Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by mildlyinterested »

Today was all that mattered. Next saturday is a bonus.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:Today was all that mattered. Next saturday is a bonus.
Not to the team it's not. It's been said multiple times that the team target is two trophies.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dude you are infatuated :lol:

For the last week on every platform you post on (irishfan9, bayern, mildlyinterested, goreyguy) you've been talking about this game as if it's a pre-season clash with some random Englsh Championship side!

Of course today was important and the main focus, and we're all delighted.

But as Leavy, Sexton and Leo all said, next Saturday is an important game. The Pro14 might not be as illustrious, but it's the trophy we play for for 80% of the year, so it's important to both fans and players.

If we can win the double it'll be a big thing. And never mind the context, a game with Munster in the RDS is always important.

So enough of that please. Ta.

Bring it on.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote:

For the last week on every platform you post on (irishfan9, bayern, mildlyinterested, goreyguy) you've been talking about this game as if it's a pre-season clash with some random Englsh Championship side!

But as Leavy, Sexton and Leo all said, next Saturday is an important game. The Pro14 might not be as illustrious, but it's the trophy we play for for 80% of the year, so it's important to both fans and players.

If we can win the double it'll be a big thing. And never mind the context, a game with Munster in the RDS is always important.

Bring it on.
The team is on the rip until late sunday. But yeah the pro 14 is a priority. :roll:

Leinster may still pull out a win on saturday, but just watch Lancasters interview post game when asked if they'd be taking it easy because of the munster game on saturday. :lol:

it's all about the stars on the jersey. :D

But we shall see come saturday, what leinster side shows up.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

Bring it on.
The team is on the rip until late sunday. But yeah the pro 14 is a priority. :roll:

Leinster may still pull out a win on saturday, but just watch Lancasters interview post game when asked if they'd be taking it easy because of the munster game on saturday. :lol:

it's all about the stars on the jersey. :D

But we shall see come saturday, what leinster side shows up.
Who said the Pro14 is a priority Irishfan9?

Today was the priority, and it was a great win. But nobody said they'd be 'taking it easy'.

Now, after the party, Saturday is the focus.

And a Pro14 win would top things off nicely.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Not sure how they'll approach team selection for this really. Do we stick or twist? Sexton tweaked his groin. Luke McGrath will be sore after the injection wears off. Leavy & Henshaw in particular took a pounding. Lowe surely deserves a big game. Tough calls for the coaches here.

Would this be far fetched?

McGrath, Cronin, Furlong, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, Jordi, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, Kearney

Tracey, Healy, Porter, Maloney, Leavy, McCarthy, Carbery, O'Loughlin
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Listened to a Newstalk Breakfast podcast where Alan Quinlan interviewed Donncha Ryan's father pre the Racing game .....(usual blather)....at the end of the interview Shane Coleman asked Quinny who he wanted to win......and he hesitated ......before settling on Leinster.

For any number of reasons this Munster game is important. Bring it on.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

tingman wrote:Listened to a Newstalk Breakfast podcast where Alan Quinlan interviewed Donncha Ryan's father pre the Racing game .....(usual blather)....at the end of the interview Shane Coleman asked Quinny who he wanted to win......and he hesitated ......before settling on Leinster.

For any number of reasons this Munster game is important. Bring it on.
To be honest, if the roles were reversed with Munster playing Paris with Sexton starring, I’d have the same struggles before opting for Munster.

There are a hundred better reasons to want to beat them other than that. And I’m impressed already by the focus that several of the players have shown is on this game. Bring it on indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Former Munster back rower in "hesitating before he opted for Leonster" shocker! Hold the front page.

Imagine if they asked Shane Jennings the opposite question?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I haven't moved on from last night yet.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Will be interesting to see if Joey gets the nod at 10 if Jonny is unfit.
Last edited by enby on May 13th, 2018, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

I'm not sure how anyone who has such a huge interest in all aspects of Leinster rugby can think this is not a big game. Should we not be bothered about the 23 (hopefully) Pro14 games a season, the B and I cup or all the underage matches either? One competition being 'most important' does not preclude all the rest having varying levels of importance too.

Personally really looking forward to this. I haven't seen Leinster v Munster live in the RDS since New Year's Eve 2005 (I've been mostly living abroad since then) when Felipe put on a bit of a show.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

CiaranIrl wrote:Not sure how they'll approach team selection for this really. Do we stick or twist? Sexton tweaked his groin. Luke McGrath will be sore after the injection wears off. Leavy & Henshaw in particular took a pounding. Lowe surely deserves a big game. Tough calls for the coaches here.

McGrath, Cronin, Furlong, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, Jordi, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, Kearney

That'd be similar to the side I'd go for alright, albeit with Isa at 14

Johnny overcoming that groin problem will be key.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I can't wait for this even more now...I'd say there'll be a lot of frustration that we couldn't deliver our game plan yesterday and so we'll look to really perform next weekend.

I think I'd rest Lowe, he seemed to put more effort into the celebrations than everyone else put in during the match :lol:
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

James Lowe was a hero yesterday. I was wondering how he'd take being left out. No doubt it hurt but to see such joy on the face of a man who has only been here around 7 months was beautiful. He must really love this team, the city and life in Ireland. I hope he gets to start a final this season and walks up to take a winner's medal.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

CiaranIrl wrote:Not sure how they'll approach team selection for this really. Do we stick or twist? Sexton tweaked his groin. Luke McGrath will be sore after the injection wears off. Leavy & Henshaw in particular took a pounding. Lowe surely deserves a big game. Tough calls for the coaches here.

Is Fardy injured or have you dropped him there??

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Has a ref been announced for this yet?

I hope to fcuk we don't get Nigel.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Really interesting to hear all of our guys talking about this game almost as soon as yesterday's final whistle blew. Leavy, Ryan, Leo, Sexton and Conan all spoke about Munster in various places.

I'd say they'll be beering again tonight, but hopefully will have learned the lessons of 2011. Being at home and having a deeper squad will help greatly.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Twist wrote:

Is Fardy injured or have you dropped him there??

Dropped seems a bit strong, but yes. Luke McGrath probably won't be able to play next week. He was heavily strapped and is quite obviously not fully fit yet. I also think Lowe deserves this, so that rules out Fardy.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

This really is a potential banana skin for Leinster. Given the physical and emotional toll that the Raring match must have taken on the Leinster players it will be very difficult to raise their game again against what will be a very pumped-up Munster.

In addition to winning the Pro 14, Munster will want to be the first team to beat the new European champions.

The Leinster 16th man will be very important to help our heroes get the result we want.