The Scott Fardy Appreciation Thread

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Re: The Scott Fardy Appreciation Thread

Post by Jonny tight lips »

johng wrote:You forgot Cloete and I wasn't counting their academy. So fair enough.

JGP qualifies in June
I’d say Knox will be in the senior team next year, he looks some player, absolute beast
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

ronk wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:
johng wrote:Amazingly that now means Leinster have more NIQs on their books for next season than Munster.
Nope
Leinster : Tomane, Lowe, Fardy
Munster : Botha, Knox, More

Honors even and I think they are eyeing up Alby. Anyway the unofficial rule is supposed to be 4 + 1 so as long as we’re within that who cares.
https://twitter.com/AlbyMathewson/statu ... 75169?s=19

They also haven't signed anyone.
... Except Nick McCarthy
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Nick is IQ. No restrictions on him
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leo on Fardy
“Scott has made an amazing impact since he has come in,” the Leinster head coach continued. “It feels like he has been here a long time, certainly longer than the 18 months.

We encouraged him to bring ideas, bring his thoughts to the party and he’s not shy on giving his opinion which is a positive for us. He has had a great impact on the field but also off the field as well. He’s a great influence around the dressing room and around our team meeting environment.

“He’s a great competitor for us and adds to so many different facets to our game, the way we’re trying to play and the experience he has built up. It’s great news that he has decided to sign on again as he’s had plenty of interest I’m sure because lots of people see the impact he has made here.”
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Scott was spotted today in Parnell Park for the Dublin v Wexford hurling match. Wearing a Wexford jersey no less. Tadhg was with him of course.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/scott-fard ... he-season/
Thanks big guy, glad you passed our way. Scott fits nicely into the Rocky, Thorn, Hines class of imported forwards

:clap: :clap: :clap:
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

What a privilege to watch that chap play for my team, guys like him willing to put in shifts in matches that nobody else cares about, in a league that nobody else cares about is what has helped propel us to where we are today, where we can rotate in lads considered third or fourth choice and the standard doesn’t drop because a guy like Fardy wouldn’t let it drop. Great player, always spoke well in interviews, a guy who seemed to understand his role in the greater environment and someone who was going to enjoy his adventure as much as he could.

But could he do it on a rainy Winter night in Treviso, f%~k yeah he could. It was his bread and butter! He bought into everything and that’s why we love him. All the best Fards.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

He has been an absolutely brilliant player and a great leader for us. Right up there in the top rank of players to have played for Leinster. He seems like a great guy, and I am certain that he has added an awful lot to the team and to the wider environment.

Thanks a million and the very best with the next step in life.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

hugonaut wrote: April 15th, 2021, 5:59 pm He has been an absolutely brilliant player and a great leader for us. Right up there in the top rank of players to have played for Leinster. He seems like a great guy, and I am certain that he has added an awful lot to the team and to the wider environment.

Thanks a million and the very best with the next step in life.

Hear, hear!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I’ve said it in other threads he’s been a legend for us and continues the amazing tradition of bringing in Southern Hemisphere players who have not only done their talking on the pitch but brought so much more off it. I really am gutted his time is coming to an end. I wish him and his family the very best at the end of this season on their next chapter - I know he has given me and mine very fond memories for the blue of leinster
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

:clap: Fardy has been a great signing and a great leader
But the standout quality he gave us was confidence.
Good luck mate. Gud on yer. :clap:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

What an amazing addition he was to our team and its ethos. I remember when we'd play against Oz and he'd been playing blindside and I used to spew such profanities in his direction; the air in the living room would become acrid so great was the vitriol poured upon him. When he signed for us and it was lovely to experience first-hand what he did for his team. He'd easily be one of your first names on a team sheet EVERY TIME. He always brought his A game, but not only that he made sure the others in the pack did too. Thank you Scott so frickin' much, you complete and utter legend.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

GF watching her first Leinster game a couple of years ago;

GF: Who's that chap with the beard?
Me: That's Scott Fardy
GF: He's so annoying to that other team
Me: He sure is
GF: Can he do that?
Me: Probably not
GF: He's like a Dad play wrestling with his kids

Every subsequent Leinster game;
GF: Is Scott Fardy playing?
Me: Yep
GF: Is he at it again?

Leinster legend. Thank you Scott!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

One of our best signings, up there with Nathan Hines. I remember after the 2018 European Cup win Tadhg Furlong described him as 'very Australian.' He seemed to mean it in the best possible way!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Mr Niggle - hats off to you Scott, been a fantastic signing and always loved when he was involved.

Incredibly robust too and never seemed to give anything but 100% even away to the Dragons.....

No doubt the likes of Ryan, Molony, Baird etc have learned a few dark arts from him too :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Another master signing from Leinster.
A player who always gives everything if Zebre away in January or a Heineken final in Bilbao.
love the photo of himself, Ryan and Conan trying to block the last kick drop goal .
The photo just highlights the utter determination to make the block by all 3 of them.
Thanks for some great memories
COYBIB
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Blueberry wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:06 am Mr Niggle - hats off to you Scott, been a fantastic signing and always loved when he was involved.

Incredibly robust too and never seemed to give anything but 100% even away to the Dragons.....

No doubt the likes of Ryan, Molony, Baird etc have learned a few dark arts from him too :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Clean niggle, the kind you can really appreciate.

He was a key part of the Pocock, Hooper, Fardy backrow. I thought it was a clever way to balance the backrow to get those 2 on the pitch rather than put them both sides the scrum.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Blue not red blood wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:17 am Another master signing from Leinster.
A player who always gives everything if Zebre away in January or a Heineken final in Bilbao.
love the photo of himself, Ryan and Conan trying to block the last kick drop goal .
The photo just highlights the utter determination to make the block by all 3 of them.
Thanks for some great memories
COYBIB
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

http://en.rugby-japan.jp/2021/10/16/wal ... -in-japan/

The big man is back in Japan, loving life.