Leinster v Saracens

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Raydollard
Graduate

Re: Leinster v Saracens

Post by Raydollard »

What is all this Dublin football lark about. We are Leinster rugby and this extraneous chyte should be kept off the site.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Raydollard wrote:What is all this Dublin football lark about. We are Leinster rugby and this extraneous chyte should be kept off the site.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Hardly extraneous when discussing 2 high attendance events on at the same time in the same city, one of which is our game.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

olaf the fat wrote:Hardly extraneous when discussing 2 high attendance events on at the same time in the same city, one of which is our game.
But you sort of imply that it is chyte.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

It would take just a little imagination to allow fans of multiple codes to see their favorite teams play on the same day. I've seen it in the US, Japan and Korea. Rival sports catering to fans by working together and having staggered kickoffs allowing plenty of time to get from one venue to another. Encourage it further by having transport discounts on the day and ticket holders for one event getting in for a discount at the second event, if tickets are available. There's no need for these sports to be competing with each other in 2018. Work together to ensure that both events are well attended giving fans a great day out.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Leinster v Saracens

Post by artaneboy »

Getting back to the game. With a couple of notable (probably semi-ironic) exceptions, it’s clear that there is no negativity at facing Saracens here. There’s rather a sobering appreciation of the task in hand. They are not one-trick ponies and are as hard as nails. You don’t get to be double European Champs without that.

Getting them was actually a timely remedy to any over-exuberance and temptation to the Mocker Gods. If we beat you them, we will rightly be the favourites for the title. If we aren’t short too many of our frontliners- I know we have a ridiculously strong squad- but still...

I’m expecting we will have one hell of a tough game but to eventually edge them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
wixfjord wrote:If you think Sarries only play 'bish bosh basic' rugby, then you might have another thing coming to you.

Also believing that the whole team is built around four players is like saying we're built around Sexton and Furlong

Just because they're our most important players doesn't mean there aren't other very dangerous guys there.
Goode, Maitland, George, Kruis, Skelton, Williams, Barritt are all experienced, top level players.

They may not be the side of last year, but they are still very dangerous.
Agree with most of that but think Skelton is a liability. He's a penalty machine, has poor hands, makes poor decisions...I'd be very happy to see his name on the team sheet.

I think the way that they patiently hold onto the ball until the opposition cracks, and with Wigglesworth's box kicking and Farrell and Goode's strong kicking games, that I'd almost rule out Lowe for this one already. I'm sure he'll adjust to how we defend and am very much of the opinion that what he offers in attack far outweighs the errors, but not for this game.
Not like Skelton is easy to lift either

Agree on Lowe too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

suisse wrote:It would take just a little imagination to allow fans of multiple codes to see their favorite teams play on the same day. I've seen it in the US, Japan and Korea. Rival sports catering to fans by working together and having staggered kickoffs allowing plenty of time to get from one venue to another. Encourage it further by having transport discounts on the day and ticket holders for one event getting in for a discount at the second event, if tickets are available. There's no need for these sports to be competing with each other in 2018. Work together to ensure that both events are well attended giving fans a great day out.
BT Sports don't give a toss about any of that. They'll have dictated when the match is on.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

On a separate note, I assume we'll have a French ref for this one.
A proud Winsome Fluter
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:On a separate note, I assume we'll have a French ref for this one.
Most likely. Theyll save Nig for one of the others
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
suisse wrote:It would take just a little imagination to allow fans of multiple codes to see their favorite teams play on the same day. I've seen it in the US, Japan and Korea. Rival sports catering to fans by working together and having staggered kickoffs allowing plenty of time to get from one venue to another. Encourage it further by having transport discounts on the day and ticket holders for one event getting in for a discount at the second event, if tickets are available. There's no need for these sports to be competing with each other in 2018. Work together to ensure that both events are well attended giving fans a great day out.
BT Sports don't give a toss about any of that. They'll have dictated when the match is on.
Plus this competition is across jurisdictions. Plus television, which sets the kickoff times, doesn't really care about the live fans. If they weren't there they'd probably digitally superimpose them onto the stands and have a cheering laff track added on. Plus, BT seems to have a corporate policy of pissing in other people's water.
Most likely they neither knew nor cared, and had they known they wouldn't have cared.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Plus this competition is across jurisdictions. Plus television, which sets the kickoff times, doesn't really care about the live fans. If they weren't there they'd probably digitally superimpose them onto the stands and have a cheering laff track added on. Plus, BT seems to have a corporate policy of pissing in other people's water.
Most likely they neither knew nor cared, and had they known they wouldn't have cared.
I'd suggest this competition doesn't really care about live fans.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

kermischocolate wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:
Kermi based on your memories of your away game to Saracens last season and substituing Leinster for Glasgow what insights would you offer us.
Pack strength in primary possession, breakdown, support play and handling skills.
Back play, half backs, attack strenghts, defence kicking game both defence/attack.
Threats and Weaknesses.
PS - take your time btw.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

A performance like this and we'll beat Saracens!: https://rugbylist.blogspot.de/p/101217- ... nster.html
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Oldschool wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:
Kermi based on your memories of your away game to Saracens last season and substituing Leinster for Glasgow what insights would you offer us.
Pack strength in primary possession, breakdown, support play and handling skills.
Back play, half backs, attack strenghts, defence kicking game both defence/attack.
Threats and Weaknesses.
PS - take your time btw.
I'll be honest- I've no idea. It was sunny, cider was sold in 4-pint bags, Saracens fans and as a club were delightful (although to be fair in a 15k stadium there were 6k Weegies- their usual capacity is 12k IIRC). We got our arses handed to us and still had an awesome day, supported them in the semi and final. Their supporters club are lovely.
Technical insight is not my strong point! All I remember is they weren't very flashy and basically strangled us into not being able to play. IIRC we had an awful lot of possession but were allowed to go nowhere with it (hardly a surprise for us last year, I know). I thought the same at last years final- Sarries just ground Clermont down.
You guys will match them much better up front than we could but I've not seen much of them this year so dunno how they are compared to last season. You are currently the form team in Europe and with good reason.

I still maintain my point that EPCR couldn't give a monkeys about fans at games/ tournaments as long as the tv money keeps rolling in (i.e. I was agreeing with the point 433 was making about tv). They seem to have missed the point that one is dependent on the other.
"match day experience" is an alien concept to them.
I mean really- who schedules a game for half five on a friday- even if it is a public holiday?!
Top seed of this years tournament v last years winners should have top billing and the prime Saturday slot- not Edinburgh v Cardiff in the secondary competition! If you have chosen Sunday afternoon dair enough but that seems unlikely.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The only scheduling that counts for these weekends is how BT Execs rate the relevant matches against the Premiership soccer games which are scheduled for the past 10 months.
LongWinded
Learner

Post by LongWinded »

Did anyone else end up getting charged extra for 'collector' tickets to this game in the pre-sale or am I just an eejit for not seeing and unticking it?
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

LongWinded wrote:Did anyone else end up getting charged extra for 'collector' tickets to this game in the pre-sale or am I just an eejit for not seeing and unticking it?
As far as I could see there was no way of unticking the Collector tickets
You needed to select the option of not having them at the start of the process
I eventually got tickets without them but it seems that not many tickets are available without them
It is another demonstration of total stupidity and possibly greed by whoever is in charge of the process
LongWinded
Learner

Post by LongWinded »

Dundalk 1 wrote:
LongWinded wrote:Did anyone else end up getting charged extra for 'collector' tickets to this game in the pre-sale or am I just an eejit for not seeing and unticking it?
I eventually got tickets without them but it seems that not many tickets are available without them
It is another demonstration of total stupidity and possibly greed by whoever is in charge of the process
I was wondering was it something I had missed, I just clicked through without noticing. I guess I should have been paying more attention and not trusted ticketmaster. I have emailed them complaining for all the good it will do, I bought 8 tickets so an extra €5.95 each is significant.
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

LongWinded wrote:
Dundalk 1 wrote:
I was wondering was it something I had missed, I just clicked through without noticing. I guess I should have been paying more attention and not trusted ticketmaster. I have emailed them complaining for all the good it will do, I bought 8 tickets so an extra €5.95 each is significant.
It is quite pathetic to make a big deal of offering a 10 percent discount to encourage sales and then to slip in a cost which in most cases is higher than the discount received
Leinster should be trying to fill the stadium with supporters and have the supporters feeling a sense of good value