Leinster Vs Scarlets Sat 17th Feb 15.15 Sky Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster Vs Scarlets Sat 17th Feb 15.15 Sky Sports

Post by Oldschool »

artaneboy wrote:
johng wrote: So what? Why do people get so het up about posters be they trolls or not?

Ignore them if they are annoying you and if others want to debate with them who's gonna die?

In a fairly insular forum like this fear of the outsider is reaching small village in ballygobackwards levels
The comfort of the echo chamber, of course. It’s a big element of modern society; this forum is just a microcosm of that.

It’s not enough to disagree- we have to restrict the ability of those we argue with, or dislike to a presence in our environment. None of us are immune to this tendency- but tolerance is certainly not a valued quality on such forums- except for Limecat, of course! (he crawls :-) ).

But as ever- Munster Fans is far, far worse...!

Anyhoo- Lacey is nowhere as poor as Clancy- and all the countries have their dud refs. Plenty of the Welsh too- Whitehouse anybody?

I fear Beirne and co at the breakdown. Nervous now after watching Ulster implode and Connacht flop last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I share your fear.
Last night Ulster didn't manage the game well.
Today we need to be cute.
Last week we gave the suckers an even break, this weekend we need to make sure we don't repeat the prescription.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I'm thinking we gave Dúnédin more than the one even break - a whole heap of them, in fact!!! Luke McGrath will be kicking himself how the last couple of minutes in Myreside panned out. I'd be looking for decisive leadership from him today.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

artaneboy wrote:tolerance is certainly not a valued quality on such forums
when somebody (by somebody I mean a unique internet persona on the internet) repeatedly behaves in a particular, almost predictable manner, especially when that involves taking an intentionally controversial opinion in order to illicit a response, they pay a price.

being tolerant, in order to apparantely defend the rights of an anonymous username (not a real person) to spout complete balls, is stupid.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Logorrhea wrote:
artaneboy wrote:tolerance is certainly not a valued quality on such forums
when somebody (by somebody I mean a unique internet persona on the internet) repeatedly behaves in a particular, almost predictable manner, especially when that involves taking an intentionally controversial opinion in order to illicit a response, they pay a price.

being tolerant, in order to apparantely defend the rights of an anonymous username (not a real person) to spout complete balls, is stupid.
In the first place declaring “an intentionally controversial opinion..., etc.”, requires a subjective judgement.

In the second place- so what!?! If you don’t like a post, skip to the next subjective opinion.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

artaneboy wrote:In the first place declaring “an intentionally controversial opinion..., etc.”, requires a subjective judgement.

In the second place- so what!?! If you don’t like a post, skip to the next subjective opinion.

So some people aren't entitled to their opinion? Just have to shut up and let it go?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

paddyor wrote:
artaneboy wrote:In the first place declaring “an intentionally controversial opinion..., etc.”, requires a subjective judgement.

So some people aren't entitled to their opinion? Just have to shut up and let it go?
Do you really find it hard to understand this?

For a start who introduced “entitled” but you- in one of the classic straw men arguments. But let’s run with that term anyway.

Anyone is entitled to disagree with another’s opinion. What’s not an entitlement is to make unsupported declarations (by reference to their statements) on their motivations.

And more crucially there is absolutely no entitlement to declare them trolls and thereby seek to have them barred.

You can disagree with that- it’s your entitlement.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Our backline defence :roll:

Caught three times down the left flank in that movement alone.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Defense there was absolutely woeful. Byrne bit in, but it all seemed a little messy, when we had numbers to just push them out.
artaneboy wrote:What’s not an entitlement is to make unsupported declarations (by reference to their statements) on their motivations. And more crucially there is absolutely no entitlement to declare them trolls
Of course there is.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:Our backline defence :roll:

Caught three times down the left flank in that movement alone.
I think you're being kind with only one. :roll:
Scarlets are making very easy yards every time they move the ball.
Attacking Adam Byrne's wing mostly but the damage is being done before the ball is getting anywhere near him.
Ross Byrne isn't playing well.
Luke needs to make a couple of breaks.
Box kicking might be risky to a very good counter attacking team but I think it's something that has to be tested.
Interesting to see Lancaster freaking at the lads at ht.
Hand/arm gestures suggest he's telling the defence that we're too narrow.
TG our pack is having the better of things.
If Scarlets get enough possession they're going to beat us.
Tag Beirne already looking good for mom.
James Lowe will be Leinster's mom.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A pretty disappointing win if that's not too oxymoronic.

Our backplay was awful. Backline defence was worse.

And coughing up a LBP was a shocker.

Hope ROL isn't too bad.

On the plus side Frawley looked good. Ed Byrne had a great game. Lowe energetic and Fardy is our player of the season by a distance.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Last four scrums all lost, difference between 4-0 and 4-1.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ross Byrne and Noel Reid convey zero confidence in defence, more like rabbits in headlights!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

wixfjord wrote:A pretty disappointing win if that's not too oxymoronic.

Our backplay was awful. Backline defence was worse.

And coughing up a LBP was a shocker.

Hope ROL isn't too bad.

On the plus side Frawley looked good. Ed Byrne had a great game. Lowe energetic and Fardy is our player of the season by a distance.
+1.
Two points less than we should have. Very poor defensive first quarter. Very poor attacking last quarter. Heffernan not up to this level at THP and contributed three penalties in less than 10 mins. V. happy to see impact of Frawley, who is definitely up to this level.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

riocard911 wrote:Ross Byrne and Noel Reid convey zero confidence in defence, more like rabbits in headlights!!!!

Everyone from 10-15 conveys zero confidence in defence.

Scarlets must lick their lips when they see Adam Byrne on our teamsheet.

Also for all the Larmour hype he looks very green (as he should btw). Taking a bit much out of the ball and needs to be a little less selfish imo. Not every ball is the opportunity to step.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

fourthirtythree wrote:Last four scrums all lost, difference between 4-0 and 4-1.
That or one of Byrne's cr@p conversions.

Was very impressed with Frawley: I had never seen him before. Shame he didn't start kicking earlier.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Also the contrast between Molony and Beirne today was stark. One looked one paced and playing to his level, the other looked test standard and charged around the pitch making impacts. Appreciate there's three years in the difference and Beirne was playing 6 for most of the match, but the difference in athleticism and power is huge. Molony really hasn't kicked on.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Byrne is such a limited player that there is no real future there. Frawley looks promising but let’s see.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Was a very weird backline defensively and they didn’t help each other much. Scarlets are looking like a major force for European cup and pro 14 though. They can play away from home better than most too.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote:Last four scrums all lost, difference between 4-0 and 4-1.
And a warning for the return game.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Surprised to see the extreme negativity here. 4-1 is an ok result all things considered IMO.

We were missing 4 props, 2 second rows, 2 back rows, 1 outhalf, a wing and a fullback to the IRFU. We are missing 3 centres, 4 back rows, one hooker to injury.
We had some serious novices in that 23.
We had what was possibly our weakest backline defensively.
Our outhalf is in a bad run of form.
Our scrum was poor, our defence was worrying, and it was very annoying to leak a bonus point at the death.

But we beat the conference leaders and league champions.