A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Connacht vs. Leinster, 28/04/2018, 15.05 IST

Post by The Doc »

Dave Cahill wrote:
D4surfer wrote:
Keith wrote: He's been good overall though. Dangerous with the ball and some huge clearance kicks.
Three brainfarts led to three tries. I don’t fancy him against Teddy Thomas.
He was responsible for the intercept. For the last try he took his man, no one tracked the looping centre and the outside man fell off him.
Interesting debate coming up to the final... Who was the more effective... Lowe or JGP

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
riocard911 wrote:I've managed to get TG4 online but they're showing basketball. What's the story?
that is what they show when you are outside ireland iirc.
Gotcha. Thanks.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Atlas wrote:Jack McGrath and James Tracy's form have really fallen off a cliff recently and I'd be concerned if injuries occur and then have to start in Bilbao. The starting second rows offer very little but we knew that long before today. Timmins doesn't seem like any great loss based on today either.

Lowe was very poor in defence in the first half. Rushed up for the first try to get man and ball and failed leaving joey with a 2 on 1 and then the interept as well. Regardless of what he offers with the boot and in attack I'm not sure if he can be trusted in Bilbao. Joey had a day to forget with the restarts as well.

Thought Delahunt and Farrell were very good for them. Aki really came into it in the second half as well. A fitting send off for the bog warrior.
The exact same thing was said about Lowe before the Saracens game. The fact is Leinster play completely different in Europe and Lowe has done well there.
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

OTT wrote:Some dreadful lack of effort by most of the Leinster players. Lowe has done some shocking reads in defense but at least he tries to the end most of the others didn’t bother from the start. Doris has been decent since he came on.

Connacht celebrating like they have won the European Cup, sad to say they are back to the old Connacht raise your game for Leinster and get hosed most other weekends. Keane needs to sort them out they have had a shocking season and they are celebrating not coming last. Two years ago they won the bloody league.
It's all about John Muldoon for us, not beating Leinster.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

The Doc wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
D4surfer wrote:[quote="

Three brainfarts led to three tries. I don’t fancy him against Teddy Thomas.
He was responsible for the intercept. For the last try he took his man, no one tracked the looping centre and the outside man fell off him.
Interesting debate coming up to the final... Who was the more effective... Lowe or JGP

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
For the last try he took someone else’s man. Daly’s I think. JGP is much better than McCarthy but in my opinion Lowe is a luxury we can’t afford.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

If I was Leo or Stu, I'd walk straight to the team coach and turn to the lot of them and say "you f**ks can walk home!" Close doors, extend middle finger and drive
Atlas
Bookworm

Post by Atlas »

For people who know their history better than I, were any records broken today? I can't remember Connacht beating Leinster by that much before
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

At the risk of sounding uncharitable; have Leinster ever won a game Ross Moloney and Mick Kearney started in the 2nd row? For the life of me I can't remember one. That was like vs Treviso - only worse.....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The Doc wrote:Interesting debate coming up to the final... Who was the more effective... Lowe or JGP

I think they'll have to go with JGP either way this game notwithstanding. Luke is just back from injury and McCarthy, who I really think is a great prospect, just hasn't played well since Christmas.

With the exception of Conan, who I thought tried at least, the only final any of the starters today should be stripping for is the B&I Cup final
I have Bumbleflex
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Connacht vs. Leinster, 28/04/2018, 15.05 IST

Post by artaneboy »

Lowe made some mistakes but kept going. Jamie played well on a badly losing team. He’s playing well, but the choice for the ERCC final hasn’t really changed. Is Luke fit and in form? If so, he probably starts- and Lowe probably does too- because he offers so much going forward and in a stronger team the defensive weaknesses are more likely to be plastered over.

Except, my concern now is how affected Nick McCarthy is by his recent performances on big losses. He looks short of confidence and a long way from pushing either of the front two SH based on form. Would we be happy for him to come off the bench if Luke broke down after 20 minutes?
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Caelan Doris put in a decent shift.

The sight of the scrum being pulverised was a grim one. Has Tom Court managed to sneak on to the team?
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

enby wrote:Caelan Doris put in a decent shift.

He looked one of the best players on the pitch when he came on.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

If Connacht needed that win for a play-off or Euro place there would be calls for an inquiry.
Anyhow, well done Leinster on topping the conf and so a week off before the big one.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

That was absolute dross. Add the performances against Treviso and Ospreys and questions really need to be asked.
Those efforts are not acceptable and there have been too many of them. Being beaten is one thing but that was a whole different level of cr@p.
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

On the upside, it’s great that we secured first place in the conference with two games to spare
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Fair play to Connacht. From our perspective, recent Pro 14 games with our second/third string have shown that we have less depth than we think. There are a number of guys who aren't good enough, even at Pro 14 level.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Fair play to Connacht, great performance and delighted for Muldoon. We could do with an experienced niq 12 and a big tough second row for when the internationals are away as front 5 has been powder puff again today like against treviso and the midfield was like a turnstyle. Good luck in Bristol big John.
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

lummix wrote:Fair play to Connacht, great performance and delighted for Muldoon. We could do with an experienced niq 12 and a big tough second row for when the internationals are away as front 5 has been powder puff again today like against treviso and the midfield was like a turnstyle. Good luck in Bristol big John.
Don't we already have that second Row? Hopefully Fardy will be able to start more of the smaller games next year with a proper summer break. I'd hope COB could become that tough 12 as well.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

enby wrote:I feel very sorry for the poor unfortunate Leinster fans who paid their hard earned to travel down to witness this fiasco.

To quote a famous Connachtman: Where is your f*ckin pride?
John23 the second and I decided to travel. A Leinster fan at half-time ahead of me at the bar asked the barman if he sold train tickets back to Dublin. If he did I would've taken taken two there and then.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Let’s forget Bilbao, and let’s forget about topping the Conference, today’s performance was unacceptable.
It comes on the back of the Treviso performance and before that a shameful display at the Ospreys.

At the moment only 3 of our pack plus a rehabilitating Conan are up to that standard. And I would suggest Lowe is the only back who looked of the required standard.

If the players are happy to produce at that level more than once a season then they shouldn’t be professional rugby players. All this shite talk about players going to other provinces. We should hold onto what we develop because based on the last 4 Pro 14 matches we don’t have enough quality players.

Some of these games have seen us back as bad as in the MOC days and that is saying something

Not happy with what was served up today