Montpellier v Leinster Sky Sports Sat 13.00

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Barry
Enlightened

Re: Montpellier v Leinster Sky Sports Sat 13.00

Post by Barry »

Cianostays wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Yes Ruddock would be a great guy to get back before the QF. He just adds so much to our pack when on form.

When is he due back? Would be handy to have him for the 6N Scarlets games.
Unfortunately, I think it was a severe tear and possibly a season ender. I'd be delighted to be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
Over the past 12 months, Ruddock has consistently been our most important back row player. Unfortunately, doesn’t sound like he’ll play again this season.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Cianostays wrote:I know it's well documented but it's ridiculous that we've such a good backrow that we can cope well without Ruddock, SO'B and Heaslip. Mad altogether.

First, you realise that we're missing a world class unit like that. Then you remember, if our next unit were missing (Murphy, VDF, Conan), we would still be able to put out a Josh Murphy, Dan Leavy, Max Deegan back row. Now THAT is ridiculous.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:Leinster reporting no new injuries from Glasgow game.

Unavailable for selection: Adam Byrne, Garry Ringrose, Sean O'Brien, Jamie Heaslip, James Tracy, Rhys Ruddock, Tom Daly.
Was Heaslip mentioned by name? That's got to be the first time in a while.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

curates_egg wrote:

Unavailable for selection: Adam Byrne, Garry Ringrose, Sean O'Brien, Jamie Heaslip, James Tracy, Rhys Ruddock, Tom Daly.
he is always mentioned.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

he is always mentioned.
In the press releases? Maybe I am just mis-remembering them, but I thought his name didn't appear. Can't check as the Leinster website is again not working.

The main (supposedly fit) person not in the training pics is Johnny. Isa was fully training.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

curates_egg wrote: In the press releases? Maybe I am just mis-remembering them, but I thought his name didn't appear. Can't check as the Leinster website is again not working.

The main (supposedly fit) person not in the training pics is Johnny. Isa was fully training.
yes. always at the bottom along with other long term injuries
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Fardy at 6 - with Toner and Ryan in the row - might be good against the physicality of Montpellier. If that's not prohibited by the Union, that is.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Seeing as it would be the 3rd or 4th time he has played 6 for us I'm guessing it's not prohibited by anyone including his mammy
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

johng wrote:Seeing as it would be the 3rd or 4th time he has played 6 for us I'm guessing it's not prohibited by anyone including his mammy
Was that when he moved during games or did he actually start there?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

leinsterforever wrote:
johng wrote:Seeing as it would be the 3rd or 4th time he has played 6 for us I'm guessing it's not prohibited by anyone including his mammy
Was that when he moved during games or did he actually start there?
He started there at least once off the top of me head
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Yep, away to Glasgow in the Pro14
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I think he has started there twice and moved there once. But it could be the other way round. Perhaps if xantippe has bad insomnia we could wake up to the answer in the morning.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

johng wrote:I think he has started there twice and moved there once. But it could be the other way round. Perhaps if xantippe has bad insomnia we could wake up to the answer in the morning.
He started there against Glasgow and came on as a sub for Dan Leavy against Connacht. Can’t find a game where we lost two back rows to cause him to move there but I’ll look again later.

Btw something I did spot which I somehow overlooked before was that Jordi’s yellow card against Glasgow was his second yellow this season. His first was against Glasgow for ... not back 10!!!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Would like to see Carbery at ten for this.

Can't see us being caught as top two seeds so would 'experiment' a little. Porter, Ryan, Carbery in; let's see what they're made of in a French cauldron.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Xanthippe wrote:
johng wrote:I think he has started there twice and moved there once. But it could be the other way round. Perhaps if xantippe has bad insomnia we could wake up to the answer in the morning.
He started there against Glasgow and came on as a sub for Dan Leavy against Connacht. Can’t find a game where we lost two back rows to cause him to move there but I’ll look again later.

Btw something I did spot which I somehow overlooked before was that Jordi’s yellow card against Glasgow was his second yellow this season. His first was against Glasgow for ... not back 10!!!!!
Brilliant. What a replication, but what research.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

That's right he came on just before half time in the Connacht game. I remember now. Brilliant job as always xan.

So it would only be his 3rd time to play 6 if he did it this week. I thought there might be another one.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Piece in the Irish Times today reminding us we haven't won in France for three years. This game is a big deal despite our position in the seedings. No way we should rest players.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

CiaranIrl wrote:Piece in the Irish Times today reminding us we haven't won in France for three years. This game is a big deal despite our position in the seedings. No way we should rest players.
As long as we win in Spain
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

olaf the fat wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Piece in the Irish Times today reminding us we haven't won in France for three years. This game is a big deal despite our position in the seedings. No way we should rest players.
As long as we win in Spain
Very good point. We could be celebrating in Bilbao still not having won in France.

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Xanthippe wrote:
Indeed - what a daft rule - penalty 10 meters out - just stand back and wave the opposing player through!