New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Leinster Rugby and adidas have this morning announced a five year sponsorship deal that will see the famous three stripes adorn all Leinster match day, training and leisure wear as the German brand becomes the official kit partner to all Leinster Rugby teams.

The sponsorship will see Leinster Rugby senior coaches and players begin their 2018/19 pre-season training in June wearing their new adidas kit.

The deal includes the men’s and women’s senior Leinster Rugby teams as well as Leinster Branch Referees, all age grade teams and all coaching and domestic staff working with the 76,000 players across the 12 counties of Leinster.

Leinster Rugby CEO Mick Dawson said, “adidas is one of the most famous brands in the world, never mind in the team wear and sports marketing landscape. We are delighted to have such an iconic brand alongside us as we look to grow as a club both on the field and off.

“Already we have seen some great innovations from their team for our training and match kit and we look forward to seeing the kit on the players and indeed seeing the replica kit in-store from June.

“A new jersey gets everyone excited and a new jersey with a new kit supplier like adidas doubly so.”

Leinster Rugby is the latest addition to the adidas rugby portfolio that already includes the All Blacks and France.

In addition to rugby, adidas has global partnerships with the likes of Manchester United, Real Madrid and FIFA and supply a host of international football teams like Spain and Germany.

Speaking on behalf of adidas, Phil Benton, Vice President Sales, adidas UK & Ireland said, “We are incredibly proud to be partnering with Leinster Rugby from the 18/19 season.

“It is a club with a rich history and unrivalled list of achievements across both domestic and European rugby. We look forward to working with the club at all levels from players, coaching staff and fans alike across a long and successful partnership both on and off the field of play”.

The new Leinster Rugby adidas training kit will be available to pre-order from mid-June from Life Style Sports and the new home and alternate jersey will be launched in July.

Leinster Rugby and adidas also confirmed a range of new sizes and clothing options would be available to supporters in response to feedback from the Official Leinster Supporters Club.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by olaf the fat »

Pity the Adidas HR team trying to recruit a unicorn!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

I'll bet they won't bother with women's gear either. One jersey, sold only online, is not enough.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

olaf the fat wrote:Pity the Adidas HR team trying to recruit a unicorn!
:lol: :clap:
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Muriel wrote:I'll bet they won't bother with women's gear either. One jersey, sold only online, is not enough.
You all got the blue jacket though, the nicest piece of supporters gear in years.

Occasionally I catch myself gazing enviously at the wife's one hanging in the cupboard.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Is that the 3in1 jacket done by the Supporters Club? The supporters club should not have to fill the gap.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Muriel wrote:I'll bet they won't bother with women's gear either. One jersey, sold only online, is not enough.
Why not save some outrage until you actually have the answers?

Precomplaining is quite a strange practice
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Leinster Rugby and adidas also confirmed a range of new sizes and clothing options would be available to supporters in response to feedback from the Official Leinster Supporters Club.
Hopefully this means ladies gear, sizes for the fatties and plenty of cotton gear. Any local OLSCers in the know?
Anyone But New Zealand
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I'd say that after a decade of being treated as second class supporters by Canterbury the outrage storage silos are overflowing. Not much point in complaining about a fait accompli - postcomplaining is a waste of pixels
I have Bumbleflex
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Dave Cahill wrote:I'd say that after a decade of being treated as second class supporters by Canterbury the outrage storage silos are overflowing. Not much point in complaining about a fait accompli - postcomplaining is a waste of pixels
Postcomplainers are the permanently outraged.

Get in quick to force change
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

Hoping we'll see just the right amount of yellow!

I'd also like to see the stripes going along the sleeves, they seem to be forward facing stripes on the shoulder on lots of jerseys.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Do we get to play the AB's?
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Any idea as to whether this deal is worth more to Leinster than the current deal with Canterbury?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

TrapperChamonix wrote:Do we get to play the AB's?
That should be part of the deal.

Cant wait for the play!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I don't care who the supplier is, I just want to see two-tone match day kit, with shorts darker than the jersey, unlike our current Pro 14 cr@p monotone apparel.
Mackeroo
Beginner

Post by Mackeroo »

Looking forward to seeing what Adidas bring to the table. I found some of Canterbury's efforts to be hit and miss. They produced some absolute classics but equally some horrendous jerseys.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

riocard911 wrote:I don't care who the supplier is, I just want to see two-tone match day kit, with shorts darker than the jersey, unlike our current Pro 14 cr@p monotone apparel.
I love our home and European jersey at the moment. Two absolute crackers if you ask me. Will have to wait and see what the Addidas stuff is like, but in general I've like the Canterbury gear so they've a fair bit to live up to.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Great news. Haven't bought a Leinster jersey since 2008 and now I feel I'm too old to wear one (I know there are fans in their 60s who wear them snd good for them. Just a personal thing).

Hopefully Adidas make some good merch. I would say, year on year, imho, 90% of the Leinster stock was shite. Screw CCC. They can p1$$ off.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

It can be see-through, boobs printed on the front, backless, sleeveless, shoulder-padded I don't care. If it has 4 stars I'm wearin it!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

blockhead wrote:It can be see-through, boobs printed on the front, backless, sleeveless, shoulder-padded I don't care. If it has 4 stars I'm wearin it!
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: