A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

suisse
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Llanelli European semi

Post by suisse »

lotmc wrote:
desperado wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... mpions-cup

1 Scarlets supporter = 10 of ours; so Pvivac contends.

This has got personal! Pivac has just insulted Leinster supporters. We owe these RWC 2023 backstabbing muppets a good hiding. Bring it on!
I know you're probably joking with the "insulted" part (at least, I hope) but Pivac is right. It won't be a "cauldron" on Saturday, like the Man City bus visiting Anfield or teams traveling to Istanbul to play a CL game. They went and won a final, convincingly, in front of 50,000 of the Best Fans In The World (c) last season. However, he's probably talking out of his arse about Scarlets fans aswell.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

O'Brien is out, all the photos of Luke McGrath on Sportsfile look as if he won't make it.

Lancaster was very adiment yesterday that Robbie is in the best condition he's ever been in, so can see him starting.

9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. Ica
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. McFadden
15. Kearney

Then Larmour/Daly for the 23 shirt.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:O'Brien is out, all the photos of Luke McGrath on Sportsfile look as if he won't make it.
He's not in any photos I have seen. Going on the training tops theory, Conan could be starting!
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

curates_egg wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:O'Brien is out, all the photos of Luke McGrath on Sportsfile look as if he won't make it.
He's not in any photos I have seen. Going on the training tops theory, Conan could be starting!
Also going by the photos it looks like both our 10's were worried it might rain.

Speculation on limited data is almost an art form. I enjoy the discussion but am really looking forward to seeing the team named so I can start breaking down where the coaching staff with all the data may have got it wrong.
ScarletsFan
Beginner

Post by ScarletsFan »

fourthirtythree wrote:
ScarletsFan wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Competition, though because of what qualifies as a foreigner it may look like the French can have who they like. Saffas don't count (Kolpak countries) and residency rules are important also (why a Kiwi like Isa doesn't count) so basically it means recently arrived Aussies and Kiwis only.

Bookies rates are ridiculous, Pivac is right to be confident in the press. It's the right attitude for a game that could go either way.

I don't doubt the atmosphere will be outstanding. A big travelling contingent guarantees it.
Cheers for that. So how many allowed in the 23, did I see 2 players only?
Just the two so with McGrath (scrum half) injured we will be forced to play Gibson-Park and that means one of Lowe or Fardy dropping out. Were I you I'd probably prefer it was Fardy who was out so that makes me think it won't be him!

Also Isa won't be needed in the centre (apparantly but injury updates from Leinster are I think notoriously unreliable - it could turn out to be "a week too soon") so I guess he'll be on the wing with Henshaw and Ringrose combining for a rare start together.
That's good news from us one way or another.

Anyway, look forward to catching up with you guys again over a beer and hears hoping for an entertaining game.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Did I read somewhere that Scott Williams was carrying an injury ?
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Blue not red blood wrote:Did I read somewhere that Scott Williams was carrying an injury ?
That'll serve him right for shoulder barging BOD 4 years ago :lol:
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

lotmc wrote:

This has got personal! Pivac has just insulted Leinster supporters. We owe these RWC 2023 backstabbing muppets a good hiding. Bring it on!
was looking back on the RWC 2023 voting - a vote from Wales for their neighbours would have eliminated SA after the round vote 1. Very likely that we would have picked up most if not all of the SA votes in round 2 and would now be looking forward to hosting the 2023 RWC. Thanks Wales !!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Barry wrote:
lotmc wrote:

was looking back on the RWC 2023 voting - a vote from Wales for their neighbours would have eliminated SA after the round vote 1. Very likely that we would have picked up most if not all of the SA votes in round 2 and would now be looking forward to hosting the 2023 RWC. Thanks Wales !!
Totally irrelevant to Leinster and Scarlets (except that it might caused even more disruption to Leinster's season).
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Scarlets fans forum suggests we’ll see

10. Jones
15. Patchell
14.1/2penny
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

bluemagic wrote:Scarlets fans forum suggests we’ll see

10. Jones
15. Patchell
14.1/2penny
Why would they go that route? Are they short on wingers?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeinsterLeader wrote:

10. Jones
15. Patchell
14.1/2penny
Good ones, yes. They’ve lost McNicholl, Prydie and Asquith to injury. Options would seem to be Varndell or someone very inexperienced or the option above.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

cormac wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:

10. Jones
15. Patchell
14.1/2penny
Good ones, yes. They’ve lost McNicholl, Prydie and Asquith to injury. Options would seem to be Varndell or someone very inexperienced or the option above.
Okay. Cheers Cormac.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd be quite happy if they went with that.

While Jones is a good talent he can be a wee bit flaky under pressure. Plus Patchell's playmaking is hugely important to them and he'll be less effective from full back.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ROC on OTB reckons McGrath will make it, Isa and Lowe on the wings and Conan won't.

Can't see any of that happening personally.

We shall see.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote:ROC on OTB reckons McGrath will make it, Isa and Lowe on the wings and Conan won't.

We shall see.
Well the only good thing about all this Wixfjord is that if we have no idea what the teams going to be, Scarlets won't have a clue for sure :D
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
wixfjord wrote:ROC on OTB reckons McGrath will make it, Isa and Lowe on the wings and Conan won't.

We shall see.
Well the only good thing about all this Wixfjord is that if we have no idea what the teams going to be, Scarlets won't have a clue for sure :D
Would be amazed if McGrath makes it. Isa and Ferg on wings with Conan starting and Henshaw and Ringrose in the centre.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

artaneboy wrote:
wixfjord wrote:How anyone could say JGP is a better bet than even a three quarter fit McGrath at this stage is beyond me!
He has been dire in the last two games.
It’s not even a question. Mcgrath’s fitness is very important to us on Sat.

And if it’s an ‘up the jumper’ game you want to play, then it’s not JGP you’d pick for that.
I think it was very evident that McGrath was poor against Saracens; do you deny that?

JGP was fine against Zebre and on a par with the rest of a poor team display against Treviso. He gets blamed here on the sinking of the Titanic. The proposition that he was to blame for all poor performances where he appears (invariably with the second or third string) is getting tiresome.

JGP is more than capable of playing several styles. Getting quick and accurate ball to the 10 being one prerequisite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One bad pass aside, McGrath was fine against Saracens
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

paddyor wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
wixfjord wrote:How anyone could say JGP is a better bet than even a three quarter fit McGrath at this stage is beyond me!
He has been dire in the last two games.
It’s not even a question. Mcgrath’s fitness is very important to us on Sat.

And if it’s an ‘up the jumper’ game you want to play, then it’s not JGP you’d pick for that.
I think it was very evident that McGrath was poor against Saracens; do you deny that?

JGP was fine against Zebre and on a par with the rest of a poor team display against Treviso. He gets blamed here on the sinking of the Titanic. The proposition that he was to blame for all poor performances where he appears (invariably with the second or third string) is getting tiresome.

JGP is more than capable of playing several styles. Getting quick and accurate ball to the 10 being one prerequisite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One bad pass aside, McGrath was fine against Saracens
indo reporting that McGrath is out

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

officially worried now..