Leinster Squad 18-19

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby ChrisUppy » May 24th, 2018, 2:46 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Definitely very fast, looks about 6ft, size isn't particularly impressive but won't be a problem either.


interesting move anyway, don't think the leinster academy should be signing non-leinster lads but obviously they've made an exception for this kid in a position of debatable quality.

On the face of it he looks a good player. Accelerated progression through to senior rugby and seemingly impressive try scoring rate at underage representitive.

As for why we would be signing him, who knows? Maybe the academy coaches don't fancy the other options coming down the track in his position, maybe the IRFU want him in the system ASAP and he'll only accept Leinster, maybe he decided to study in UCD, maybe he's too good to turn down, maybe all of the above
ChrisUppy
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 498
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby mildlyinterested » May 24th, 2018, 2:58 pm

ChrisUppy wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Definitely very fast, looks about 6ft, size isn't particularly impressive but won't be a problem either.


interesting move anyway, don't think the leinster academy should be signing non-leinster lads but obviously they've made an exception for this kid in a position of debatable quality.

On the face of it he looks a good player. Accelerated progression through to senior rugby and seemingly impressive try scoring rate at underage representitive.

As for why we would be signing him, who knows? Maybe the academy coaches don't fancy the other options coming down the track in his position, maybe the IRFU want him in the system ASAP and he'll only accept Leinster, maybe he decided to study in UCD, maybe he's too good to turn down, maybe all of the above


he must be a good player, as I said it's an interesting move in regards to the other back three underage players on the scene.
mildlyinterested
Mullet
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby neiliog93 » May 24th, 2018, 3:19 pm

I get the distinct impression (based on Sevens involvement, lack of senior game time and 'A' team selections) that the Leinster management are utterly unconvinced by Kennedy and Keenan, and somewhere in between on Jack Kelly.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby mildlyinterested » May 24th, 2018, 3:20 pm

neiliog93 wrote:I get the distinct impression (based on Sevens involvement, lack of senior game time and 'A' team selections) that the Leinster management are utterly unconvinced by Kennedy and Keenan, and somewhere in between on Jack Kelly.


Keenan/Kennedy are rumoured to be out of the academy due to 7's, wait and see.
mildlyinterested
Mullet
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby neiliog93 » May 24th, 2018, 3:26 pm

Heard that JOD might be coming to Leinster for next season after Heaslip's injury and Jordi leaving, as part of a deal where Carbery goes the other way (and they got Botha). Obviously nothing confirmed.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby leinsterforever » May 24th, 2018, 3:30 pm

neiliog93 wrote:Heard that JOD might be coming to Leinster for next season after Heaslip's injury and Jordi leaving, as part of a deal where Carbery goes the other way (and they got Botha). Obviously nothing confirmed.


Sorry, what?!
leinsterforever
Enlightened
 
Posts: 799
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 2:20 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby mildlyinterested » May 24th, 2018, 3:30 pm

neiliog93 wrote:Heard that JOD might be coming to Leinster for next season after Heaslip's injury and Jordi leaving, as part of a deal where Carbery goes the other way (and they got Botha). Obviously nothing confirmed.


didn't JOD just blow out his knee?

I can't see that being true.
mildlyinterested
Mullet
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby leinsterforever » May 24th, 2018, 3:36 pm

He's not an openside, and it would be much better to back Deegan and Doris at 8

Oliver's the guy who should be looking to leave, since van Graan obviously has him behind Cloete, O'Donnell and O'Donoghue. He should look for a move to whichever one of Leinster and Connacht Will Connor's isn't at next season.
leinsterforever
Enlightened
 
Posts: 799
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 2:20 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby wixfjord » May 25th, 2018, 10:02 am

Not a hope JOD is coming here. That would be a move that doesn't suit any part.

As said above, Oliver should be the guy we target.
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby COYBIB » May 26th, 2018, 12:28 pm

So I see this is sort of being discussed already, but the 3rd / 4th year academy players this season who have not been announced as having a senior contract are: Sean McNulty (hooker), Oisin Heffernan (prop - confirmed released), Jeremy Loughman (prop - has his move to Munster been made permanent?), Charlie Rock (scrum-half), Ian Fitzpatrick (wing).

Is it safe to assume all of those players are not going to be with Leinster next season?

The only slightly disappointing one is Rock, I had heard good things but can't say I recall ever seeing him play.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
User avatar
COYBIB
Enlightened
 
Posts: 901
Joined: February 27th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby COYBIB » May 26th, 2018, 12:38 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Heard that JOD might be coming to Leinster for next season after Heaslip's injury and Jordi leaving, as part of a deal where Carbery goes the other way (and they got Botha). Obviously nothing confirmed.


didn't JOD just blow out his knee?

I can't see that being true.


Plus we just promoted Dorris and Josh Murphy from the academy. I think there's enough quality to fill the holes in the first team (we won the European Cup without much / any Heaslip involvement) and we've got two quality players as succession planning. I don't think there's any room for O'Donoghue at Leinster and I'm not sure I'd even want him if he was offered to us no strings attached.

The only player in the entire Munster squad that's worth talking about as part of a switch to Leinster is Conor Murray, and that's obviously not going to happen.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
User avatar
COYBIB
Enlightened
 
Posts: 901
Joined: February 27th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby ronk » May 27th, 2018, 4:35 pm

After yesterday’s physicality from ROL, I feel better about our depth at centre. Hope he has a good year.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9119
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby mildlyinterested » May 27th, 2018, 4:59 pm

yeah he is clearly backup at both centre spots.
mildlyinterested
Mullet
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby Cianostays » May 27th, 2018, 5:29 pm

A very pleasent development. Very important for the last 2 games.
ronk wrote:After yesterday’s physicality from ROL, I feel better about our depth at centre. Hope he has a good year.


Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Cianostays
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm
Location: Blackrock/Croke Park

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby paddyor » May 29th, 2018, 6:58 pm

Tomane rumour now being reported by Kinsella. Waiting on a permit.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby ronk » June 12th, 2018, 3:14 pm

I think we're done for now. Would be surprised if we got someone else.

Frawley in line to get a few matches early in the season
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9119
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Postby CiaranIrl » June 12th, 2018, 6:16 pm

ronk wrote:I think we're done for now. Would be surprised if we got someone else.

Frawley in line to get a few matches early in the season


Will Connors the only open question that's left. We definitely need a backup openside. If not him, we have to go fishing for an IQ 7 from somewhere
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
User avatar
CiaranIrl
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3147
Joined: April 27th, 2009, 11:23 am
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Previous

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arsebiscuits1, colster, hugonaut and 13 guests