Semi Final ticket prices

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Flash Gordon » April 1st, 2019, 11:07 am

El Diablo wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
El Diablo wrote:Another semi final rip off to be expected. Last year I estimated a 40-45% premium between Lyon in 2017 and the Scarlets semi in the Aviva last year. I raised it with the branch and various people and it is impossible to get any justification. It is simply EPRC riding us and we happily cough up year after year. Remember last year the semi was not a sell out because of the prices....disgrace.


EPRC call so not much the branch aren't the decision makers. Personally I think the supporters clubs involved should write to the sponsors highlighting their displeasure that the fans are being ridden.

The branch officials don't care as they wont be paying for their tickets. I have emailed the OLSC this morning but I am not expecting any change this year. It will be harder to compare the 2 semis (sterling) but the message to us loyal Leinster fans will be the same; open your wallets, bend over and take it....and we will happily oblige.


Wouldn't say that they don't care, it's in their interests to get people watching a successful Leinster team. The season ticket window is open now and we will be expanding the stadium. I think it would be great for the OLSC to lobby the branch but particularly sponsors. Sponsors don't like it when supporters are discontented.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
User avatar
Flash Gordon
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 10029
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Location: Up the orse of the tag bunny

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Edna Kenny » April 1st, 2019, 11:09 am

El Diablo wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
El Diablo wrote:Another semi final rip off to be expected. Last year I estimated a 40-45% premium between Lyon in 2017 and the Scarlets semi in the Aviva last year. I raised it with the branch and various people and it is impossible to get any justification. It is simply EPRC riding us and we happily cough up year after year. Remember last year the semi was not a sell out because of the prices....disgrace.


EPRC call so not much the branch aren't the decision makers. Personally I think the supporters clubs involved should write to the sponsors highlighting their displeasure that the fans are being ridden.

The branch officials don't care as they wont be paying for their tickets. I have emailed the OLSC this morning but I am not expecting any change this year. It will be harder to compare the 2 semis (sterling) but the message to us loyal Leinster fans will be the same; open your wallets, bend over and take it....and we will happily oblige.


This thread gave me a fright, thought it was selling out already before I checked the dates! The EPCR have to pay quite a bit to rent the Aviva (is it €1m?) so I expect that has to be factored in to the ticket price.On the positive side, we get a home country semi final in our almost home stadium, and there is less travel involved for most supporters. I'd happily pay over the odds for a home semi final every year!
Edna Kenny
Graduate
 
Posts: 622
Joined: May 18th, 2007, 9:54 am

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby El Diablo » April 1st, 2019, 1:31 pm

Edna Kenny wrote:The EPCR have to pay quite a bit to rent the Aviva (is it €1m?) so I expect that has to be factored in to the ticket price.............................. I'd happily pay over the odds for a home semi final every year!

What about the 1,000s of empty seats in the upper east & west last year vs Scarlets? There were gaps throughout the stadium. From a financial point of view the EPRC got the pricing wrong. Because no one complains they will probably jack it up even more this year. While diehard fans will pay any price, many fans have a limit, particularly if they normally bring kids, friends and family to the RDS or the regular Aviva games.
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby El Diablo » April 1st, 2019, 1:32 pm

El Diablo wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:The EPCR have to pay quite a bit to rent the Aviva (is it €1m?) so I expect that has to be factored in to the ticket price.............................. I'd happily pay over the odds for a home semi final every year!

What about the 1,000s of empty seats in the upper east & west last year vs Scarlets? There were gaps throughout the stadium. From a financial point of view the EPRC got the pricing wrong. Because no one complains they will probably jack it up even more this year. While diehard fans will pay any price, many fans have a limit, particularly if they normally bring kids, friends and family to the RDS or the regular Aviva games.
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby deco » April 1st, 2019, 1:39 pm

El Diablo wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:The EPCR have to pay quite a bit to rent the Aviva (is it €1m?) so I expect that has to be factored in to the ticket price.............................. I'd happily pay over the odds for a home semi final every year!

What about the 1,000s of empty seats in the upper east & west last year vs Scarlets? There were gaps throughout the stadium. From a financial point of view the EPRC got the pricing wrong. Because no one complains they will probably jack it up even more this year. While diehard fans will pay any price, many fans have a limit, particularly if they normally bring kids, friends and family to the RDS or the regular Aviva games.



Nowhere near a million to rent the stadium - isn't it normally about 15% of the gate?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
User avatar
deco
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Dundalk 1 » April 1st, 2019, 2:04 pm

El Diablo wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:The EPCR have to pay quite a bit to rent the Aviva (is it €1m?) so I expect that has to be factored in to the ticket price.............................. I'd happily pay over the odds for a home semi final every year!

What about the 1,000s of empty seats in the upper east & west last year vs Scarlets? There were gaps throughout the stadium. From a financial point of view the EPRC got the pricing wrong. Because no one complains they will probably jack it up even more this year. While diehard fans will pay any price, many fans have a limit, particularly if they normally bring kids, friends and family to the RDS or the regular Aviva games.


I paid 55 euros per seat including charges for South Lower for last years semi
This contrasts to 35 euro for this years quarter final
If I remember correctly there were no cheap child tickets and no discounted tickets

If this is duplicated the crowd will be the same as last year
For me it’s saving me a trip to Paris but for those who don’t travel and for those who bring kids if there are cheap seats it’s not seen as good value
Dundalk 1
Bookworm
 
Posts: 131
Joined: January 28th, 2014, 12:16 am

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Edna Kenny » April 1st, 2019, 2:40 pm

deco wrote:
El Diablo wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:The EPCR have to pay quite a bit to rent the Aviva (is it €1m?) so I expect that has to be factored in to the ticket price.............................. I'd happily pay over the odds for a home semi final every year!

What about the 1,000s of empty seats in the upper east & west last year vs Scarlets? There were gaps throughout the stadium. From a financial point of view the EPRC got the pricing wrong. Because no one complains they will probably jack it up even more this year. While diehard fans will pay any price, many fans have a limit, particularly if they normally bring kids, friends and family to the RDS or the regular Aviva games.



Nowhere near a million to rent the stadium - isn't it normally about 15% of the gate?


Just saw an article by Gerry Thornley stating it's €300k for renting the stadium. Attendance for last year's semi is listed as 48,455. There were loads of complaints last year so they may review it this time to get a proper sell out.
Edna Kenny
Graduate
 
Posts: 622
Joined: May 18th, 2007, 9:54 am

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Lar » April 1st, 2019, 3:17 pm

Three week turn around mitigates against semi-finals selling out.
Ulster had loads of fans at the 1/4 final because there was 10 weeks notice of the game and the journey was a couple of hours in a car or a train.
Toulouse fans are normally decent travellers but with three weeks notice and easter weekend in Dublin, I can't see them bringing a huge contingent.
Even for home fans the travel isn't an issue but the match being Easter week-end might be. Not for hardcore but the extras that aren't regular at the RDS may have made other plans for Easter.
All these factors mean a sell-out is less likely regardless of the ticket prices.
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Flash Gordon » April 1st, 2019, 3:29 pm

Lar wrote:Three week turn around mitigates against semi-finals selling out.
Ulster had loads of fans at the 1/4 final because there was 10 weeks notice of the game and the journey was a couple of hours in a car or a train.
Toulouse fans are normally decent travellers but with three weeks notice and easter weekend in Dublin, I can't see them bringing a huge contingent.
Even for home fans the travel isn't an issue but the match being Easter week-end might be. Not for hardcore but the extras that aren't regular at the RDS may have made other plans for Easter.
All these factors mean a sell-out is less likely regardless of the ticket prices.


Very small amount travelled for their last semi-final here. I'd say they might bring 1000. I think there should be enough interest to get close to a sell out (as it was last time we had a semi against them). Family packages might help if they do them. If a ticket is 50 quid, 200 quid is pretty steep for day tripping family.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
User avatar
Flash Gordon
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 10029
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Location: Up the orse of the tag bunny

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Ruckedtobits » April 1st, 2019, 4:22 pm

Check Ryanair and Aer Lingus websites for cost of flights fromanywhere in South of France to Dublin from Holy Thursday till Easter Sunday. That will give you an idea why Toulouse will be lucky to have 1,500 supporters in Dublin on Easter Sunday.

We've done a quick calculation and believe that any Toulouse fan travelling will face:

Travel flights (return): €400
Hotel (2 nights): €350
Match Ticket: €60
Food, taxis etc: €150

Total: €960

Very few will get by on less than €1,000. For a team going so well in the Top14, that's a very expensive weekend for a game.
Ruckedtobits
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby blockhead » April 1st, 2019, 4:43 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:Check Ryanair and Aer Lingus websites for cost of flights fromanywhere in South of France to Dublin from Holy Thursday till Easter Sunday. That will give you an idea why Toulouse will be lucky to have 1,500 supporters in Dublin on Easter Sunday.

We've done a quick calculation and believe that any Toulouse fan travelling will face:

Travel flights (return): €400
Hotel (2 nights): €350
Match Ticket: €60
Food, taxis etc: €150

Total: €960

Very few will get by on less than €1,000. For a team going so well in the Top14, that's a very expensive weekend for a game.


Good research RTB, but you forgot about booze!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5729
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby El Diablo » April 1st, 2019, 4:48 pm

.
Last edited by El Diablo on April 1st, 2019, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby El Diablo » April 1st, 2019, 4:52 pm

Edna Kenny wrote:
deco wrote:[


Nowhere near a million to rent the stadium - isn't it normally about 15% of the gate?


Just saw an article by Gerry Thornley stating it's €300k for renting the stadium. Attendance for last year's semi is listed as 48,455. There were loads of complaints last year so they may review it this time to get a proper sell out.


That negates the argument that the cost of the Aviva is the reason for the higher prices. The 4,000 or 5,000 unsold seats alone last year (it didnt look like over 48,000) would have covered the cost of the stadium rent. So if renting the stadium isnt it, the only reason the EPRC get away with the 30-40% premium for Dublin semi finals is the fact that the branch dont give a toss and the fans dont complain......in my humble opinion.
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby blockhead » April 1st, 2019, 4:52 pm

So how much money did Leinster make out of saturday's game?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5729
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby cormac » April 1st, 2019, 4:54 pm

blockhead wrote:So how much money did Leinster make out of saturday's game?


€240,000,000
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5656
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Edna Kenny » April 1st, 2019, 5:25 pm

El Diablo wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:
deco wrote:[


Nowhere near a million to rent the stadium - isn't it normally about 15% of the gate?


Just saw an article by Gerry Thornley stating it's €300k for renting the stadium. Attendance for last year's semi is listed as 48,455. There were loads of complaints last year so they may review it this time to get a proper sell out.


That negates the argument that the cost of the Aviva is the reason for the higher prices. The 4,000 or 5,000 unsold seats alone last year (it didnt look like over 48,000) would have covered the cost of the stadium rent. So if renting the stadium isnt it, the only reason the EPRC get away with the 30-40% premium for Dublin semi finals is the fact that the branch dont give a toss and the fans dont complain......in my humble opinion.


The 4000-5000 empty seats were likely people at the bar at any given time, which seems to be the new norm at the Aviva.
I would say that in general, the cost of putting on a match in Dublin, stadium rent, policing etc, would be more expensive than it would be in France, so it likely would have some bearing on ticket prices.
Edna Kenny
Graduate
 
Posts: 622
Joined: May 18th, 2007, 9:54 am

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Grumpy Old Man » April 1st, 2019, 5:52 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:Check Ryanair and Aer Lingus websites for cost of flights fromanywhere in South of France to Dublin from Holy Thursday till Easter Sunday. That will give you an idea why Toulouse will be lucky to have 1,500 supporters in Dublin on Easter Sunday.

We've done a quick calculation and believe that any Toulouse fan travelling will face:

Travel flights (return): €400
Hotel (2 nights): €350
Match Ticket: €60
Food, taxis etc: €150

Total: €960

Very few will get by on less than €1,000. For a team going so well in the Top14, that's a very expensive weekend for a game.


And if we were going to Paris?
A proud Winsome Fluter
User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 6618
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 4:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby El Diablo » April 1st, 2019, 6:26 pm

Edna Kenny wrote:
The 4000-5000 empty seats were likely people at the bar at any given time, which seems to be the new norm at the Aviva.
I would say that in general, the cost of putting on a match in Dublin, stadium rent, policing etc, would be more expensive than it would be in France, so it likely would have some bearing on ticket prices.

Dont be daft. It was widely publicised that there were 5,000 unsold tickets last year. The issue is the price of EPRC events in Dublin compared to other cities. IThere is no evidence that the cost of event organising is more expensive in Dublin. Are you saying that EPRC are not gouging Leinster fans?
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Grubber » April 1st, 2019, 6:41 pm

El Diablo wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:
The 4000-5000 empty seats were likely people at the bar at any given time, which seems to be the new norm at the Aviva.
I would say that in general, the cost of putting on a match in Dublin, stadium rent, policing etc, would be more expensive than it would be in France, so it likely would have some bearing on ticket prices.

Dont be daft. It was widely publicised that there were 5,000 unsold tickets last year. The issue is the price of EPRC events in Dublin compared to other cities. IThere is no evidence that the cost of event organising is more expensive in Dublin. Are you saying that EPRC are not gouging Leinster fans?


Not only that, policing doesn't even come into it. The income to the area is astronomical! It was very well publicized that its didnt sell out. If they can hold a game at 30 - 40 % cheaper for fans one week, what the hell changes 3 weeks later? Its a complete disgrace.
User avatar
Grubber
Beginner
 
Posts: 41
Joined: December 30th, 2018, 7:55 am
Location: Ontario/Dublin

Re: Semi Final ticket prices

Postby Dexter » April 3rd, 2019, 2:16 pm

From the EPCR website, for the other semi in Coventry:

Here are the current details of ticket sales for the Heineken Champions Cup semi-final between Saracens and Munster Rugby on Saturday, 20 April at the Ricoh Arena.

Ticket prices

Premium £ 65
Category 1 £ 60
Category 2 £ 50
Category 3 £ 40
Category 4 £ 28
Category 5 £ 20

Limit of 8 tickets per transaction
Each booking is subject to a 10% booking fee

Saracens
Tickets on sale to season ticket holders from 10.00am today (Wednesday, 3 April).
For further information, please visit http://www.saracens.com

Munster Rugby
Tickets will be distributed among the Munster Rugby clubs, the Munster Rugby Supporters Club and 10-Year Ticket Holders from 9am today (Wednesday, 3 April).
For further information, please visit tickets@munsterrugby.ie

Ricoh Arena/ Wasps
Limited pre-sale to Ricoh Arena Members / Wasps Season Ticket Holders from 9.00am today (Wednesday, 3 April).
For further information, please visit http://www.ricoharena.com

Public Sale
Remaining tickets will be available on http://www.ricoharena.com from 9.00am on Tuesday, 9 April.
Dont Panic!
User avatar
Dexter
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2936
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 11:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests