Leinster v Saracens

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Saracens

Post by mildlyinterested »

complain on social media, only way you have a chance at getting any feedback from leinster.
LongWinded
Learner

Post by LongWinded »

mildlyinterested wrote:complain on social media, only way you have a chance at getting any feedback from leinster.
I've looked at it again and it does seem like I selected the collector ones, bad to malicious design but a mistake on my part as well. I will simply have to be annoyed about it I think.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LongWinded wrote:
Dundalk 1 wrote:
LongWinded wrote:Did anyone else end up getting charged extra for 'collector' tickets to this game in the pre-sale or am I just an eejit for not seeing and unticking it?
As far as I could see there was no way of unticking the Collector tickets
You needed to select the option of not having them at the start of the process
I eventually got tickets without them but it seems that not many tickets are available without them
It is another demonstration of total stupidity and possibly greed by whoever is in charge of the process
I was wondering was it something I had missed, I just clicked through without noticing. I guess I should have been paying more attention and not trusted ticketmaster. I have emailed them complaining for all the good it will do, I bought 8 tickets so an extra €5.95 each is significant.
Email the branch
Any time Ive had to theyve gotten back to me
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LongWinded
Learner

Post by LongWinded »

I called ticketmaster and it was no problem - changed to regular tickets. Much easier than anticipated, seem to have gotten myself worked up over very little.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LongWinded wrote: seem to have gotten myself worked up over very little.
Thats what this place is for :mullet 1:
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

So, we're down VDF already. Unfortunate looking injury: not unlike Jordi's but hopefully not as serious.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

curates_egg wrote:So, we're down VDF already. Unfortunate looking injury: not unlike Jordi's but hopefully not as serious.
He was walking around after the match without crutches - that's a very good sign.

When I did my knee I couldn't bear weight on it at all.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

FLIP wrote:
curates_egg wrote:So, we're down VDF already. Unfortunate looking injury: not unlike Jordi's but hopefully not as serious.
He was walking around after the match without crutches - that's a very good sign.

Nope, he's out of the season. Some humble pie for me to eat. :mullet 1:
Anyone But New Zealand
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

FLIP wrote:
FLIP wrote:

Nope, he's out of the season. Some humble pie for me to eat. :mullet 1:
When did you do your knee? I think the "science" has changed in the last 5 years.
He'll be getting the op, but will be encouraged to get back to mobility asap after.
I've currently got torn ligaments in my thumb and was expressly told not to strap it, although I should avoid doing stuff that hurts.
It's the opposite of what we used to be told.

But, yeah, VDF is goosed for the rest of the season. As is Ruddock probably.
We're not bare bones yet - Conan, Leavy, Murphy...maybe SOB fit, and then Murphy and Deegan, who are not ready for a Heino final. But we are entering iffy territory.
In other news, I saw a post from Heaslip last week, who is (finally) back doing exercise.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

curates_egg wrote:When did you do your knee? I think the "science" has changed in the last 5 years.
He'll be getting the op, but will be encouraged to get back to mobility asap after.
I've currently got torn ligaments in my thumb and was expressly told not to strap it, although I should avoid doing stuff that hurts.
It's the opposite of what we used to be told.

But, yeah, VDF is goosed for the rest of the season. As is Ruddock probably.
We're not bare bones yet - Conan, Leavy, Murphy...maybe SOB fit, and then Murphy and Deegan, who are not ready for a Heino final. But we are entering iffy territory.
In other news, I saw a post from Heaslip last week, who is (finally) back doing exercise.
2011 with the op in 2012 - what I meant about the mobility was that I couldn't actually put any weight on the leg for a few weeks after the injury as the pain was so bad. Took 9 months to get an operation over here in the UK, but the post op physiotherapy was top notch.

Straight after the op I was on a knee mobiliser, and had physio exercises to do the morning after.

I'd imagine JDVF will get the best of care ASAP and will have nothing to do but rehab, as opposed to being like the rest of us and have to work 9-5 on top of that. Best of luck to him, it's hard work!
Last edited by FLIP on February 5th, 2018, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Balls. We could really do with SOB, Ruddock or Heaslip back.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

As mentioned elsewhere we have Fardy too but only if Ryan stays fit really

The RTE interview last week with Heaslip makes it sound like he could come back for next season no sweat but hes been out so long after a previously injury free career hes in retirement mode mentally
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:As mentioned elsewhere we have Fardy too but only if Ryan stays fit really

The RTE interview last week with Heaslip makes it sound like he could come back for next season no sweat but hes been out so long after a previously injury free career hes in retirement mode mentally
Or he's preparing for one last crack at a RWC.
He looks in great shape.
BOD will be urging him to go "one more year"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschool wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:As mentioned elsewhere we have Fardy too but only if Ryan stays fit really

He looks in great shape.
We all will be!!!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote:

He looks in great shape.
His BOD or our BOD?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I hope to f he does come back especially to have a tilt at a last RWC

Fingers crossed hes just talking up his retirement options for when it does happen/realising and coming to terms with not having crazy long left
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Picked up two Premium tickets for BLK 323 Row A it was what I was offered , just looking for some info as I have never been in this area before, my dad is in his 80s and I’m wondering is there a lift to this level also is the podium Blue entrance just after the Orange entrance where we usually go in ?. One last question is Row A near the front and if so does that mean it’s open to the elements like the front rows on the lower level ?. I should know all this but am normally in the area below any info much appreciated!.
Flying wedge
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

footrush wrote:Picked up two Premium tickets for BLK 323 Row A it was what I was offered , just looking for some info as I have never been in this area before, my dad is in his 80s and I’m wondering is there a lift to this level also is the podium Blue entrance just after the Orange entrance where we usually go in ?. One last question is Row A near the front and if so does that mean it’s open to the elements like the front rows on the lower level ?. I should know all this but am normally in the area below any info much appreciated!.
There are lifts to bring you to level 3 but I think you have to access them from the Orange entrance rather than the Blue one. The Blue entrance is directly after the Orange one and what you will definitely find at that entrance is an escalator which goes directly to level 3.

Row A is the front row and in blocks 323-326 the higher your seat number the closer you are to to halfway (see picture below)

Hope this helps

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Xanthippe wrote:
footrush wrote:Picked up two Premium tickets for BLK 323 Row A it was what I was offered , just looking for some info as I have never been in this area before, my dad is in his 80s and I’m wondering is there a lift to this level also is the podium Blue entrance just after the Orange entrance where we usually go in ?. One last question is Row A near the front and if so does that mean it’s open to the elements like the front rows on the lower level ?. I should know all this but am normally in the area below any info much appreciated!.
There are lifts to bring you to level 3 but I think you have to access them from the Orange entrance rather than the Blue one. The Blue entrance is directly after the Orange one and what you will definitely find at that entrance is an escalator which goes directly to level 3.

Row A is the front row and in blocks 323-326 the higher your seat number the closer you are to to halfway (see picture below)

Hope this helps
Perfect thanks really appreciate the info Xanthippe !.
Flying wedge
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

This is looking like a much taller tale now. Two 6N games gone, two definitely out, one other injury, one possible injury.