A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Zebre Sat 2pm TG4

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
the spoofer wrote: JGP had a fine game.
Two things in particular - or rather the same thing twice - caught the eye for me. Zebre locks broke the line and both times JGP ran them down tracking back. On the first occasion the zebre player lost the ball just before tackle and on the second JGP brought him down with a fine tackle - classic scrum half sweeper play.
I'm not having a pop at him but wasn't one of those tackles after he had messed up a loop play?
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Yep. He knocked it on, the Zebre player collected it ran on and JGP forced the knock-on in return.

It was an error but an excellent recovery
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah he did recover well, just pointing out that he didn't really read it well or clean up other's mistakes.

If I remember correctly, COB stopped when the ball went loose and didn't really chase back, quite frustrating to watch.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah he did recover well, just pointing out that he didn't really read it well or clean up other's mistakes.

If I remember correctly, COB stopped when the ball went loose and didn't really chase back, quite frustrating to watch.
His attempt at a clear out in the second half was equally ‘tentative’. Needs to use the size a bit more.
He strikes me as quite a nervous/unsure type of guy?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah he did recover well, just pointing out that he didn't really read it well or clean up other's mistakes.

His attempt at a clear out in the second half was equally ‘tentative’. Needs to use the size a bit more.
after that kick he played nervously, didnt want to make another mistake.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

after that kick he played nervously, didnt want to make another mistake.
Yeah, he put that kick about 10m into the stands, massively misjudged it. He probably felt a bit stupid about it [his first touch] because it wasn't just a foot out, it was waaaayyyy out. He played conservatively after that. He's a real talent though, and we need to push his development.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

hugonaut wrote:
Yeah, he put that kick about 10m into the stands, massively misjudged it. He probably felt a bit stupid about it [his first touch] because it wasn't just a foot out, it was waaaayyyy out. He played conservatively after that. He's a real talent though, and we need to push his development.
Heard Daly will be back next season so there will be some competition at 12 next season.