Leinster v Llanelli European semi

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

enby
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Llanelli European semi

Post by enby »

wixfjord wrote:Watch Henshaw's decoy run for the first try. Fantastic.

No idea how a guy who looked in so much pain 6 weeks ago can come back sharper than ever. He's a machine.
Noticeable in first 10 that Scarlets ball carriers targeted his right shoulder..........they didn't try that tactic after that!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Peg Leg wrote:The following threads can be locked based on the evidence provided yesterday:
Ronk: Possible golden generation.
Mildlyinterested: Does Leinster have a Lineout Problem
:-)
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Despite the slaughter, we will of course be quite content to make changes for the final against Racing as we do all season. We have the squad to keep progressing. On that basis Luke and Lowe should start if Luke is fit.
A16
Learner

Leinster v Llanelli European semi

Post by A16 »

A few people have highlighted a couple of points already about it, but Henshaw was really brilliant yesterday, he reminded me just how good he is. He runs such good lines with huge pace which helped us creep towards their line. And the physicality he brings to every defensive hit he makes is pretty clear from the body language of the Scarlets’ players. No one wanted to be tackled by him. And all that after nearly 3 moths without a single minute of game time.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Racing it is.

They look impressive but I reckon our forwards will be far more capable of dealing with their momentum.

Machenaud is a big danger man. Cracking player, as is Thomas.

I do reckon that we'll target Vakatawa positionally though and try to make him make a few defensive decisions.

Andreu can be targeted in the air too.
ScarletsFan
Beginner

Post by ScarletsFan »

Just wanted to come on here to congratulate Leinster for an amazing performance. I think your team would have beaten most international sides with that sort of performance.

Really enjoyed my 4th visit to your lovely city and great people. Cheers
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

ScarletsFan wrote:Just wanted to come on here to congratulate Leinster for an amazing performance. I think your team would have beaten most international sides with that sort of performance.

thanks for the thoughts Scarlets Fan. Yesterday was a brave performance by the Scarlets who kept going right up to the end - you'll miss Beirne next year for sure.
ScarletsFan
Beginner

Post by ScarletsFan »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
ScarletsFan wrote:Just wanted to come on here to congratulate Leinster for an amazing performance. I think your team would have beaten most international sides with that sort of performance.

thanks for the thoughts Scarlets Fan. Yesterday was a brave performance by the Scarlets who kept going right up to the end - you'll miss Beirne next year for sure.
Yes. Definitely. Hope he gets in the Irish squad and fulfils his ambitions.

I did hear there were a couple of idiot Scarlets fans. My apologies if any of you happened to stumble across them. They certainly don't represent the majority of us.

Hopefully we will get some form back and you never know, could be another trip to Dublin in May for the rematch.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Shackalula wrote:Well done from a Scarlets supporter and no Scarlets supporter can deny you deserved the win. We’re all praising you. Great place and great supporters.

See you in the PRO14 Final.
Cheers Brother - and right back at you on the Supporters front....met a bunch of you lot yesterday and solid / decent folk all round. Pro 14 final challenge accepted!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Nice one, dude. You guys did a serious job on us last year. Maybe gave us the boot up the proverbials we needed. Gracious in defeat too this time around. Kudos to Wayne Pivac and Ken Owens. Keep playing the Scarlets way - ye've got more admirers, than ye think!!!
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Oldschool wrote:
wixfjord wrote:What a performance. Most complete Leinster side I think I've ever seen. The forwards really took them apart. Was James Davies even playing?

Leavy's ability to make yards from the base of the ruck is brilliant, and Fardy could turn out to be another Rocky.

JGP was fantastic. Kept things simple, kicked well and put speed on the game when it was needed. He almost seems to play better in bigger games (this, Munster at Xmas, Montpellier).

Hope Ferg is alright, bar the drop he had a brilliant game.
F
ardy is a more valuable player than Rocky.
Rocky was a great man for the big plays but played in bursts.
He just didn't have the stamina for the 80 mins.
Fardy keeps it at high level for 80 mins and comes up with the big plays also.
Geez - thats a big statement....whilst its tough to compare past "generations"...Rocky's contribution was immense - yes he wasn't the best trainer, etc,
but there were games where he put paid to the old adage of one swallow not making a summer.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

Some incredible sour grapes in the twittersphere:
Might be controversial but so far my experience is that Leinster fans are the most arrogant set of rugby fans I’ve come across, and we’ve played Leicester twice in semis and the Os every season!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Icarus wrote:Some incredible sour grapes in the twittersphere:
Might be controversial but so far my experience is that Leinster fans are the most arrogant set of rugby fans I’ve come across, and we’ve played Leicester twice in semis and the Os every season!
not the first place I'd go to look for honest and adult feedback tbh
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The more that performance on Saturday is reviewed, the greater the realization of the superb job Management did in getting the entire Group to the perfect pitch on the right day. That's not to say that it can always be planned like that. The contrast with last year in both Lyon and against Scarlets was stark and the direct comparison was with how off-key were Munster yesterday.

At this point, default pessimism kicks in and with it a recognition that Racing present many threats and it will be necessary to play the full 80 and take every chance against a team who, may not be able to play a full game at top speed, but have many scoring weapons across their Squad.

A great challenge still to be faced and nothing guaranteed without another on-song performance.
Shackalula
Beginner

Post by Shackalula »

ScarletsFan wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

Yes. Definitely. Hope he gets in the Irish squad and fulfils his ambitions.

I did hear there were a couple of idiot Scarlets fans. My apologies if any of you happened to stumble across them. They certainly don't represent the majority of us.

Hopefully we will get some form back and you never know, could be another trip to Dublin in May for the rematch.
Im a Scarlets fan too. Were you one of those on Twitter making a big issue out of one or two supporters?
ScarletsFan
Beginner

Post by ScarletsFan »

Im a Scarlets fan too. Were you one of those on Twitter making a big issue out of one or two supporters?[/quote]

No pal. Not me. Try to keep personal opinions off Twitter as it can start arguments over nothing at times. Haven't really seen anything on Twitter though about what I saw. Good to see the majority of Scarlets supporters self policing.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Shackalula wrote:Im a Scarlets fan too. Were you one of those on Twitter making a big issue out of one or two supporters?
I sense this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

ScarletsFan wrote:Im a Scarlets fan too. Were you one of those on Twitter making a big issue out of one or two supporters?
One of our fans once stole a pen from a Munster fan, so we can totally relate to how you're feeling. We tried to tell them that in any group of several thousand people, you'll find a cross section of society, but to no avail.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

He was the bad apple that infected the barrel though, since then we've all been dirty pen stealers. Not a biro to be had in limerick the week after the quill rustlers annual raid.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That story never made sense to me, why would a Munster fan have had a pen when they're all illiterate?