Leinster vs Glasgow , 14/01/18, 13.00pm (Sky Action)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster vs Glasgow , 14/01/18, 13.00pm (Sky Action)

Post by wixfjord »

McGrath has played well, but his passing has been very iffy at times. I hope we don't see a return to that.

Game has taken quite a lull.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Larmour gone to 13. This should be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Twist wrote:Larmour gone to 13. This should be interesting
Played his schools rugby there IIRC
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Absolute madness from Lowe. Needs to cut that out of his game. No need for it.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It's blasphemy I know, but when Ringer gets back I think there's conversation to be had about whether Isa and RH is actually our best 12/13 combination.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Leinster vs Glasgow , 14/01/18, 13.00pm (Sky Action)

Post by artaneboy »

wixfjord wrote:It's blasphemy I know, but when Ringer gets back I think there's conversation to be had about whether Isa and RH is actually our best 12/13 combination.
Yeah, Isa at 12 and Rob at 13 looked really powerful and incisive. If they go well next week in France then it becomes a definite question.

Last edited by artaneboy on January 14th, 2018, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

Lads I forgot to put the game on record and the mother is raging, does anyone know where I could get a full recording?
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

Jcahill1 wrote:Lads I forgot to put the game on record and the mother is raging, does anyone know where I could get a full recording?
Generally appears on YouTube after a short while.
Last edited by Icarus on January 14th, 2018, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

Don’t worry. Is being shown again on Sky at 11 tonight.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Anyone else think Mitrea did his best to keep the game a contest? Wasn't happy with him.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

paddyor wrote:Anyone else think Mitrea did his best to keep the game a contest? Wasn't happy with him.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Ridiculously fussy and inconsistent with the scrum put ins.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

who are the 2 clowns loitering behind Shaggy in the Blue Room; esp the lad with the AIG Dublin top - is he at the wrong match/code; in the wrong stadium.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

maps wrote:Need to keep going here and put up a big score, then play our strongest side next week too.
Our first team will be unavailable for a good number of weeks anyway after that, but securing a home semi is crucial
Worth noting that being first seed does not guarantee a home semi. First seed plays eighth seed at home in the quarters, that much is guaranteed.

First seed plays the winner of 4th vs 5th seed in the semi. If 4th seed wins, 1st seed gets home semi. Of 5th seed wins, 5th seed gets a home semi.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Jcahill1 wrote:Lads I forgot to put the game on record and the mother is raging, does anyone know where I could get a full recording?
Full game no, but highlights on TG4 at 6

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

maps wrote:Need to keep going here and put up a big score, then play our strongest side next week too.
Our first team will be unavailable for a good number of weeks anyway after that, but securing a home semi is crucial
It would be great if it was possible to "secure a home semi"
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

McGrath got MOTM (and he was very good) but I thought Henshaw was outstanding. Lots of good performances (Fardy as ever, Isa, the front row, Lowe, Johnny) but Murphy had his best game for us in quite a while.

Only downside, other than the 3 tries conceded, was Byrne, who I thought was pretty poor in fairly easy circumstances. I may need to re-watch but, based on live viewing, I would be worried with him starting next week...even though there is probably a strong argument to rest Johnny.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

May be a controversial opinion but given the choice of having McGrath or Murray play for Leinster I'd pick McGrath every day of the week.

His defence is exceptional, he covers the ground so well and rarely if ever misses even on the biggest of lads. In attack he's a danger around the rucks sniping and keeps the game very high tempo. Box kicking has been very good this season bar one or two off-days (which Murray has frequently but people miss). Exceptional player and one who doesn't get enough credit for dictating the way Leinster play.

Also if the quarter final was tomorrow I wouldn't start Lowe. As good as he is going forward his defence is a major weakness. Hopefully it's just a matter of bedding into the Leinster system because if he gets his defence going he'll be one of the best wingers in Europe.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

johng wrote:
It would be great if it was possible to "secure a home semi"
Actually you can "secure a home semi" If you qualify 5th or 6th and win an away QF.

Sadly that ship has sailed for us at this stage. :(
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

bluemagic wrote:May be a controversial opinion but given the choice of having McGrath or Murray play for Leinster I'd pick McGrath every day of the week.

His defence is exceptional, he covers the ground so well and rarely if ever misses even on the biggest of lads. In attack he's a danger around the rucks sniping and keeps the game very high tempo. Box kicking has been very good this season bar one or two off-days (which Murray has frequently but people miss). Exceptional player and one who doesn't get enough credit for dictating the way Leinster play.
Thought he was very good today. But one part of your assessment I do not share is that he keeps the game at a high tempo. He can do it (and did today) but some games he flaps a bit.

Defensively, pound for pound, he is phenomenal. Made a mistake for their first try but he is generally both astute, courageous and physically strong in defence.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Pretty ruthless performance at times,it was an exhibition but things got too loose at times that weren't really needed
Some really stand out and solid performers
Front row were awesome and the scrum on our 5m with only 7 forwards was so good to see (surely Cronin had played his way back into Irish set up, he's been great lately)

Fardy was my motm, guy was everywhere
Can we keeo Jordi please!!!...JVDF and Conan a bit quiet today for a change but went about their buisness

Backlone hummed nicely and some spectacular inter play between them
Isa JS and Lowe very good but again my man Henshaw is the glue of that backline, incredible player

People might not agree but I think we'll see changes next week and look to hit them in 2nd half