Leinster Vs Scarlets Sat 17th Feb 15.15 Sky Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster Vs Scarlets Sat 17th Feb 15.15 Sky Sports

Post by wixfjord »

Scarlets are +18 for this game! They're mad odds!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

wixfjord wrote:Scarlets are +18 for this game! They're mad odds!
Is that since the ref was announced?
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:Yeah, complaints about Lacey are down to his his genuine shiteness as a referee.
I think many of you and others are making the mistake of arguing in good faith with a troll.

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/search.ph ... 6&sr=posts
good spot paddy, so his mo is to leave a dangler about refs and see where it goes from there.

suppose you've got to get your kicks somewhere
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:Yeah, complaints about Lacey are down to his his genuine shiteness as a referee.
I think many of you and others are making the mistake of arguing in good faith with a troll.

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/search.ph ... 6&sr=posts
good spot paddy, so his mo is to leave a dangler about refs and see where it goes from there.

suppose you've got to get your kicks somewhere
So what? Why do people get so het up about posters be they trolls or not?

Ignore them if they are annoying you and if others want to debate with them who's gonna die?

In a fairly insular forum like this fear of the outsider is reaching small village in ballygobackwards levels
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I really don't get Carbery's omission, would have thought he was in dire need of game time. From a Leinster POV I'm happy that we have Byrne and Larmour playing, but surely he could have at least benched ahead of Frawley? I thought he looked slightly rusty last weekend (although maybe the intercept is clouding my judgement there) and there's still a full week of training next week to run with the Ireland team.

Would have loved Isa at 12 for this so that...wait for it...he could use his extraordinary power in the centre, but still a good back line on paper. I've been a bit disappointed with Noel recently, think he needs to step it up. Thought Ross Byrne was poor last week but if himself and Noel improve then that's a big swing in our direction.

I like the look of our pack but don't see us getting on top of Beirne and Davies, reckon they'll keep the Scarlets in the game, but if we could deal with them then fingers crossed we'll get the win. Lots of stupid decisions last week which were reminiscent of the semi final last season. Fingers crossed that's the kick up the arse we need for tomorrow.

I feel for Dave Kearney. He was awful last week and I wouldn't have picked him either, but hope we see him next week and that he performs much better.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote:So what? Why do people get so het up about posters be they trolls or not?

Ignore them if they are annoying you and if others want to debate with them who's gonna die?

In a fairly insular forum like this fear of the outsider is reaching small village in ballygobackwards levels
No harm in warning people either. But yeah, if you'd like to know why the woes of Welsh rugby are our fault go ahead and engage him.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Nobody any info on Isa? This is a huge game, where we will need experience, with a Munster ref that will need managing (not as biased as Clancy or Gimpon).
Really worrying not to have him and no info.
Would echo concerns about defence of that backline.

Right now, we have no midfield for Sarries either.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Scarlets are now +21!

Jaysus I know they're missing a few and coming off a loss to Treviso, but I honestly can't believe that handicap. If we win by anything near 22 points I'll be delighted!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:Scarlets are now +21!

Jaysus I know they're missing a few and coming off a loss to Treviso, but I honestly can't believe that handicap. If we win by anything near 22 points I'll be delighted!
which bookies is that? its pretty much free money

our best defender in that 3/4 line is Sean Cronin
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

11-14 possibly our worst defensive players per position. Very exciting with the ball though. Could be a basketball score if it's dry.

A bench that doesn't inspire confidence either against the champions and conference leaders.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

There now, he's being minded cause he's old.....

http://www.the42.ie/leo-cullen-leinster ... 2-Feb2018/

Don't you all feel silly?

They wouldn't lie would they? :shock:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

johng wrote: So what? Why do people get so het up about posters be they trolls or not?

I’ve no objection to SL posting, just pointing out he had a pretty subtle approach
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I really don't get Carbery's omission, would have thought he was in dire need of game time. From a Leinster POV I'm happy that we have Byrne and Larmour playing, but surely he could have at least benched ahead of Frawley? I thought he looked slightly rusty last weekend (although maybe the intercept is clouding my judgement there) and there's still a full week of training next week to run with the Ireland team.

Would have loved Isa at 12 for this so that...wait for it...he could use his extraordinary power in the centre, but still a good back line on paper. I've been a bit disappointed with Noel recently, think he needs to step it up. Thought Ross Byrne was poor last week but if himself and Noel improve then that's a big swing in our direction.

I like the look of our pack but don't see us getting on top of Beirne and Davies, reckon they'll keep the Scarlets in the game, but if we could deal with them then fingers crossed we'll get the win. Lots of stupid decisions last week which were reminiscent of the semi final last season. Fingers crossed that's the kick up the arse we need for tomorrow.

I feel for Dave Kearney. He was awful last week and I wouldn't have picked him either, but hope we see him next week and that he performs much better.
I think your mixing Isa's extraordinary penetration with someone else's extraordinary power.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote: So what? Why do people get so het up about posters be they trolls or not?

The quick answer to your question is "intolerance".
However and I know I'm being hypocritical when I say this,
I'm personally very intolerant of intolerance.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

curates_egg wrote:Nobody any info on Isa? This is a huge game, where we will need experience, with a Munster ref that will need managing (not as biased as Clancy or Gimpon).
Really worrying not to have him and no info.
Would echo concerns about defence of that backline.

Right now, we have no midfield for Sarries either.
It's a fair guess that Isa's game time is being managed to ensure that he is available for the Saracens game
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

paddyor wrote:No harm in warning people either.
Yep saves me having to work it out myself.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Logorrhea wrote:
paddyor wrote:No harm in warning people either.
Yep saves me having to work it out myself.
No harm at all.

It's funny how a lot of welsh posters harp on about the irfu owning 4 teams and that not being fair in context of a league.

Possibly it may have been better for them if their union could have afforded to own the regions in 2003.

Then the league would have been all union controlled.

The English and French also tried to impose a more club controlled and less union controlled setup during the Euro re organisation.

There is no perfect answer for club rugby in the celtic countries. None of the countries can sustain a proper league on their own.

The only other answer bar what we have is some kind of a British Irish league. That would probably suit wales more than Ireland given the geography and the fact that their teims are not union controlled. (Although they are totally union dependent)

Would it really be better for them in the long run though?

They would only exist at the whim of their overlords. And would be even worse for us.

The debate will continue no doubt
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Kid Anusol lives to parrot this line.

Some other gems from him:
The Irfu made Henshaw move from Connacht
They made Cronin and Leaflet go to Contact and then on from there etc.

In short, clubs good, unions really bad. He's as tedious as he is clueless.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

The comfort of the echo chamber, of course. It’s a big element of modern society; this forum is just a microcosm of that.

It’s not enough to disagree- we have to restrict the ability of those we argue with, or dislike to a presence in our environment. None of us are immune to this tendency- but tolerance is certainly not a valued quality on such forums- except for Limecat, of course! (he crawls :-) ).

But as ever- Munster Fans is far, far worse...!

Anyhoo- Lacey is nowhere as poor as Clancy- and all the countries have their dud refs. Plenty of the Welsh too- Whitehouse anybody?

I fear Beirne and co at the breakdown. Nervous now after watching Ulster implode and Connacht flop last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

3/4 first team players for a home game against the league champions and leaders. I know it's a funny time of the year, but still, that's pretty frustrating and is a bit of confirmation of Welsh criticism of the league.