Old School Ties Makng New Blue Magic Happen for Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

backrower8
Mullet

Old School Ties Makng New Blue Magic Happen for Leinster

Post by backrower8 »

Some time ago I posted on a thread here to the effect that there must be a benefit to Leinster from having so many guys in the squad who have played together for years as schoolboys, specifically St Michael’s. Well I was put in my place for such talk.

Today The Times has published another story in its Irish edition (there was also one last Saturday) that draws attention to the 14 strong contingent on the Leinster books plus a few more from the Sun-academy.

In it Rory O’Loughlin says that it helps to have a core who know each other so well for so long as they have a ready made bond. The bond isn’t not exclusive to the former Michael’s guys, but as I said before, it’s an added bonus to have that dynamic. Nothing more or less than that.

I am sure some of the forum Gods will spin this negatively but I am just pointing to what one of the squad has said about it.

“Leinster so thankful to St Michael’s”
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/25edc ... 0aae019371
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Old School Ties Makng New Blue Magic Happen for Leinster

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

It's strange that almost every article that mentions Leavy or Ryan mentions that they went to St. Michaels, but articles mentioning other players doesn't as much.
It's the new version of "Darren Sweetnam, former Cork hurler".
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Image
Ah bless you! :happy clapper: :lol:
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

And Leavy and Ryan were so far apart in school that they never played together at that level which kind of defeats the argument that its of benefit that they went to the same school.
Four Stars
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

A former St. Michaels student thinks it's great that there are loads of former St. Michaels students playing for Leinster, i'm shocked.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

And the beat goes on…6 of the 7 Michael’s lads that played today were from the 2012 SCT winning side. The finishing half backs and two wing-forwards included. Don’t you just love facts?

Equally impressive in a different way was having 7 players from the Club system at numbers 3, 4, 12, 14, 17, 18 & 22

And on another level, having 3 Gingers at the finish (20, 22 & 23) the future is bright…orange.