A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by domhnallj »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:...and more stars.
:D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Dave Cahill wrote:Just over a month to wait to go until we can go down to Lifestyle to find out that haven't got it in stock yet then when they do they only have sizes that will fit someone who just spent 5 years in a Vietcong prisoner of war camp and they don't know what a season ticket discount is fatty.
Good man, Dave :lol:

I've never had an issue with the ST discount though (Dundrum SC shop).
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

domhnallj wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:Munner jersey released and using JC as a publicity hook even though he's not in the photo's.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 80245.html

Ours should be along any minute now.
I reckon ours will look exactly like the Munster ones except blue
Oh God I hope not - I know we had the mythic 'unicorn jizz' jersey but theirs looks like it's been sprinkled with blue and yellow sequins!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It actually reminded me of the empty seats in Thomond Park.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Xanthippe wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:Munner jersey released and using JC as a publicity hook even though he's not in the photo's.

Oh God I hope not - I know we had the mythic 'unicorn jizz' jersey but theirs looks like it's been sprinkled with blue and yellow sequins!!
From their press release:

"The vivid red adidas jersey has a hint of navy and gold detail throughout, inspired by the mix of vibrant and recognisable seat colours in the stands of Thomond Park."

There is definitely some comedy in the fact that their jersey is inspired by the empty seats in Thomond.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It actually reminded me of the empty seats in Thomond Park.
Damn, you pipped me. But that's not just coincidence, they designed it to do so!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I hadn't seen that, genuinely just thought that's what it looked like! :lol:

If they're going down this realistic route then maybe their next kit will have a chip sewn into the shoulder?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

domhnallj wrote:I reckon ours will look exactly like the Munster ones except blue
Xanthippe wrote:Oh God I hope not - I know we had the mythic 'unicorn jizz' jersey but theirs looks like it's been sprinkled with blue and yellow sequins!!
ChrisUppy wrote: From their press release:

"The vivid red adidas jersey has a hint of navy and gold detail throughout, inspired by the mix of vibrant and recognisable seat colours in the stands of Thomond Park."

There is definitely some comedy in the fact that their jersey is inspired by the empty seats in Thomond.
So they have 'cheat' seats to make the ground look full and now they have a 'cheat' jersey (highlighted with blue and gold no less) - do we reckon its so they can pretend to be us :twisted:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I hadn't seen that, genuinely just thought that's what it looked like! :lol:

If they're going down this realistic route then maybe their next kit will have a chip sewn into the shoulder?
:clap:
Seriously we NEED to have a 'like' button for posts like this
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Xanthippe wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

My spatter analysis buddy's say this is more in line with a unicorn fart/involuntary discharge.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I hadn't seen that, genuinely just thought that's what it looked like! :lol:

Literally the first thing that sprung to my mind as well. Looked at it and thought, "They've put Thomond Park's seating pattern on it".

The irony is that the speckled seat allocation in Thomond is intended to mitigate against the effects of low turnouts – i.e. the casual eye doesn't see an empty bank of red seats in the background. But they had such a fallow period [in terms of attendances] over the last 5-6 seasons that people are more familiar with the speckled empty seat motif than anybody could possibly have intended.

Just as an afterthought, how empty is the side with the cameras when you see the other side less than half-full?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Conor Murray is definitely wearing a shirt made for Zebo's "physique"
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

It's not bad, but far from great.

Our best jerseys have had a mix of white and gold/yellow in minor quantities.

All blue just bores me, doesn't matter how many patterns in 50 shades of blue you put.

Last two jerseys from Canterbury were better (excluding the number of stars), but this is better than Canterbury's muck MOC jersey from 2013-15.

Edit: Can someone align the stars correctly at least? Did they not get the memo, or did they intentionally leave room for a 5th?
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Far too similar to the training gear if you ask me and nothing particularly stand out in the design. The shoulder pad seams also mean the jerseys are a horrible fit unless you're ripped and wearing them skin tight.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

The blue is ok, it may be a grower.

The black is nicer but may take me some time to adjust to Leinster gear in that colour.

Won't be buying anything with poorly aligned stars though, it's a glaring c~*k up that I can't see past. It's a Feng Shui catastrophe.

Maybe they'll be future collectors items like stamps and coins with manufacturing errors.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

4 stars apart the Home shirt is just about alright,
The away one looks like an old Munster jersey almost as if Adidas had unsold ones left over so just changed the crest ...... and of course added stars

I won’t be rushing to buy either ..... will wait until I see what the Euro one looks like 1st, if I buy any at all.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Sigh! I had high expectations. What's up with (1) the shitty design pattern? It looks like a poor backdrop in a TV3 studio and (2) the star alignment? It is full of Bank of Ireland logos, too. Both sleeves, above both nipples, across the front, presumably one behind the neck and maybe more at the bottom.

The black one smacks of laziness. We did it for Munster. Let's try Leinster.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

not sure what people expected given how poor the munster ones have been.