Leinster vs Exeter Sat 16-12-17@3.15PM - BT Sport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster vs Exeter Sat 16-12-17@3.15PM - BT Sport

Post by paddyor »

FourMasters wrote:Just want to put this on the record:
The crowd were nicely riled up by Exeter apparently permanently offside, and a series of decisions seeming to go against Leinster. So the ball goes out of play. I don't know why, but a bit of pushing and shoving develops, with players running in from both sides. Poite arrives with gallic insouciance. Some wag in my section yells "PUNCH THE REF!"
All in the section burst out laughing. Then if they're like me, feel a little guilty.
Guazere reffed the game in Dublin.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

The crowd were nicely riled up by Exeter apparently permanently offside, and a series of decisions seeming to go against Leinster. So the ball goes out of play. I don't know why, but a bit of pushing and shoving develops, with players running in from both sides. Poite arrives with gallic insouciance. Some wag in my section yells "PUNCH THE REF!"
All in the section burst out laughing. Then if they're like me, feel a little guilty.
Poite was the ref the first day, but- yeah stuff does get shouted at matches to our amusement that can be a bit embarrassing on reflection. Nothing racist, sexist or like that; but we do get a bit excited... :-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote:
Guazere reffed the game in Dublin.
"PUNCH THE REF" is generic tho'.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

hugonaut wrote:With regards to Kearney's tackle for Cian's turnover and our second penalty, I don't think you could execute that type of tackle better. I completely accept that in many situations Kearney is going to get penalised for not rolling away from the tackled player, but the tackle law is completely contradictory, to the point of absurdity:

"A ball carrier who is not held is not a tackled player and a tackle has not taken place."
"When a player tackles an opponent and they both go to ground, the tackler must immediately release the tackled player."
[source: http://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=15 ]

If you don't immediately release a player, then you're penalised, but if you don't hold him on the ground, a tackle has not taken place? Genius.

I think a better solution would be that the tackler must roll away from the ball and that the tackled player must not place the ball on the tackler, i.e. he can place it on the ground or pop it up, but not chase the tackler with the ball to win a penalty.
You are supposed to hold onto the tackled player until he is down. Once he is down a) you are supposed to release him and b) he cannot get back up and must place and then release the ball.
In ye olden times you held onto the tackled player until he declared verbally "down", as in I declare I have been fairly tackled and you can release me. This is where the term "down" comes from in American football.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk