New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Triskaidekaphobia
Bookworm

Re: New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by Triskaidekaphobia »

Seems we're not going to get a standard fit black training jersey after all. Instead we'll get a replica T-Shirt for which we'll be asked to pay €55 which is significantly higher than the price of the regular performance tee at €38. Those 4 stars (still off center) demand a high premium it seems.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Triskaidekaphobia wrote:Seems we're not going to get a standard fit black training jersey after all. Instead we'll get a replica T-Shirt for which we'll be asked to pay €55 which is significantly higher than the price of the regular performance tee at €38. Those 4 stars (still off center) demand a high premium it seems.
Has anyone actually managed to get a feel of these? The training t-shirt (black) might be heavier weight-wise than the performance t-shirt (blue) but the description of the products on the lifestyle sports pages is non-existent.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Triskaidekaphobia wrote:Seems we're not going to get a standard fit black training jersey after all. Instead we'll get a replica T-Shirt for which we'll be asked to pay €55 which is significantly higher than the price of the regular performance tee at €38. Those 4 stars (still off center) demand a high premium it seems.
The stars' placement has potential to grate.

Why off centre?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

outcast eddie wrote:

Why off centre?
At a guess, were they designed before May 12th?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

yep, with Canterbury new designs were usually finalised 9 to 12 months before the jersey was actually released and were in production well before the season was over.

If you bought a (then new) two star jersey early enough, you'll notice that the stars are off centre too - ones that were produced later have the stars centred
I have Bumbleflex
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

BlueBlue wrote:
roarlad wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
I thought the jersey wasn't going to be released until August?

EDIT: It was the start of August last season, so I'd imagine it would be around the same time this season.
Lifestyle said end of July for the training kit, start of August for the jerseys..
Training kit was out in June.

Training kit out today.. end of July.
So we'd expect the jerseys out in the coming couple of weeks.
cylerwhaa
Beginner

Post by cylerwhaa »

outcast eddie wrote:

Why off centre?
It's a motivational aid, the stars will balance when we win the fifth!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Saw the range in lifestyle today, the shade of blue is an odd one, won't be investing in anything that's out there currently. It's like we've switched to adidas just in time for their worst run of style since 2001 lions.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

cylerwhaa wrote: It's a motivational aid, the stars will balance when we win the fifth!
Will wait till next summer so

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

TerenureJim wrote:Saw the range in lifestyle today, the shade of blue is an odd one, won't be investing in anything that's out there currently. It's like we've switched to adidas just in time for their worst run of style since 2001 lions.
The gold is pretty brash and flash. I assume that's because we're European Champions but it looks awful.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Flash Gordon wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Saw the range in lifestyle today, the shade of blue is an odd one, won't be investing in anything that's out there currently. It's like we've switched to adidas just in time for their worst run of style since 2001 lions.
The gold is pretty brash and flash. I assume that's because we're European Champions but it looks awful.
Is the Munster stuff not gold as well?

I don't think the stuff is that bad in the flesh tbh. Some of the jackets are pretty decent. Extortionately priced though. On a positive, everything is very blue. There's no dark blue or navy there at all. And one issue I've had with a lot of our stuff lately is the way it just fades into the background in stadiums. That's not something you could say about this gear. It'll be seen anyway. I can't see myself buying much, if anything at all, for now. Although it'll be interesting to see what the jersey is like.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I really like the new stuff actually, but then again I am an Adidas fiend.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

molloyjh wrote: I don't think the stuff is that bad in the flesh tbh. Some of the jackets are pretty decent. Extortionately priced though. On a positive, everything is very blue. There's no dark blue or navy there at all. And one issue I've had with a lot of our stuff lately is the way it just fades into the background in stadiums. That's not something you could say about this gear. It'll be seen anyway. I can't see myself buying much, if anything at all, for now. Although it'll be interesting to see what the jersey is like.
Ha, I'd be the opposite. I'd want stuff that would look alright if I just go for a walk, instead of something bright that says "HEY EVERYONE, I'M A LEINSTER FAN!". I guess they can't win.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
molloyjh wrote: I don't think the stuff is that bad in the flesh tbh. Some of the jackets are pretty decent. Extortionately priced though. On a positive, everything is very blue. There's no dark blue or navy there at all. And one issue I've had with a lot of our stuff lately is the way it just fades into the background in stadiums. That's not something you could say about this gear. It'll be seen anyway. I can't see myself buying much, if anything at all, for now. Although it'll be interesting to see what the jersey is like.
Ha, I'd be the opposite. I'd want stuff that would look alright if I just go for a walk, instead of something bright that says "HEY EVERYONE, I'M A LEINSTER FAN!". I guess they can't win.
Haha, yeah I'm just trying to look at the positives. I'm not keen on some of the new stuff, and it is all too samey. But some of it is decent enough, and when I tried on the fleece jacket I have to say I found it pretty nice all round. The tracksuit bottoms are horrible though.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Munner jersey released and using JC as a publicity hook even though he's not in the photo's.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 80245.html

Ours should be along any minute now.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

No mention of Bleyendaal in that article. Maybe he really is going to retire.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Leinster put up on Insta a pretty ominous video about 8/8/18.

Presumably new jersey unveil
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Just over a month to wait to go until we can go down to Lifestyle to find out that haven't got it in stock yet then when they do they only have sizes that will fit someone who just spent 5 years in a Vietcong prisoner of war camp and they don't know what a season ticket discount is fatty.
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

outcast eddie wrote:Munner jersey released and using JC as a publicity hook even though he's not in the photo's.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 80245.html

Ours should be along any minute now.
I reckon ours will look exactly like the Munster ones except blue
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

...and more stars.