Leinster vs Southern Kings - Friday 23/2 19.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Leinster vs Southern Kings - Friday 23/2 19.35 TG4

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

It was back to winning ways for Leinster last week but the mood in the crowd at the final whistle was far from euphoric.

The win stretched Leinster's lead to three points over the Scarlets at the top of the table in Conference B but really it should have be five. Having scored 3 tries by the 41st minute Leinster had nearly a whole half of rugby to get the bonus point try but failed to do so. Then to add insult to injury an imploding scrum allowed the Scarlets to kick a penalty to snatch a losing bonus point in the final play of the game.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
If we get both our tightheads back fit.
welcome to the reality of being a leinster fan.
I don't know your birth year, but I think I might have been facing that reality for longer than you.
And, while some of the old fogies might know better, I'm pretty sure that we never supplied two tightheads to the matchday squad until around 2014...or whenever Marty Moore got his first cap. Certainly, in previous 30 years we didn't.
Also, it only has been an issue for about 10-15 years at all: there was no scheduling problem before.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

Any word on Adam Byrne being dropped completely?

Thought he looked last week that he needed some game-time and match fitness.

Looking forward to seeing Frawley!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

I'm putting money on James Lowe scoring at least once.

What? Better to be conservative
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

RoboProp wrote:I'm putting money on James Lowe scoring at least once.

Would places even offer odds on that? :lol:
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

curates_egg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
If we get both our tightheads back fit.
welcome to the reality of being a leinster fan.
I don't know your birth year, but I think I might have been facing that reality for longer than you.
And, while some of the old fogies might know better, I'm pretty sure that we never supplied two tightheads to the matchday squad until around 2014...or whenever Marty Moore got his first cap. Certainly, in previous 30 years we didn't.
Also, it only has been an issue for about 10-15 years at all: there was no scheduling problem before.
Jack McGrath played at TH for Leinster in at least one game. Against Ospreys I think, as a sub when both our THs were injured.
So that makes him a TH :?: . I'm sure there's a trick answer or two. Nathan White was an ex Leinster player when he was capped at TH.
Not sure but I'd be looking at the period when Paul Wallace played for us.
It'd still be a cheat because there was only one prop (dual purpose if you know what I mean) allowed on the bench back then., if even.
Technically the sub was both a LH and a TH prop.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
RoboProp wrote:I'm putting money on James Lowe scoring at least once.

Would places even offer odds on that? :lol:
2/7

Leinster to lead by 15 or more at halftime is 4/6 which is good
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Oldschool wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Jack McGrath played at TH for Leinster in at least one game. Against Ospreys I think, as a sub when both our THs were injured.
So that makes him a TH :?: . I'm sure there's a trick answer or two. Nathan White was an ex Leinster player when he was capped at TH.
It'd still be a cheat because there was only one prop (dual purpose if you know what I mean) allowed on the bench back then., if even.
Thought about Wallace when I posted but his Irish career was more or less over when he joined us. Hayes was establishing himself. Either way, I can't see how we'd have supplied two.

Even if he were a tighthead, McGrath's first cap didn't come that much before Moore surely?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

curates_egg wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Thought about Wallace when I posted but his Irish career was more or less over when he joined us. Hayes was establishing himself. Either way, I can't see how we'd have supplied two.

Even if he were a tighthead, McGrath's first cap didn't come that much before Moore surely?
Could be argued we're the first team to provide all four match day props, three LHs and three THs.
Healy being the odd man out.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Oldschool wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Oldschool wrote: Jack McGrath played at TH for Leinster in at least one game. Against Ospreys I think, as a sub when both our THs were injured.

Could be argued we're the first team to provide all four match day props, three LHs and three THs.
Healy being the odd man out.
Or Furlong the odd man out
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Look forward to when Larmour comes on at 15.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

It's great to see so many club players in the Leinster ranks. It's not that long ago that Shaggy was the only one we could point to. There are plenty now.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Any chance we will see Jamie Heaslip as waterboy tonight? That's always a good sign.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

what sort of numbers we expecting tonight with the under 20s and the France game both on the box as well as this one?
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Leoslovechild wrote:what sort of numbers we expecting tonight with the under 20s and the France game both on the box as well as this one?
Was thinking the same. It'll probably be a pretty low attendance.
Dont Panic!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Dexter wrote:
Leoslovechild wrote:what sort of numbers we expecting tonight with the under 20s and the France game both on the box as well as this one?
Was thinking the same. It'll probably be a pretty low attendance.
Yeah, a severely weakened team against the worst team in the league on a Friday evening while there are other, more attractive options on the box or down the road will mean the turnout this evening will be pretty poor. I'd be surprised if we hit 5 figures.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I know which game is my primary focus.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Which one is going to lug you out of Longford? On a Friday. Either one?
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

johng wrote:Which one is going to lug you out of Longford? On a Friday. Either one?
Coaching at 7.30 so neither.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

the spoofer wrote:
johng wrote:Which one is going to lug you out of Longford? On a Friday. Either one?
Coaching at 7.30 so neither.
Program the recorder so and watch it all, when you get home!!!