Leinster Squad 18-19

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster Squad 18-19

Post by mildlyinterested »

Dave Cahill wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Joe Tomane looking like the likely NIQ to come in for Nacewa.
Thats an interesting one.
Versatile outside back who can cover 11-14, also has samoan heritage so presumably a kolpak player. Presumably 12 will be his primary position.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

What is his passport status re Fardy/Park/Lowe?
10 tries for Montpellier, 25 for Brumbies, 5 for OZ.
Can cover centre and wing.
Edit: Thanks
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

blockhead wrote:What is his passport status re Fardy/Park/Lowe?
10 tries for Montpellier, 25 for Brumbies, 5 for OZ.
Can cover centre and wing.
Edit: Thanks
Can't imagine they'd sign someone who wasn't eligible under kolpak.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

17 caps for Australia which means he can't get called up. Looks like a handy signing.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:Joe Tomane looking like the likely NIQ to come in for Nacewa.
Where is this from? All I've seen is Joe.ie mention it in some random article, and then someone parrot it as gospel in a Journal.ie comment yesterday. Do you have any concrete information or are you just getting it from there?
Seems to be a bit of a 'purple monkey dishwasher' thing going on!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Wasn't he the one that was distraught in a post match interview after we hockeyed Montpellier at home last season. Think he apolagized for his teams performance.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

I'd take him. We really miss Henshaws power in mid field when he's not available, although Isa was not found wanting when he stepped in. Tomane would give us that midfield option all year round. Can also duke it out for the wing spots with McFadden, Larmour, Lowe etc. for the big games. Could be a very good option if he could add some experience/leadership as well (have no idea how he is in that regard though)
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote:
Where is this from? All I've seen is Joe.ie mention it in some random article, and then someone parrot it as gospel in a Journal.ie comment yesterday. Do you have any concrete information or are you just getting it from there?
more concrete than that obviously.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

blockhead wrote:Wasn't he the one that was distraught in a post match interview after we hockeyed Montpellier at home last season. Think he apolagized for his teams performance.
yeah believe so.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
more concrete than that obviously.
Hasn't been mentioned anywhere else in media, do you have some insider info?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If Tomane is the replacement, it's an interesting one. He seems to be more of a winger and 13 than 12 or 15, so not really a like for like for Isa. But at 28 he's still young and he's an excellent try scoring record. Haven't been massively impressed with him playing againgst us, but a test quality wing/13 isn't to be sniffed at. Fardy would have played with him a good bit too so they've obviously got some counsel from him. He'd be a good guy to give us some explosivity in the centre during Pro14 games that we missed this year with Reid/ROL.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Tomane played 12 against us this season.

So can play there.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Tomane would be a good signing, he's not world class but he's a worthy international level player. He hasn't played well against us but he was good for Australia. Samoan lineage so hopefully non-Kolpak.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

He's ex RL too, so I'd imagine he hits hard defensively. Say what you want about Te'o but since he left we've been lacking that in Pro14 games when Isa/Henshaw/Ringrose can't play.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

blockhead wrote:Wasn't he the one that was distraught in a post match interview after we hockeyed Montpellier at home last season. Think he apolagized for his teams performance.
That's him. Got properly run over by Conan in the game for one of Conans tries. But his attitude impressed me and he was devastated after the game. I remember watching the interview back at home and really feeling for the guy. He took that one hard. Which is a good thing, because as a foreign player he could easily have cared less. But it really mattered to him. That's something you want to see in an import.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I'd imagine leinster will be looking to slim him down, if they do bring him in.

listed at 115kg by Montpellier.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

If it's true it's being well kept under wrap - Googling "Joe Tomane Leinster" doesn't return any hits (whereas Gibbes talking to La Rochelle is everywhere).
One Twitter account (@RugbyGold) has rumoured that Toulon are looking to sign Tomane to replace Habana.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Laighin Break wrote:If it's true it's being well kept under wrap - Googling "Joe Tomane Leinster" doesn't return any hits (whereas Gibbes talking to La Rochelle is everywhere).
One Twitter account (@RugbyGold) has rumoured that Toulon are looking to sign Tomane to replace Habana.
That's why I'm querying Mildly's information. Do you have some inside info Mildly because there's very little concrete out there at the moment bar online comments and a poorly source Joe.ie piece?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:If it's true it's being well kept under wrap - Googling "Joe Tomane Leinster" doesn't return any hits (whereas Gibbes talking to La Rochelle is everywhere).
That's why I'm querying Mildly's information. Do you have some inside info Mildly because there's very little concrete out there at the moment bar online comments and a poorly source Joe.ie piece?
you can take it or leave it, if the info is wrong it's wrong, it very well could be.

Just like the Will Connors info.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's just from copied from someone on Planet Rugby, not inside info.