Leinster Vs Benetton Rugby Sat 19.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster Vs Benetton Rugby Sat 19.35 TG4

Post by CiaranIrl »

I don't see Sexton or Nacewa being involved at all. There's no need whatsoever.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:if luke is fit next week he starts simple.
Not convinced on that. Ankle injuries are notoriously problematic and debilitating. Would like to see him play before we put him out against Scarlets. Its an injury which passes too many 'fitness tests' and then reoccurs when a player instinctively reacts in a game. If he's not 100% against a Lions scrum-half and an international back-row (plus a player who knows him like a brother), he shouldn't be in our 23.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:if luke is fit next week he starts simple.
Not convinced on that. Ankle injuries are notoriously problematic and debilitating. Would like to see him play before we put him out against Scarlets. Its an injury which passes too many 'fitness tests' and then reoccurs when a player instinctively reacts in a game. If he's not 100% against a Lions scrum-half and an international back-row (plus a player who knows him like a brother), he shouldn't be in our 23.
Yeah, you're probably right, but it's a difficult one. The cost of losing luke is just so high, given he pulls out Lowe with him.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I'd agree with others that I don't want Isa near this game (or near anything sharper than a dull spoon tbh). It's very difficult to predict tbh. If McGrath isn't fit, I'd like to see Adam Byrne get another start and tell him it's an audition for Scarlets.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Reading Girve's quotes this morning and i'd be shocked if McGrath isn't starting 9.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

Cianostays wrote:I'd agree with others that I don't want Isa near this game (or near anything sharper than a dull spoon tbh). It's very difficult to predict tbh. If McGrath isn't fit, I'd like to see Adam Byrne get another start and tell him it's an audition for Scarlets.

I can't see how Byrne should get into the 23 against Scarlets ahead of Daly to be honest.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:
Cianostays wrote:I'd agree with others that I don't want Isa near this game (or near anything sharper than a dull spoon tbh). It's very difficult to predict tbh. If McGrath isn't fit, I'd like to see Adam Byrne get another start and tell him it's an audition for Scarlets.

I can't see how Byrne should get into the 23 against Scarlets ahead of Daly to be honest.
Think you could be right about Daly but AB is well worth persevering with in terms of development.
If Burt can't fix him then nobody can.
JS has given him a few pointers too which he should see as encouragement.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:

It's based on Byrne's prowess in the air. It'd make our cross field kick a pronounced threat and force the Scarlets defence to cover it (potentially leaving space elsewhere). He did serious damage to their defence last season. He needs a big improvement from the Zebre game though. If there is no improvement, it's a non-starter.

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Cianostays wrote: It's based on Byrne's prowess in the air. It'd make our cross field kick a pronounced threat and force the Scarlets defence to cover it (potentially leaving space elsewhere). He did serious damage to their defence last season. He needs a big improvement from the Zebre game though. If there is no improvement, it's a non-starter.

He also did serious damage to our defence unfortunately.

Even if Lowe is out I can't see Byrne being in our 23 for Scarlets.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

wixfjord wrote:
Cianostays wrote: It's based on Byrne's prowess in the air. It'd make our cross field kick a pronounced threat and force the Scarlets defence to cover it (potentially leaving space elsewhere). He did serious damage to their defence last season. He needs a big improvement from the Zebre game though. If there is no improvement, it's a non-starter.

He also did serious damage to our defence unfortunately.

Even if Lowe is out I can't see Byrne being in our 23 for Scarlets.
Agreed, he looked incredibly lethargic against Zebre too.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Welsh Newspaper all the way. Perhaps Byrne at 23.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:Welsh Newspaper all the way. Perhaps Byrne at 23.
Took a minute but worth the effort. Haha
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Can some mod please change the name of this thread to Leinster vs Treviso?
I am aware that their sponsor finally insisted on the name change (40 years after taking financial responsibility for the team) but even the meeja are still referring to the team by its actual name, the town where it was founded and represents: Treviso.
It is bad enough we aren't allowed called stadiums by their names any more, but a town rugby club with a long history is in a far other league.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

curates_egg wrote:Can some mod please change the name of this thread to Leinster vs Treviso?
I am aware that their sponsor finally insisted on the name change (40 years after taking financial responsibility for the team) but even the meeja are still referring to the team by its actual name, the town where it was founded and represents: Treviso.
It is bad enough we aren't allowed called stadiums by their names any more, but a town rugby club with a long history is in a far other league.
My google calendar tells me we are playing "Benetton Rugby".
Daniel Sullivan
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Peg Leg wrote:
curates_egg wrote:Can some mod please change the name of this thread to Leinster vs Treviso?
My Outlook calendar tells me it is INM Rugby vs Benetton Rugby.

Google's review of news articles reassuringly tells me Leinster is playing Treviso: https://www.google.be/search?q=treviso+ ... 20&bih=969
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

curates_egg wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Why does Google sponsor your calendar?
Well, they do it as part of an immersive personalised digital platform based on the provision of my personal data for their own use and revenue generation.
Daniel Sullivan
outcast eddie
Mullet

Re: Leinster Vs Treviso AKA Benetton Rugby Sat 19.35 TG4

Post by outcast eddie »

Jeez, some people! :wink:
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Very sneaky
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Leinster have won 4 games more than Treviso in the league this season.
With 2 games to go they still have a mathmatical chance of making the knockouts and the Heino.
If they were Conf A they'd be in that position now.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Jordan Larmour (16)
14. Fergus McFadden (167)
13. Rory O’Loughlin (39)
12. Noel Reid (98)
11. Barry Daly (24)
10. Joey Carbery (32)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (47)