Leinster v Saracens

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Icarus
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Saracens

Post by Icarus »

riocard911 wrote:The completion of the group stage has left us with a mouth watering vista: Saracen's for starters in Dublin; Scarlets - the greatest hurdle in our quest for a fourth star, IMO, as I can't see La Rochelle getting a win in Llanelli - as the main course also - luckily - in Dublin; followed by hopefully our provincial rivals Munster for dessert in Bilbao. Am feeling confident. BRING! IT!! ON!!!!
A touch of premature poultry enumeration creeping in there Riocard!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Icarus wrote:
riocard911 wrote:The completion of the group stage has left us with a mouth watering vista: Saracen's for starters in Dublin; Scarlets - the greatest hurdle in our quest for a fourth star, IMO, as I can't see La Rochelle getting a win in Llanelli - as the main course also - luckily - in Dublin; followed by hopefully our provincial rivals Munster for dessert in Bilbao. Am feeling confident. BRING! IT!! ON!!!!
You're absolutely right, Icarus. I'm afraid the jubilation of our first win in France for a number of years ran away with me there. Still, we have every reason to be confident. Away wins in Glasgow, Exeter and Montpellier will have given our lads great self-belief, particularly the younger lads. It was interesting to see from Friday's captain's run photos the amount of players beyond the actual 23 that Leo und Stu brought down to the South of France - Dooley, Deegan, Straus, Dave Kearney etc: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/gallery/le ... d-stadium/. I think we are in a very good place rotation-wise. Without wanting to underestimate the challenge of Sarries in any way, certainly the knock-out stages with a potential semi vs Scarlets have introduced an interesting subplot to the Pro 14 matches during the 6 Nations......
Last edited by riocard911 on January 22nd, 2018, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

They are the best team to beat and the worst to lose to
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

simonokeeffe wrote:They are the best team to beat and the worst to lose to
Get out of that garden.
They're team we all love to hate...and I don't want to lose to anyone...but losing to Munster would be more painful. Thankfully, it has rarely happened since 2009 :lol:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

We could never do anything about whether they made the q/fs or not. But I am certainly glad that we qualified in a position to enable us to play them at home ....and with the least amount of time from them to prepare a team throughout the entire Season. So, from those perspectives (on which I have worked hard to convince myself), I am delighted to meet them on the Easter weekend in Aviva
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

curates_egg wrote:
Get out of that garden.
They're team we all love to hate...and I don't want to lose to anyone...but losing to Munster would be more painful. Thankfully, it has rarely happened since 2009 :lol:
Personally if I had to choose, I'd rather have us lose to Munster in the final than to Sarries in the quarter final or Scarlets in the semi. If we're not going to win it, than I'd rather have one of our provinces rather than AP or Top 14 team do it. I for one am unable to scream me guts out during the 6 Nations urging the likes of Conor Murray and Earlsy on and as soon as the tournament is over to automatically recategorise them as "the enemy". Shoulder to shoulder - knowwharamean?
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

riocard911 wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Get out of that garden.
Personally if I had to choose, I'd rather have us lose to Munster in the final than to Sarries in the quarter final or Scarlets in the semi. If we're not going to win it, than I'd rather have one of our provinces rather than AP or Top 14 team do it. I for one am unable to scream me guts out during the 6 Nations urging the likes of Conor Murray and Earlsy on and as soon as the tournament is over to automatically recategorise them as "the enemy". Shoulder to shoulder - knowwharamean?
Each to his own. Wimp :wink:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

curates_egg wrote:
Get out of that garden.
We wont lose to Munster even when Tadhg Beirne starts shooting lightning bolts of his ar se for them
They lack the pashun and are losing their best dancer in the summer
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Sionnach
Bookworm

Post by Sionnach »

riocard911 wrote: I for one am unable to scream me guts out during the 6 Nations urging the likes of Conor Murray and Earlsy on and as soon as the tournament is over to automatically recategorise them as "the enemy". Shoulder to shoulder - knowwharamean?
It's easy, you just treat them as two completely different people based upon the colour they're wearing.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

riocard911 wrote: Personally if I had to choose, I'd rather have us lose to Munster in the final than to Sarries in the quarter final or Scarlets in the semi. If we're not going to win it, than I'd rather have one of our provinces rather than AP or Top 14 team do it. I for one am unable to scream me guts out during the 6 Nations urging the likes of Conor Murray and Earlsy on and as soon as the tournament is over to automatically recategorise them as "the enemy". Shoulder to shoulder - knowwharamean?
Seems to me we need a Soviet sized purge on this forum. There is a creeping sense that a clac of saboteurs and counter-revolutionaries are undermining the purity of the Leinster cause.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Get out of that garden.
We wont lose to Munster even when Tadhg Beirne starts shooting lightning bolts of his ar se for them
Nothing a few injections can't solve, surely?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

domhnallj wrote:
riocard911 wrote: Personally if I had to choose, I'd rather have us lose to Munster in the final than to Sarries in the quarter final or Scarlets in the semi. If we're not going to win it, than I'd rather have one of our provinces rather than AP or Top 14 team do it. I for one am unable to scream me guts out during the 6 Nations urging the likes of Conor Murray and Earlsy on and as soon as the tournament is over to automatically recategorise them as "the enemy". Shoulder to shoulder - knowwharamean?
Seems to me we need a Soviet sized purge on this forum. There is a creeping sense that a clac of saboteurs and counter-revolutionaries are undermining the purity of the Leinster cause.
Whatever. I refuse to lower myself to the level of those Munster boyos, better bozos, who turned up to the Millenium in 2011 proud as punch in their Saints gear. The turnips are the ones with the chip on their shoulder, not us. We are Leinster and we are above such pettiness. Our magnificence allows us to display largesse towards our benighted Southern cousins.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Jaysus lads and lassies would you give over about losing to anybody.
We're the best team in the competition.
Why?
Because we've the best pack, the backs to decide the scoreline, a top notch coaching team.
And Lennie a fan base to die for. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Get out of that garden.
Packs win games, dancers decide by how much.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CiaranIrl wrote:
blockhead wrote:Totally agree.
We have no chance, might as well concentrate on the Pro14.
+1

Might as well use this game to blood young players. No point in risking key players for the Pro 14 run in. We should also target the B&I cup this year.
That's what we have been doing and it hasn't been working too well has it?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Icarus wrote:
Someone called Icarus getting someone to cool their jets. Now, I know my people don't do irony, but this is kinda it
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

RoboProp wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Someone called Icarus getting someone to cool their jets. Now, I know my people don't do irony, but this is kinda it
A bit ‘feather humour’ going on there too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

If Leinster do get to the final, unfortunately I expect that we will be facing Clermont rather than Munster. In this scenario the Irish media will probably be shouting for Clermont.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

riocard911 wrote: Whatever. I refuse to lower myself to the level of those Munster boyos, better bozos, who turned up to the Millenium in 2011 proud as punch in their Saints gear.
Did that actually happen or is it just an urban legend?
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

If we did get to play Clermont in the final, and win, we would have
Beaten the current Top 14 leaders (home and away)
Beaten the current English Premiership leaders, and reigning English Premiership Champions (home and away)
Beaten the current Pro 14 leaders (home and away)
Beaten the reigning Heineken Cup Champions
Beaten the reigning Pro 14 Champions (assuming Scarlets win their quarter final)
Beaten the reigning Top 14 Champions

Also if we beat Connacht when we play them in April in Galway - a domestic clean sweep.

And then win the Pro 14 in the Aviva.