New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by domhnallj »

suisse wrote:Sigh! I had high expectations. What's up with (1) the shitty design pattern? It looks like a poor backdrop in a TV3 studio and (2) the star alignment? It is full of Bank of Ireland logos, too. Both sleeves, above both nipples, across the front, presumably one behind the neck and maybe more at the bottom.

The black one smacks of laziness. We did it for Munster. Let's try Leinster.
You just need pop over to planet Indo where the jersey is 'revealed' along with the strategising behind the design. Here, I've saved you the bother - follow the link..... https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 95422.html
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

mildlyinterested wrote:not sure what people expected given how poor the munster ones have been.
Its exactly as I expected.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

I'm haven't followed football since the 90s, but I seem to remember Man United having an away jersey like it.
I'm a traditionalist, so I was never going to like it but I don't find it too offensive.
At least it is not ridiculous, unlike some red jerseys Adidas recently produced.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

domhnallj wrote:You just need pop over to planet Indo where the jersey is 'revealed' along with the strategising behind the design. Here, I've saved you the bother - follow the link..... https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 95422.html

That explains it so :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

This shows the jerseys were all made with three stars and the fourth was added....

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 06208?s=19
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

For all its flaws, isn't twitter great? Going to a tweet from a serious organisation like Leinster and seeing a message saying "new jersey looks shite" from the esteemed "Fudge Von Snowbeard" has just made my day :lol:
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Why not just make the jersey with no stars then either add three or four at a later point depending on how the Heineken Cup finished up?
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

"The jersey design takes inspiration from the people of Laighean, the name linking the ancient ancestors of the Leinster province to their expertise at throwing the Laighean, a green broad headed spear.

"This is represented on the famous blue jersey by a pattern of spearheads raining down – a bold look for the new kit. Tonal three stripes, collar and cuff are complemented by the contrasting Leinster crest on the left chest.

"Continuing the homage to the Leinster province, the Leinster Rugby Alternate jersey for the season is a graphical representation of the 12 counties.

"The green and gold colours are direct call outs from the provincial Leinster flag, once again tying into the history of the province as Leinster Rugby represents the 12 counties on the road. Linking into the home jersey and the people of Laighean, hundreds of spearheads are used to outline the individual counties in the pattern of the new Alternate jersey.

What ever happened to the old "Home jersey is Blue away is white line..."
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

The jersey design takes inspiration from the people of Laighean, the name linking the ancient ancestors of the Leinster province to their expertise at throwing the Laighean, a green broad headed spear.

:green clap: :green clap: :green clap:

throwing the laighean aka taking the piss
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

tomthefan wrote:
The jersey design takes inspiration from the people of Laighean, the name linking the ancient ancestors of the Leinster province to their expertise at throwing the Laighean, a green broad headed spear.

Dude, this week is the first time I've noticed you on here. I'm not sure what purpose it serves in your life, but we've had plenty of Munster trolls before - you're not the first and you won't be the last.

As for throwing things, you are in a particular jersey glass house.
Whatever about stones, your monstrosity makes me want to throw up.
MelbourneRebel
Knowledgeable

Post by MelbourneRebel »

Is there going to be a different jersey for Europe?
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Sorry curate, my mistake, I didn't realise "throwing the Laighean" was serious, cultural stuff.
No reason was specified.

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

nc6000 wrote:Why not just make the jersey with no stars then either add three or four at a later point depending on how the Heineken Cup finished up?
Presumably there is a production lead in time. They took and gamble and backed the wrong horse.

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote:
tomthefan wrote:

Dude, this week is the first time I've noticed you on here. I'm not sure what purpose it serves in your life, but we've had plenty of Munster trolls before - you're not the first and you won't be the last.

As for throwing things, you are in a particular jersey glass house.
Whatever about stones, your monstrosity makes me want to throw up.
Ah come on, it's hardly trolling to laugh at that absolute nonsense from Adidas!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

MelbourneRebel wrote:Is there going to be a different jersey for Europe?
apparently.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

wixfjord wrote:Ah come on, it's hardly trolling to laugh at that absolute nonsense from Adidas!
Thanks wixfjord, anyone who comes up with that sort of guff is asking for it.
No reason was specified.

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote:Ah come on, it's hardly trolling to laugh at that absolute nonsense from Adidas!
If by "nonsense", you are referring to the Munster monstrosity, I've had plenty of laughs about the jersey and explanation. Should keep me going all season, in between the migraines it will cause.

I find our new jersey uninspiring and that back-story a bit silly alright.

But there are so many layers of irony in a Munster fan bothering to create an account on a Leinster fan forum, and to then comment on the Leinster jersey from their particular glasshouse is absolutely laughable (it is also the epitome of trolling, as far as I understand the word).
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

The away jerseys are designed to be worn with jeans. Someone on the jersey design side of Canterbury told me that a number of years ago and it makes sense.

Don't see anything particularly wrong with the new jersey – it's almost all blue and there's a bit of white/silver in it for the crest and our beloved sponsor Mortage Helping Lovey Dovey Acoustic Cover Version Breaking Voice Bank.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote:
If by "nonsense", you are referring to the Munster monstrosity, I've had plenty of laughs about the jersey and explanation. Should keep me going all season, in between the migraines it will cause.

I find our new jersey uninspiring and that back-story a bit silly alright.

But there are so many layers of irony in a Munster fan bothering to create an account on a Leinster fan forum, and to then comment on the Leinster jersey from their particular glasshouse is absolutely laughable (it is also the epitome of trolling, as far as I understand the word).
Jaysus silly season is taking its toll!

Who feckin cares. He's right, the marketing blurb is nonsense. So is the Munster one. Don't be so sensitive!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

domhnallj wrote:
nc6000 wrote:Why not just make the jersey with no stars then either add three or four at a later point depending on how the Heineken Cup finished up?
Presumably there is a production lead in time. They took and gamble and backed the wrong horse.
Shows how little faith they have in Leinster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk