Montpellier v Leinster Sky Sports Sat 13.00

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Montpellier v Leinster Sky Sports Sat 13.00

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote:Agree on Ross Byrne, he was very good today. He must be mighty pissed off with the column inches and general adulation Carbery gets. Carbery has never put in a performance at 10 for us like that at this level.
He doesn’t need to worry about anything if he keeps developing on this arc.

He’s a different player than Carbery, and it’s great to have them both. They’re very promising players.

He just played 80 minutes for a very rare win in France and he was good. With everyone available in his position he was playing well enough to be trusted up against one of the best of the best. He didn’t look like a guy who could still be in the academy if he hadn’t been promoted early.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote:Full game now on Rugbylist with all other games
https://rugbylist.blogspot.ie/p/200118- ... nster.html

thanks, blockhead!!!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Leinster in Europe by the numbers

6 - pool wins
22 - tries scored
40 - turnovers won
41 - offloads
46 - scrums won (93.87%)
52 - clean breaks
67 - lineouts won (88.15%)
141 - defenders beaten
176 - points scored
691 - rucks won (97.32%)
803 - tackles made (87.56%)
855 - carries
1020 - passes completed
2441 - metres
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Very well done to all the coaches for their selection calls during the week. That performance is massive for the development of Ryan, Leavy, VDF, Conan, Byrne, Larmour Porter and Carbery.

That's a spine of players who have now won comfortably on the road in France (against a team flying in the top 14). It all adds to the feeling that when we're inevitably tested in the QF or SF, (despite our best efforts we could still end up on the road for a SF, assuming we win our QF), there'll be no reason to panic. It really does give us a vital edge for the knock outs that we've players in virtually every spot who could come in for an injury and the standards won't drop. That's massive.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Echo what was said about Henshaw: thought he was superb again. He and Fardy vying for player of the season.
Perfect outcome to a bold selection. Great for the squad.
I didn't imagine before the game that I would feel Lowe's defensive weakness had been understated after the game. Boy was that an inept performance. I'm not sure it's worth the risk for what he obviously brings in attack. At least he now has 2 and a half months to learn and adapt to the defensive side here.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

We probably haven’t spoken enough about how good Cronin was yesterday. Particularly pleasing was his line out work that’s on top of an improvement in recent games. He seems to have really worked on it. He definitely need to do that work to increase/ preserve his Ireland chances. Good on ‘im!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

curates_egg wrote:Echo what was said about Henshaw: thought he was superb again. He and Fardy vying for player of the season.
I didn't imagine before the game that I would feel Lowe's defensive weakness had been understated after the game. Boy was that an inept performance. I'm not sure it's worth the risk for what he obviously brings in attack. At least he now has 2 and a half months to learn and adapt to the defensive side here.
I agree completely about Henshaw, he was immense again, and about Lowe's defence. Rewatching the game he seemed neither to understand nor trust the system, and those offloads around the 22 will just have to stop.

Pains me to say it, but Isa's kicking was strangely reminiscent of B O'Driscoll's efforts with the boot, i.e. well-intentioned but frequently very misguided. Otherwise, superb stuff all round from the 23 and quite an achievement to win so comfortably over there.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

artaneboy wrote:We probably haven’t spoken enough about how good Cronin was yesterday. Particularly pleasing was his line out work that’s on top of an improvement in recent games. He seems to have really worked on it. He definitely need to do that work to increase/ preserve his Ireland chances. Good on ‘im!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats all true, and I thought his and his confreres work in the scrum was really top notch. I expected the Leinster scrum to come under pressure, and Montpellier tried hard to do so, but Leinster's scrum was excellent. You could see them absorbing the attempted shove, hold, then get a step forward themselves meaning both JGP and Conan weren't under pressure at the back.
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Hippo wrote:
curates_egg wrote:Echo what was said about Henshaw: thought he was superb again. He and Fardy vying for player of the season.
I agree completely about Henshaw, he was immense again, and about Lowe's defence. Rewatching the game he seemed neither to understand nor trust the system, and those offloads around the 22 will just have to stop.

Pains me to say it, but Isa's kicking was strangely reminiscent of B O'Driscoll's efforts with the boot, i.e. well-intentioned but frequently very misguided. Otherwise, superb stuff all round from the 23 and quite an achievement to win so comfortably over there.
Yeah the kicking/charge downs in general was poor

Overall down how great and important has Isa been at 12 though? And am not just saying that because there was pooping on that positional switch here whenever I floated it before this season
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Overall down how great and important has Isa been at 12 though?
Yes he's been superb.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Hippo wrote:

Yeah the kicking/charge downs in general was poor

Overall down how great and important has Isa been at 12 though? And am not just saying that because there was pooping on that positional switch here whenever I floated it before this season
Pooping I think was more about playing him at OH tbf.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.