New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Muriel
Seán Cronin

Re: New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by Muriel »

And to answer your question, I believe their issue is with female fans in general. We get one jersey (usually with V neck and longer sleeves, sometimes with a velvet finish) , no T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, no away jersey, no European jersey etc. When they do have a range for women, it’s nothing like the men’s, just general blue with a crest tacked on, and that’s not to mention the pink hoodie.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I thought Leinster were taking a real step forward with women when they advertised the new home and away strip with both the male and female Leinster players but this sounds like they just took two steps back. Sad thing is that we have seen this week with the ladies All Ireland final croke parke getting 51,000 in to watch, an amazing result. I think Leinster marketing are missing a trick in not trying to target women’s fans base more and more for the future
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Muriel wrote:And to answer your question, I believe their issue is with female fans in general. We get one jersey (usually with V neck and longer sleeves, sometimes with a velvet finish) , no T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, no away jersey, no European jersey etc. When they do have a range for women, it’s nothing like the men’s, just general blue with a crest tacked on, and that’s not to mention the pink hoodie.
I really wish we had a ‘like’ button for posts like this
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

I ended up buying the kids age 12/13 jersey as it was the only one that fitted my size 12/14 body. And it's not an ideal fit, just better than the 'ladies' options
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

yellabelly1961 wrote:I ended up buying the kids age 12/13 jersey as it was the only one that fitted my size 12/14 body. And it's not an ideal fit, just better than the 'ladies' options
Try being the wrong side of a size 16 and having the rake thin shop assistant give you one of those smart, nasty, sickly sweet smiles while saying 'maybe you should try on one of the gents jerseys - it might be a better fit'
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote:
yellabelly1961 wrote:I ended up buying the kids age 12/13 jersey as it was the only one that fitted my size 12/14 body. And it's not an ideal fit, just better than the 'ladies' options
Try being the wrong side of a size 16 and having the rake thin shop assistant give you one of those smart, nasty, sickly sweet smiles while saying 'maybe you should try on one of the gents jerseys - it might be a better fit'
girls, don't be superficial about this - there is no wrong side of a size 16
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
girls, don't be superficial about this - there is no wrong side of a size 16
+1 my man
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Xanthippe wrote:
The men’s ones this season have no room for boobs.

First time in about 12 years I won’t be buying a jersey.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

The new kit has been out for a few weeks now. Any comments on the quality issues many expressed (stuck on stars going bye-bye in the wash etc)?

In a massive about-face about the appearance of the jerseys, I was gifted the home version and I think it looks rather splendid in the flesh.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

havent washed it yet in case I lose a star
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

domhnallj wrote:The new kit has been out for a few weeks now. Any comments on the quality issues many expressed (stuck on stars going bye-bye in the wash etc)?

Bigger sizes are really required in both the male & female ranges, as the sizes are smaller that normal in a lot of cases..

Only going to "size 12" in ladies at crazy and denying Leinster a source of income.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Muriel wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
The men’s ones this season have no room for boobs.

First time in about 12 years I won’t be buying a jersey.
Plenty of room for my boobs in the European jersey - which is a class jersey. The nice girl in Lifestyle told me they are expecting a full range of ladies sizes in, but she could have just made that up.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Yeah. But your boobs are so small I wouldn't even class them as bee stings
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I have to admit I really like my home kit jersey (well could be to do with the 4 stars!). Did see couple of guys wearing the European cup jersey at the game and it look d nice too in real life.