Where we are as supporters these days ?.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Where we are as supporters these days ?.

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Well for those of you looking to make a difference. Here's your opportunity.........

"Its never just 15 v 15 - Be there at 2pm!
We're calling all Leinster fans to welcome the team bus to the Aviva Stadium on Saturday as the squad arrive at the ground.

The team will arrive via Lansdowne Road and enter the stadium via the South East tunnel (beside Elvery's) at 2.00pm. Please come down and show your support for the squad as they enter the ground for another huge day in the Aviva!

Join the Roar,

Leinster Rugby
"
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Also it would be best if people come dressed in blue
Shackalula
Beginner

Post by Shackalula »

So you have a choice of two chants and a song no one carries on singing.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

scrum25 wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
suisse wrote:Often people engage in a wave because they're bored of the atmosphere around them. The wave is seen as exciting because in the vast majority of rugby games, people are seated. For the causal fan, that might not be too exciting. The biggest issue with atmosphere at Leinster games is it is very localised. If you're in the terrace, it can be great fun. But the entire stadium isn't working together to create noise like you see at football games. The song playlist isn't really exciting either. Leinsterrrr Leinsterrrrrr Leinsterrrr, come~~on~~you~~boys in blue and Allez les blues Allez les blues. Obviously I love going to watch Leinster play, and sadly I see them very infrequently now. But my memory of the stands is of (1) kids running up and down the temporary steps. This creates noise but it isn't atmosphere (2) men and women in Leinster apparel who often sit for 80 mins with their arms folded (3) people who like to "wave your flag" which brings a little colour, but again, it isn't really atmosphere. There'll then be spontaneous bursts of Leinsterrrr, Leinsterrrrr, Leinsterrrrrr when the team is defending close to their line or attacking the opposition line. The pumped in music after a score is so bland and generic as well. It lowers the atmosphere and brings Leinster games down to same level as most other sports. Ireland has a wonderful reputation for song, music and dance globally. As a result, imho, it is disappointing to think we lower to duh duh did did duy du did du dub or whatever that noise is after a kick at goal. The best thing about big Leinster and Ireland games is there's a beautiful sense of occasion. The buzz around Dublin 4 before the game. Opposition fans are in town and there's plenty of beers consumed. It's a good time, especially in a warmer weather. You can sense a really big game is on. Then the referee blows his whistle to start the game and people sit down and watch. That's fine. That's a Leinster game. But there will always be people who want an alternative form of entertainment in the stands. It doesn't make them any less of a fan.
I've given up trying and failing to get Molly Malone going - used to be sung at Leinster and Ireland matches I went to up until the mid-90s at least.
Of the current songs, the only one that gets any traction is "Leinsterrrr, Leinsterrrrr".
You don't have to be a musical genius to realise that come you boys in (insert colour here) isn't ideally suited to a football chant.
Allez les bleus, which was very amusing when I first heard it in '06, is better for chanting but it really seems to have never caught on - it always gets sung at away games, but I never hear it when I attend the home games.
IMHO, the best chants include something loud with almost no melody, combined with clapping.
Very difficult to invent new chants and get them taken up by a large group - particularly 50000 punters in Landsdowne Road, with a PA intervening.
“Leinster Leinster” works really well in defence or attack close to the goal line.

“Come on you boys in blue” works really well at a break in play for an injury or before a scrum

“Molly” tends to only work if you just sing the chorus followed by Leinster Leinster
Is it me or does 'Molly' only get an airing when the opposition is getting well and truly Leinstered? It's almost a victory song.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

outcast eddie wrote:
Is it me or does 'Molly' only get an airing when the opposition is getting well and truly Leinstered? It's almost a victory song.
Not just you - have often thought that myself. To the extend that I sometimes find myself thinking "too early, games not won yet" when I hear it! :oops:
A proud Winsome Fluter
scarletlion
Beginner

Post by scarletlion »

wixfjord wrote:There's bound to be more excitement amongst a smaller, hardcore group of Scarlets fans for their first semi final trip away in Europe.
:lol: :lol:

When did you start watching rugby?
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

First overseas away semi
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Suggestion and I know it's short notice.
The AVIVA is a lot bigger than the RDS, I reckon Leo the Lion could do with a Partner or a Cub on the opposite side of the pitch to help him out on Saturday.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Oldschool wrote:Suggestion and I know it's short notice.
The AVIVA is a lot bigger than the RDS, I reckon Leo the Lion could do with a Partner or a Cub on the opposite side of the pitch to help him out on Saturday.
Time to get Leona back out of the lions den?
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

scarletlion wrote:
wixfjord wrote:There's bound to be more excitement amongst a smaller, hardcore group of Scarlets fans for their first semi final trip away in Europe.

Correct me if I'm wrong now, but I don't believe Scarlets have played a semi outside the UK in Europe?
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Well, I for one had no memory of Scarlets managing to get to a semi final 12 years ago just to get hammered by Leicester. Does that mean that I didn't watch rugby then? Good to know. I just thought it meant I couldn't give a flying f%~k about some random match between teams I don't ever think about.

How typically Welsh to think people care about the black and white footage of them playing well.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

wixfjord wrote:
scarletlion wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong now, but I don't believe Scarlets have played a semi outside the UK in Europe?
based on how often Welsh people use the phrase "British Lions", suspect that very few of them are aware that this Saturday's game is outside the UK.
Shackalula
Beginner

Post by Shackalula »

Oldschool wrote:Suggestion and I know it's short notice.
So you need a man dressed up to motivate you to support your team?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Judging from the Scarlets forum and their local media I reckon the North Stand should have a unique atmosphere on Saturday can’t wait !. ASM were the last really passionate group of fans to pay us a visit in this competition I wonder will the Scarlets fans be able to raise the bar ?. (Clermonts noise and colour in their final in Dublin is a memory that will live long , shame about the result however !).
Flying wedge
welsh-1

Post by welsh-1 »

CiaranIrl wrote:Well, I for one had no memory of Scarlets managing to get to a semi final 12 years ago just to get hammered by Leicester. Does that mean that I didn't watch rugby then? Good to know. I just thought it meant I couldn't give a flying f%~k about some random match between teams I don't ever think about.

How typically Welsh to think people care about the black and white footage of them playing well.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Perfect day for a game !, no excuses !, let’s be havin you !.
Flying wedge
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

footrush wrote:Perfect day for a game !, no excuses !, let’s be havin you !.
Hope you saw a few dressed in Blue today, and most of them making plenty of noise
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Hope you saw a few dressed in Blue today, and most of them making plenty of noise
The Leinster fans were great today. Mind you it helped that the team were delivering such a great spectacle on the field.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Was in the North Stand among the Scarlets fans wanted wanted to see the the ground from their perspective got my ticket through their allocation they were and are amazing !. Interesting to see the Blue horse shoe in front looked lovely !.
Flying wedge