New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Re: New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by BlueBlue »

I bought the €55 euro training Tee and the home blue one, the alternative one is rank, but since we had a plainish white one a few years back they always are. I think a new top prize goes to the alternate one this time for rankness.

I'm happy with my purchases, the most disappointing aspect of these jerseys is that the crest and stars are iron-on, these should always be stitched. Also, the Bank of Ireland text is on the front and back, this is needless and over the top, also most likely part of the Jersey to degrade.

The black one is class, like it a lot. The blue one is ok, I know it will grow on me.

As an aside, the think the hoodies, tee shirts and track suits are all very nice.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn5hjTPjWUv ... nsterrugby

New Euro jersey.

Not a fan of this either tbh.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Interesting use of ogham script as the pinstripe - any philologists/palaeographers able to translate? I'd say Uncle Mort, formerly of this parish, would have been able to.
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dave Cahill wrote:Interesting use of ogham script as the pinstripe - any philologists/palaeographers able to translate? I'd say Uncle Mort, formerly of this parish, would have been able to.
You'd need the jersey in hand but the alphabet is available online so it would be easy enough to do. I've always associated ogham with Munster though (but I think that's becauase I have it in my head it's where most examples are from).

At a guess I'd say it translates as the counties of Leinster (or less likely just Leinster)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

domhnallj wrote:I've always associated ogham with Munster though (but I think that's becauase I have it in my head it's where most examples are from).
Your head would be correct, older script forms survived longer in South and West Munster due to their lack of exposure to more modern forms.

Yes, Munster has always been backward :)
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

domhnallj wrote:At a guess I'd say it translates as the counties of Leinster (or less likely just Leinster)
You're on fire today! According to the marketing b*%&!x that just arrived in my inbox - "the jersey is “Night Navy” in colour and proudly spells each of the twelve counties in Leinster in the ancient alphabet, Ogham."
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
domhnallj wrote:At a guess I'd say it translates as the counties of Leinster (or less likely just Leinster)
You're on fire today! According to the marketing b*%&!x that just arrived in my inbox - "the jersey is “Night Navy” in colour and proudly spells each of the twelve counties in Leinster in the ancient alphabet, Ogham."
In modern professional rugby "culture" is fierce important - or so I'm led to believe....
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Not as bad as it looks in the promo shots tbf.

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Are you sure it's not just barbed wire?
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

limecat wrote:Are you sure it's not just barbed wire?
Or radio signals from aliens in outer space?
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Best of the three so far imo
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

I can't get past the asymmetry of the stars, a quirk of character I was previously unaware of.

Thank you Adidas for revealing my true self.

Perhaps the Ogham reads Know Thyself.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Looks like the unicorns have learnt how to do straight lines!
A proud Winsome Fluter
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

I like this more than most non-cotton jerseys I can remember, which probably means it's going to be a total flop.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Not mad on it which is good as I just went and bought the home strip last week
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

As promo photos go, this is a cracker.

Dev looks like he has put on about four stone and grown a belly, while Cronin looks like a Coppers doorman about to bate a lad trying to get in at closing time and Ferg looks like a hard man out of Eastenders!

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Just bought one, really really nice jersey in the flesh
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinster have, again, screwed over female Leinster supporters. The largest size available in the womens jersey (14) is smaller than the average Irish womens size (16) and in comparison to last years Canterbury Leinster, Lions and Ireland jerseys in the same size (14), is 2.5 inches smaller across the bust. So not only is the largest women's replica jersey smaller than the average Irish woman, it is, in itself, a smaller than normal jersey for its supposed size. I suggested at last years OLSC AGM that Leinster had a policy of deliberately undermining the market for women's replica clothing through a limited range and under-supply of that range in order to force women to purchase mens replica gear so they could kill the women's line entirely citing poor takeup. Marcus Ó Buachalla vehemently denied this, but now, over the last decade of this being an issue the supplier has changed, the retail partner has changed, the number of women watching and participating in rugby has grown - the only constant is Leinster Rugby, and the problem remains.
I have Bumbleflex
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Dave Cahill wrote:Leinster have, again, screwed over female Leinster supporters. The largest size available in the womens jersey (14) is smaller than the average Irish womens size (16) and in comparison to last years Canterbury Leinster, Lions and Ireland jerseys in the same size (14), is 2.5 inches smaller across the bust. So not only is the largest women's replica jersey smaller than the average Irish woman, it is, in itself, a smaller than normal jersey for its supposed size. I suggested at last years OLSC AGM that Leinster had a policy of deliberately undermining the market for women's replica clothing through a limited range and under-supply of that range in order to force women to purchase mens replica gear so they could kill the women's line entirely citing poor takeup. Marcus Ó Buachalla vehemently denied this, but now, over the last decade of this being an issue the supplier has changed, the retail partner has changed, the number of women watching and participating in rugby has grown - the only constant is Leinster Rugby, and the problem remains.
So do Leinster Rugby have a problem with women in general or is it just BIG women they don't like. Maybe it's because we don't all fit the image of an 'Assets Models' client
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

So do Leinster Rugby have a problem with women in general or is it just BIG women they don't like. Maybe it's because we don't all fit the image of an 'Assets Models' client
Size 16 isn’t ‘big’, it’s the average dress size in Ireland. And having a jersey much smaller than the average size labelled as XXL is harmful and insulting.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)