Leinster v Connacht Jan 1st 3.15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Connacht Jan 1st 3.15pm

Post by paddyor »

ribs wrote:You'd have to question the coaching intelligence in Connacht where they pick a strong side against Leinster (in the other conference) to end up with a weaker side against Munster (potential 8 point swing).
Is the Connacht team out? Worth bearing in mind they've 2 games in the diddy cup after so not as much need to rest players. Think they're already qualified as well.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:
ribs wrote:You'd have to question the coaching intelligence in Connacht where they pick a strong side against Leinster (in the other conference) to end up with a weaker side against Munster (potential 8 point swing).
You'd have to think they've run out of schminutes for the Munster game alright
Think Dillane has played les than Toner. Who else? Marmion?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Bealham, Dillane, Marmion, Aki and TOH are the ones that Joe would probably be keeping an eye on I reckon? Didn't they all play both games (may well be wrong on that)?

as an aside, I wonder if McCartney will get called up to the 6N squad.
I have Bumbleflex
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Murray Kinsella's back from his travels...

http://www.the42.ie/analysis-leinster-j ... 3-Jan2018/
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:Bealham, Dillane, Marmion, Aki and TOH are the ones that Joe would probably be keeping an eye on I reckon? Didn't they all play both games (may well be wrong on that)?

as an aside, I wonder if McCartney will get called up to the 6N squad.
Forgot about Aki. Dillane has played less than Toner this season IIRC. Doesn't seem to be all that interested in Bealham or TOH. Their final game of the Diddy cup is home against the Oyonnax espoirs whereas others will be going full bore in the big cup.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

paddyor wrote:
Is the Connacht team out? Worth bearing in mind they've 2 games in the diddy cup after so not as much need to rest players. Think they're already qualified as well.
Was talking to the Dad of a Connacht player at the match. He said Connacht were targeting the match as that would mean they had beat the other 3 Irish sides. Seemingly it was a big deal for both team and management.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Murray Kinsella has kindly put together a video of VdF's 34 tackles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 5EdphF1pqM