A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Leinster v Llanelli European semi

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Let's hope it is just a lucky omen.

Before Leinster played Saracens in the quarter-final they warmed up with their worst performance of the season away to Ospreys. Last week they warmed up to play Scarlets in the semi-final with an even worse performance. Credit to Benetton, we said they were no longer anyone's mugs and they thoroughly deserved their win. They were smart, physical and well organised in defence but when they had the chance they played some good rugby too. Leinster's performance was marked by arrogance and complacency as they just seemed to think they had to turn up to win. Leinster's starting team is vastly different to the one that started last weekend but it's a great lesson to the squad to not take anything for granted.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Just goes to show where the league is now - possibly the most mouthwatering match up that could be hoped for.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Day before a Euro semi and no posts on this forum for 2 hours? Jaysus. I just posted this to see if the server was down.
Wasn't like this in 09
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

johng wrote:Day before a Euro semi and no posts on this forum for 2 hours? Jaysus. I just posted this to see if the server was down.
Wasn't like this in 09
That's what happens when you get (rare) Friday sunshine!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

A quiet confidence perhaps?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

johng wrote:Day before a Euro semi and no posts on this forum for 2 hours? Jaysus. I just posted this to see if the server was down.
Wasn't like this in 09
I'm too feckin nervous to post...... If that's any good to ye :shock:

I'm afraid I'll jinx something!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Dave Cahill wrote:One day I'll be right I tells ya!
Yep and JohnG's prediction about Cardiff winning the league will happen too!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Wasn't like this in 09
The memories of last year's horror show against these red devils in the RDS has me nervous. I imagine I'm not the only one.....
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Wasn't like this in 09
I mostly just lurk these days; better contributors and all that, but I'll add me tuppence ha'penny with some rabble rousing words.

Arise! Arise, supporters of Leinster! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a BLUE day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!

Succinctly

Believe
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

RoboProp wrote:
Wasn't like this in 09
I mostly just lurk these days; better contributors and all that, but I'll add me tuppence ha'penny with some rabble rousing words.

Arise! Arise, supporters of Leinster! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a BLUE day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!

Succinctly

Believe
+1
Flying wedge
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

RoboProp wrote:
Wasn't like this in 09

Succinctly

Believe

Be Seen Be Heard Be Blue BELIEVE
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Is it kick off time yet? How about now? Now? How about now?

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The usual stuff from Leo and Sexton, but one line stood out to me, Leo said 'they defend with a lot of players in the front line'.

I wonder might we see a few kicks or chips in behind to take some of the speed off that defence and test Patchell positionally.

Both Leo and Stu have mentioned that they're 'very organised defensively' this week too. Hopefully we see a lot of variety to break that up.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Bookies are right. This will be a +11 or more stroll in the sun.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Good luck for tomorrow chaps.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

What do people think the impact of having Poite as the referee will have on the match? I expect that there will be a lot of dialogue between Sexton and Poite.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Angelsea Angst wrote:What do people think the impact of having Poite as the referee will have on the match? I expect that there will be a lot of dialogue between Sexton and Poite.
He does love a good scrum. If you get the early calls, more likely to get 50/50 shouts later in game.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Angelsea Angst wrote:What do people think the impact of having Poite as the referee will have on the match? I expect that there will be a lot of dialogue between Sexton and Poite.
likes a good scrum; not too sharp on offside line though, and allows mayhem at the breakdown - which will potentially play into Scarlets hands more than ours. The championship minutes - before and after half time; will be key. We were good v Sarries in those periods. COYBIB!!!!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Apart from last year's semi-final, my abiding memory of Scarlets is the 2008 match in the RDS where they handed out the mother of hammerings to a young Leinster team, many of whom were near untouchables for Cheika after that. It was one of the matches that shaped Cheika's fury at our acceptance of defeat. That match was used as a rod to beat the team with for some time I believe. It was certainly chastening to watch.

Our current coaching structure is a bit more measured than that I think. This is also a better group of players I believe. What I'm suggesting is that I think we are more focused on what we can do rather than reacting to the opposition. If so we should relish the favourite's tag rather than seek underdog status.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Commentry on Newstalk tomorrow.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!