Scott Fardy vs Tadhg Beirne Round 2 - Sat 3.15 Sky Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Scott Fardy vs Tadhg Beirne Round 2 - Sat 3.15 Sky Sport

Post by Oldschool »

curates_egg wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Indeed Poite possibly has passed him?
If Fitzgibbon weren't retired... :lol:

My top pick in these parts would be Garces. I think he is superb.
Yeah Garces would be my choice too.
Nigel is not bad tbh but he's bought into the SH heresy that "entertainment is everything".
It's not, "winning is everything"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschool wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Indeed Poite possibly has passed him?
If Fitzgibbon weren't retired... :lol:

My top pick in these parts would be Garces. I think he is superb.
Yeah Garces would be my choice too.
Nigel is not bad tbh but he's bought into the SH heresy that "entertainment is everything".
It's not, "winning is everything"
Nigel may have bought into “entertainment is everything” but he’s not accomplishing this at all. All of his recent big matches have been turgid affairs where he allows all sorts of shite a ruck time thereby slowing the game down and allowing defenses to set to such an extent that it’s almost like watching porridge boil - all you get is burnt porridge and a black bottom on your pot.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: Nigel may have bought into “entertainment is everything” but he’s not accomplishing this at all. All of his recent big matches have been turgid affairs where he allows all sorts of shite a ruck time thereby slowing the game down and allowing defenses to set to such an extent that it’s almost like watching porridge boil - all you get is burnt porridge and a black bottom on your pot.
Agree and maybe that's why he needs to review his approach.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Oldschool wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: Nigel may have bought into “entertainment is everything” but he’s not accomplishing this at all. All of his recent big matches have been turgid affairs where he allows all sorts of shite a ruck time thereby slowing the game down and allowing defenses to set to such an extent that it’s almost like watching porridge boil - all you get is burnt porridge and a black bottom on your pot.
Agree and maybe that's why he needs to review his approach.
Its been quite a few years since Nigel was a good ref. Definitely needs someone to push the reset button for him. He's always been a bit above the game, Nigel knows best (notice is own unique hand signals, Nigel signals). It was ok because he hadn't got too far ahead of himself, now he favours flow/ entertainment at the cost of fair competition, doesn't want to use or listen to the TMO, even when he should and never fails to hold up the game so he can deliver some pre-rehearsed sound bite. He's his own man.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

BlueBlue wrote: doesn't want to use or listen to the TMO, even when he should.
Apart of course from the couple of times when he used and listened to the TMO in this game.
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Has there been any word on SOB other than it's an arm injury? How long is he out for?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

paddyor wrote:Has there been any word on SOB other than it's an arm injury? How long is he out for?
"It's early days yet, so we'll just have to see. We'll have a report on that next week. There's no long lasting damage I'm aware of and once I have more information, I'll have more to tell you.""

[source: https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 89849.html ]

That's the last I've heard - dated 10th March.