Will Connors

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Will Connors

Post by mildlyinterested »

Maybe he will and if he does fair play to him..

Shame from a Leinster POV, going to be scrambling for a 7 next season.

This is another reason why I think Leinster should have a bigger academy, if we had offered more backrowers places in recent times we may not be so stuck at 7 next season.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Apparently he signed a “pre-Contract” with Connacht which he was under the impression he would only be using if he couldn’t get a development contract from Leinster. When Leinster came to offer him a contract he went to sign it but Connacht kicked up a fuss and said he was contracted to them.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

bluemagic wrote:Apparently he signed a “pre-Contract” with Connacht which he was under the impression he would only be using if he couldn’t get a development contract from Leinster. When Leinster came to offer him a contract he went to sign it but Connacht kicked up a fuss and said he was contracted to them.
If that's the case he's been incredibly poorly advised.

Presumably he would have an agent no? They've royally f%~ked him over is this is true
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

bluemagic wrote:Apparently he signed a “pre-Contract” with Connacht which he was under the impression he would only be using if he couldn’t get a development contract from Leinster. When Leinster came to offer him a contract he went to sign it but Connacht kicked up a fuss and said he was contracted to them.
ah ffs.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

In that case it wouldn't be in Connachts interest to take an unhappy player I would have thought?

And maybe agreement could still be reached?
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
In that case it wouldn't be in Connachts interest to take an unhappy player I would have thought?

And maybe agreement could still be reached?
There may be a need to include a contracts module to the training for the academy and pre-academy. These guys need to be educated on what the contracts mean so they can protect their future and avoid this type of issue if it is true. Even if you have a good agent it helps to understand the process yourself as it is your future that could go down the river.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

How reliable is this info? not doubting it necessarily but if it's true it must have caught the magament team fairly off guard. I wouldn't imagine Timmins would be released if it was known Connors would be off.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

ChrisUppy wrote:How reliable is this info? not doubting it necessarily but if it's true it must have caught the magament team fairly off guard. I wouldn't imagine Timmins would be released if it was known Connors would be off.
Timmins was wanted but decided to pursue his education in the states afaik.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Connors to Connacht?! No way. WTF?? He would have got a load of gametime next season.

What's Oliver's contract status with Munster? He's obviously wasting his time down there when they won't pick him even with Cloete and O'Donnell injured.

Any of the lads like Max Kearney progressed enough to be third choice 7 next year?

Maybe we could pick up someone like a James Lentjes from NZ?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Heard Max Kearney was released from sub academy.

Oliver is contracted afaik.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Right.

Are they letting one of James Connolly or Paul Boyle go to bring in Connors?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

leinsterforever wrote:Right.

Are they letting one of James Connolly or Paul Boyle go to bring in Connors?
not that im aware of.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

So we only have SOB, Leavy and VDF that can play 7. I dont see Doris or Deegan as 7. We are over weight at 8/6.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

El Diablo wrote:So we only have SOB, Leavy and VDF that can play 7. I dont see Doris or Deegan as 7. We are over weight at 8/6.
I don't think we're overweight at 6/8 at all. We just need a 7 now because there's a very good chance none of our openside options will be available at times next season.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
ChrisUppy wrote:How reliable is this info? not doubting it necessarily but if it's true it must have caught the magament team fairly off guard. I wouldn't imagine Timmins would be released if it was known Connors would be off.
I heard that Timmins was hunted by some of the major colleges in the states including MIT and it wasn't for his footballing abilities.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

El Diablo wrote:So we only have SOB, Leavy and VDF that can play 7. I dont see Doris or Deegan as 7. We are over weight at 8/6.
i wouldnt say overweight at 6/8, just have the required depth..

if Connors goes we have no depth at 7.

maybe they try pigeon hole a backrow in there.. maybe Ruddock primarily plays 7 next season?

will have to get creative anyway.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
I heard that Timmins was hunted by some of the major colleges in the states including MIT and it wasn't for his footballing abilities.
I can guarentee you that was not the case

Some impressive chinese whispers all the same though
Last edited by ChrisUppy on April 27th, 2018, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

ChrisUppy wrote: I can guarentee you that was not the case
well he is going to Notre Dame on scholarship so?
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

mildlyinterested wrote:
ChrisUppy wrote: I can guarentee you that was not the case
well he is going to Notre Dame on scholarship so?
Going on an Irish scolarship that he applied to. Good on him :happy clapper:

Just a big difference to being "hunted by MIT"
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Since did Marty Moore become an agent?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan