A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

molloyjh
Mullet

Re: New Kit 18/19 Season - Adidas

Post by molloyjh »

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/adul ... 09613.html

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/adul ... 03922.html

€100 for a training jersey!? They can FRO there. That's scandalous. €75 for a hoody!? No. Just no.
Sionnach
Bookworm

Post by Sionnach »

molloyjh wrote:https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/adul ... 09613.html

€100 for a training jersey!? They can FRO there. That's scandalous. €75 for a hoody!? No. Just no.
Pricey, for sure, and I won't be buying one. But it is the "players" training jersey. I presume that's like the "test" kits that go on sale - totally different materials than the supporters versions that get sold for cheaper.

I think I'll hang on to see what the normal home jersey is like. I'm still rocking my favourite old training which I always thought would make a cracking first team kit.

jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Sionnach wrote:

Pricey, for sure, and I won't be buying one. But it is the "players" training jersey. I presume that's like the "test" kits that go on sale - totally different materials than the supporters versions that get sold for cheaper.

I think I'll hang on to see what the normal home jersey is like. I'm still rocking my favourite old training which I always thought would make a cracking first team kit.

To this day I'm still furious with myself I never bought one of those
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I'd hope thats the players jersey alright, because paying a ton for a training jersey ain't going to happen chez cahill - and I buy everything.
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

100 sheets! Not going to happen even on sale. Ditto for the hoodies (which I don't think look that good anyway).
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I do like the tracksuit top, which is pretty much the same price as they always were
I have Bumbleflex
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Yeah it's the players jersey, which is the tight fitting ab-tacular one. Why they have a training jersey in that fit is beyond me.

Pretty sure the Canterbury hoodys were around €60, which would see the Adidas ones being 25% more expensive. And €23 for a beanie is rightly taking the piss.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

molloyjh wrote:Yeah it's the players jersey, which is the tight fitting ab-tacular one. Why they have a training jersey in that fit is beyond me.

Pretty sure the Canterbury hoodys were around €60, which would see the Adidas ones being 25% more expensive. And €23 for a beanie is rightly taking the piss.

and it only goes up to xxl ....
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I have only recently stopped wearing my "Bank of Scotland" jersey. I don't think I'm part of the target market.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

FLIP wrote:Generally I like the look of the kit, although the perfectionist in me seems to feel that the stars aren't centred right above the logo.
They aren't...because they were originally made before the 12th May.

It all looks a bit too like Munster's kit to me, probably some kind of psychological trick by the IRFU to prepare our players for the move south.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

COYBIB wrote:Wow, looks nice. Pretty slick. Dem stars look pretty fookin good up there too!

Anybody care to speculate that this implies that the rumors that we've done a supply and release development deal with the All Blacks is true? Maybe the jersey is an homage to the alliance? God deal for the ABs, our kids could teach them a thing or two.
Just glad to see J-Lowe fulfill his dream to pull on that famous black Adidas jersey
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

A black jersey? You mean, like the black jersey that Adidas made for Munster last season? :roll:
It looks nice but why?

Like Spoofer, I'm not the target market though. Unlike Spoofer, I still wear my Bank of Scotland jersey to games.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

That black jersey is going to sell very well (for a training jersey). Already I've seen a lot of positive feedback on social media. A good rule of thumb is that if this forum doesn't like something, it sells well :D

Just be glad we haven't got cringeworthy tag lines scrawlled all over it. Although maybe that will come with the playing jersey
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ChrisUppy wrote:That black jersey is going to sell very well (for a training jersey). Already I've seen a lot of positive feedback on social media. A good rule of thumb is that if this forum doesn't like something, it sells well :D

Just be glad we haven't got cringeworthy tag lines scrawlled all over it. Although maybe that will come with the playing jersey
I think everyone likes it, but they aren't going to buy it at e100.

Leinster seem to have realised this and their webmonkeys are on social media now pointing out that the regular version (i.e. not the players fit one) will be cheaper when its released.

I'd say Lifestyle knew this, but decided to go with the more expensive one at launch in order to gouge as much as they could out of a captive market and let Leinster deal with the flak. I'd suggest it was a case of the tail wagging the dog, but in the Leinster - Lifestyle relationship, Lifestyle are the dog.
I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Those off centre stars are hurting my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I will buy something. Just to have a jersey with 4 stars. I'll wait for the actual jerseys and buy the least manky of the 3
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

curates_egg wrote:A black jersey? You mean, like the black jersey that Adidas made for Munster last season? :roll:
It looks nice but why?

Like Spoofer, I'm not the target market though. Unlike Spoofer, I still wear my Bank of Scotland jersey to games.
Lost some weight and it's now too big. Think O'Meara camping big.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Big fan of the blue stuff (and the gold), not so much of the black stuff.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Twist wrote:Those off centre stars are hurting my eyes
Yeah its just wrong

Other then that, I like what I've seen so far.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Triskaidekaphobia wrote:On first impression, seems a bit more pricey that the Canturbury stuff but does look pretty decent

Black training jersey - €100 - Long wait to get them though - PRE-ORDERS START SHIPPING ON TUE AUG 14 2018

Rest of the stuff seems a shorter wait - JUL 24 2018

Is it just me - the prices on the lifestyle sports are lower now. e.g. the polo is €40 rather than 45, the black training jersey is €90 rather than €100, Beanie is €21rather than €25. Everything seems to have been dropped a bit. Maybe a discount on early sales or something?
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you