Leinster vs Glasgow , 14/01/18, 13.00pm (Sky Action)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

alanair
Mullet

Re: Leinster vs Glasgow , 14/01/18, 13.00pm (Sky Action)

Post by alanair »

C’mon... cut the guys a bit of slack.... this was a demolition ...we did exactly what we needed to do and more... sure we leaked a couple of tries... but that’ll always happen when all the changes are made .. and there is NO team that is ( or can be) focused for 80 minutes... I’m am delighted with today’s result .. and if you check out ALL the EPRC tables , you’ll see what a good position were in.... proud to be Leinster ...
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

C’mon... cut the guys a bit of slack.... this was a demolition ...we did exactly what we needed to do and more... sure we leaked a couple of tries... but that’ll always happen when all the changes are made .. and there is NO team that is ( or can be) focused for 80 minutes... I’m am delighted with today’s result .. and if you check out ALL the EPRC tables , you’ll see what a good position were in.... proud to be Leinster ...
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Jcahill1 wrote:Lads I forgot to put the game on record and the mother is raging, does anyone know where I could get a full recording?
Full game on Sky Sport Arena now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Just thinking in the influence of NIQs on Leinster- as the Sky and BT lads have been focusing on Fardy and Lowe on this squad. In my opinion Isa has been by far the most influential- partly as a result of his longevity- but mostly on his consistency. He’s also the most underrated by outside observers.

After him, I’d go for Nathan Hines. A great player, we should have had for another season. Fardy is already looking like his heir apparent.

Most overrated- whisper it- Rocky. Not that he was poor in any sense, just that he wasn’t as essential to the 2009 success as legend contends. He definitely helped, but we were coming anyway.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

alanair wrote:C’mon... cut the guys a bit of slack.... this was a demolition ...we did exactly what we needed to do and more... sure we leaked a couple of tries... but that’ll always happen when all the changes are made .. and there is NO team that is ( or can be) focused for 80 minutes... I’m am delighted with today’s result .. and if you check out ALL the EPRC tables , you’ll see what a good position were in.... proud to be Leinster ...
Disagree. We need to continue to focus on our intensity for the full 80 mins. Although we got fairly sloppy in the final 20 minutes, Jack McGrath and others flipped loose pases to nobody, or opponents, right from the first 10 minutes.

An old coach of mine used say "don't practice rubbish" and I completely appreciate that advice now. We are now playing the game in all aspects to a high standard of skill but we don't need offloads from any player that end up in the hands of opponents.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

artaneboy wrote:
Most overrated- whisper it- Rocky. Not that he was poor in any sense, just that he wasn’t as essential to the 2009 success as legend contends. He definitely helped, but we were coming anyway.
'O'Driscoll cannot talk highly enough of his recent team-mate and opposing captain on Sunday: "Rocky is just one of the very best players I have encountered, absolutely exceptional. He took two matches to settle in last season, we lost 17-0 to Munster and then to Connacht, but from that moment onward he was immense. He was man of the match for us in virtually every game, even the games they gave the award to somebody else. It was a privilege to play with Rocky and we owe him a lot at Leinster, we won't ever forget his contribution."'

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -Test.html
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

hugonaut wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
'O'Driscoll cannot talk highly enough of his recent team-mate and opposing captain on Sunday: "Rocky is just one of the very best players I have encountered, absolutely exceptional. He took two matches to settle in last season, we lost 17-0 to Munster and then to Connacht, but from that moment onward he was immense. He was man of the match for us in virtually every game, even the games they gave the award to somebody else. It was a privilege to play with Rocky and we owe him a lot at Leinster, we won't ever forget his contribution."'

I believe the CJ van der Linde award for most overrated signing to Leinster remains with CJ van der Linde
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

artaneboy wrote:Just thinking in the influence of NIQs on Leinster- as the Sky and BT lads have been focusing on Fardy and Lowe on this squad. In my opinion Isa has been by far the most influential- partly as a result of his longevity- but mostly on his consistency. He’s also the most underrated by outside observers.

After him, I’d go for Nathan Hines. A great player, we should have had for another season. Fardy is already looking like his heir apparent.

I agree with Isa being the most influential of our overseas players. I dont agree with Rock being overrated - he was immense for that season, fair enough he was part of a good team - BOD, Darce Doc (for most of the season) -world class players. Dont think we would have done as well in league or cup run without Rocky.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

hugonaut wrote:
artaneboy wrote:

Rocky was overrated however his ability to do five minute power plays during games was certainly worthy of a high rating.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

We would joke that

"The Rocky Elsom man of the match award goes to Rocky Elsom" He was phenomenal for that season.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
alanair wrote:C’mon... cut the guys a bit of slack.... this was a demolition ...we did exactly what we needed to do and more... sure we leaked a couple of tries... but that’ll always happen when all the changes are made .. and there is NO team that is ( or can be) focused for 80 minutes... I’m am delighted with today’s result .. and if you check out ALL the EPRC tables , you’ll see what a good position were in.... proud to be Leinster ...
Disagree. We need to continue to focus on our intensity for the full 80 mins. Although we got fairly sloppy in the final 20 minutes, Jack McGrath and others flipped loose pases to nobody, or opponents, right from the first 10 minutes.

An old coach of mine used say "don't practice rubbish" and I completely appreciate that advice now. We are now playing the game in all aspects to a high standard of skill but we don't need offloads from any player that end up in the hands of opponents.
We got a bit sloppy but the game was breaking down structurally, we emptied the bench and we were home and dry so wouldn't be too worried. I know the kick off was at an awkward time but it was a bit disappointing not to see a full RDS for a game like this.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

On another point, I wonder how many supporters missed the game yesterday as it clashed with club fixtures?

Next week is the same as youth games are played on Saturday mornings/lunchtimes.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I was surprised at the space in the terrace, there were a good number there but usually it is rammed for a big game, I thought the rest of the ground looked full. Did not see Anglesea Stand but that only caters foe a few k anyway. Think it was supposed to have sold out last Tuesday?

We were joking about the queues for coffee while the bars were all empty, the early Sunday ko killed some of that revenue anyway.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

OTT wrote:I was surprised at the space in the terrace, there were a good number there but usually it is rammed for a big game, I thought the rest of the ground looked full. Did not see Anglesea Stand but that only caters foe a few k anyway. Think it was supposed to have sold out last Tuesday?

We were joking about the queues for coffee while the bars were all empty, the early Sunday ko killed some of that revenue anyway.
We had 4 spare season tickets due to clash with club games.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

OTT wrote:I was surprised at the space in the terrace, there were a good number there but usually it is rammed for a big game, I thought the rest of the ground looked full. Did not see Anglesea Stand but that only caters foe a few k anyway. Think it was supposed to have sold out last Tuesday?

Which terrace - the small (southern) one was pretty full (at the back at least) - but it hasn't been rammed as such for a long time - even for the Pro12/Amlin final it was full, but comfortable
I have Bumbleflex
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Which terrace - the small (southern) one was pretty full (at the back at least) - but it hasn't been rammed as such for a long time - even for the Pro12/Amlin final it was full, but comfortable

No, not the Laighin pit, the other one. We went in early (well early for the terrace) about 12.50 to get a decent spot and the place was empty. Filled up by kick off but still people were able to pass through and come in and get spaces where they wanted. Still a decent number but I thought it would be a bit more cuddly and snug lol
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Our usual spots were taken up by smug gits who had the nerve to show up early. b$&%@#ds.

Anyway, there was space around the back but I would've said it was relatively full. Does anybody know what the capacity of the North Terrace is?

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Loving this picture from Yesterdays Game. No way Dave was gonna get caught out twice. :lol:

Top Man!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Loving this picture from Yesterdays Game. No way Dave was gonna get caught out twice. :lol:

Top Man!
"Hands up, baby, hands up
Gimme your heart
Gimme gimme your heart
Gimme gimme
Hands up, baby, hands up
Gimme your heart"....
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I was wondering if the game was officially sold out, if the missing people were all season ticket holders? I can understand how season ticket holders can miss games, I know several who didn't go on Sunday for various reasons, mainly family committments. I hope that is the case, and that any avaialble tickets were sold. Tickets can't be sold twice so unless everyone who has a season ticket and can't go, can offer their ticket to someone, there will be empty spaces. I thought the atmosphere was as good as could be expected, it's pretty early and no one had any drinks on board.