »

Connacht game in April - two-week suspension - missed the semi-final against Clermont - cited & suspended for foul play under Law 10.4 (h) - a player must not charge into a ruck....
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

brotheroffrank wrote:Connacht game in April - two-week suspension - missed the semi-final against Clermont - cited & suspended for foul play under Law 10.4 (h) - a player must not charge into a ruck....
Also banned playing for Ireland a few seasons ago (2013) for stamping on Dan Cole at a ruck. Got three or four weeks.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

3 weeks for stamp on Dan Cole 2013 6N
Edit: See above
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

cormac wrote:Got three or four weeks.
IIRC he got both!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Cannot say enough about how good this defence is from Ferg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geANSyP ... .be&t=2870 [26:20 on the match clock, 33:17 on Youtube] – backpedals to stay in the game when the attacker has the ball in two hands and has an option, then when Kvesic makes the dummy, Ferg makes the call, goes from defense to attack in a split second and absolutely buries the guy with as technically good a tackle as you will see anywhere this season. Magnificent.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

With regards to Kearney's tackle for Cian's turnover and our second penalty, I don't think you could execute that type of tackle better. I completely accept that in many situations Kearney is going to get penalised for not rolling away from the tackled player, but the tackle law is completely contradictory, to the point of absurdity:

"A ball carrier who is not held is not a tackled player and a tackle has not taken place."
"When a player tackles an opponent and they both go to ground, the tackler must immediately release the tackled player."
[source: http://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=15 ]

If you don't immediately release a player, then you're penalised, but if you don't hold him on the ground, a tackle has not taken place? Genius.

I think a better solution would be that the tackler must roll away from the ball and that the tackled player must not place the ball on the tackler, i.e. he can place it on the ground or pop it up, but not chase the tackler with the ball to win a penalty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The tackle kearney made was great, but the effort to turn his man by the time they hit the deck was awesome.
Daniel Sullivan
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

hugonaut wrote:Cannot say enough about how good this defence is from Ferg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geANSyP ... .be&t=2870 [26:20 on the match clock, 33:17 on Youtube] – backpedals to stay in the game when the attacker has the ball in two hands and has an option, then when Kvesic makes the dummy, Ferg makes the call, goes from defense to attack in a split second and absolutely buries the guy with as technically good a tackle as you will see anywhere this season. Magnificent.
In the next phase, where Cronin charges out an hurts himself, Toner makes the tackle and then Exeter no.4 (Mitch Lees? Who has been cited for the headbutt on Healy) hits the ruck shoulder first into Toner's ribs. 26:20 in the game, with a replay at 33:40 on youtube vid.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Peg Leg wrote:The tackle kearney made was great, but the effort to turn his man by the time they hit the deck was awesome.
The type of thing you'd expect a big backrow to do.
I remember playing with a number 8, who was bigger than everyone else, and that was his signature skill...you wouldn't expect it from a full back!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Laighin Break wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Cannot say enough about how good this defence is from Ferg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geANSyP ... .be&t=2870 [26:20 on the match clock, 33:17 on Youtube] – backpedals to stay in the game when the attacker has the ball in two hands and has an option, then when Kvesic makes the dummy, Ferg makes the call, goes from defense to attack in a split second and absolutely buries the guy with as technically good a tackle as you will see anywhere this season. Magnificent.
In the next phase, where Cronin charges out an hurts himself, Toner makes the tackle and then Exeter no.4 (Mitch Lees? Who has been cited for the headbutt on Healy) hits the ruck shoulder first into Toner's ribs. 26:20 in the game, with a replay at 33:40 on youtube vid.
Noticed that at the game and it was really clear on rewatch. The torpedo on Healy was crystal clear too but went unchecked by ref or TMO.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

curates_egg wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:The tackle kearney made was great, but the effort to turn his man by the time they hit the deck was awesome.
I remember playing with a number 8, who was bigger than everyone else, and that was his signature skill...you wouldn't expect it from a full back!
“Signature Skill”- I like that concept! There’s a thread in that on the entire squad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

Laighin Break wrote:
Is that not the same ruck he's been cited for? I thought he led with the shoulder on Toner but ended up headbutting Healy in the same instance.
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

Laighin Break wrote:
Is that not the same ruck he's been cited for? I thought he led with the shoulder on Toner but ended up headbutting Healy in the same instance.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Edna Kenny wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:
Nah. Separate.

The one the one he has been cited for:
https://youtu.be/geANSyPzaqg?t=2865

The dirty hit on Toner:
https://youtu.be/geANSyPzaqg?t=1975

Dirty, dirty player.
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

They were so similar I thought it was the one incident! If Healy deserved red then those two incidents by Lees combined certainly warranted him being off for the rest of the game.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Sorry, but what's wrong with a shoulder to the ribs? That clear out on Toner looks totally fine to me
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

ChrisUppy wrote:Sorry, but what's wrong with a shoulder to the ribs? That clear out on Toner looks totally fine to me
You cant lead with the shoulder and leave your arm behind. You have to wrap.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

the spoofer wrote:
ChrisUppy wrote:Sorry, but what's wrong with a shoulder to the ribs? That clear out on Toner looks totally fine to me
You cant lead with the shoulder and leave your arm behind. You have to wrap.
His left arm is dropped a bit and it's a pen to the letter of the law but I would say there are at least 10 of those type clearouts a match. IF the ref had seen it, he MAY have given a pen and that's it. Not particulary dirty in my view and certainly not a yellow (as some have suggested).

The headbutt is a different class of incident
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

artaneboy wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
“Signature Skill”- I like that concept! There’s a thread in that on the entire squad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we do the entire Ireland squad?

'Angered or motivational pointing"
Daniel Sullivan
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Mitch Lees citing dismissed. Worthy of a penalty but not a red card. No suspension.
Four Stars