Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

molloyjh
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by molloyjh »

johng wrote:OK add in the words "for Munster" before "in the RDS"
Didn't JJ, Kilcoyne, Ryan and Holland play in that B&I Cup SF a few years back?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

ChrisUppy wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Lar wrote:What about Andrew Conway? Ian Keatley?
Conway defo. Don't think keatley every played for us, though hes from Leinster.
Kayley played at the RDS for Connacht. I remember he was still doing his bounce thing before place kicks
And a section of the crowd counted aloud the amount of bounces he did :?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Luke Fitz said he couldn't get anyone for the podcast as the lads are on lockdown with Munster game on saturday..
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

molloyjh wrote:
Didn't JJ, Kilcoyne, Ryan and Holland play in that B&I Cup SF a few years back?
Addressed a few pages back.
ChrisUppy wrote:
Does "for Munster" include Munster A? I'd say a few of them (Dave kilkoyne for sure) were playing in that semi a few years ago
johng wrote:no
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Lar wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote:https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/health ... y-1.985388

Good article on Leinster Munster rivalry up to 2007

It all changed after Croke Park 2009 (of course my all time favourite Leinster Munster game, surpassed only by the great 2011 Cardiff comeback in Leinster greatest ever games)
My favourite Leinster game was the win over Clermont in Bordeaux.
The 29-28 against the same opposition in the HEC quarter finals is also a particular favourite (but all off the ones mentioned are special).
yes that was a special one - Brock James - a little like Saturday - " he's going to kick, he going to kick..... when the F&*K is he going to kick - Oh he has missed... :happy clapper: "
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

the spoofer wrote:
Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote:https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/health ... y-1.985388

It all changed after Croke Park 2009 (of course my all time favourite Leinster Munster game, surpassed only by the great 2011 Cardiff comeback in Leinster greatest ever games)
Has to be the Qtr Final v Toulouse in 2006 , spellbinding !. For those of you not born then look it up !.
Flying wedge
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

footrush wrote:
the spoofer wrote:

Has to be the Qtr Final v Toulouse in 2006 , spellbinding !. For those of you not born then look it up !.
Special day alright although I was not there. Watched it ca 9.30 am at some Irish bar in New York. Always think though that the gloss was taken off that day by what happened in the semi-final. ☹️
Four Stars
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Home semi V Toulouse 2011 was a humdinger too!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

My favourite Leinster game was the win over Clermont in Bordeaux.[/quote]
Has to be the Qtr Final v Toulouse in 2006 , spellbinding !. For those of you not born then look it up !.[/quote]
Special day alright although I was not there. Watched it ca 9.30 am at some Irish bar in New York. Always think though that the gloss was taken off that day by what happened in the semi-final. ☹️[/quote]
Was there , was at all of these games however that one stands out mainly to see the stunned Toulouse supporters they were so certain that they were going to win , fantastic rugby two world class teams
, amazing day !. The two greatest teams in European history , how good it is to say that ourselves and Toulouse are head shoulders !. We are no longer in their shadow !. I’ve waited over a decade to say this and now I can it has to be beating Toulouse in their own City we are the two greatest teams in European History what happened after is secondary. If we want to measure our success it must be against the other greatest sublime European team and that is not Munster !.
Last edited by footrush on May 17th, 2018, 5:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Flying wedge
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Quins in the Stoop for me. Genuinely felt like we helped drag them over the line.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Cianostays wrote:Quins in the Stoop for me. Genuinely felt like we helped drag them over the line.

Same for me.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Clermont in Bordeaux for me too.

Have very bad memories of Clermont in the RDS in 2010 - yes Brock James bottled his kick at the end but by then Parra had effectively knocked us out of Europe anyway by breaking Sexton's jaw and leaving us facing Toulouse without him.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Possible team from the Irish Times:

Leinster (possible): J Carbery; J Larmour, G Ringrose, I Nacewa, J Lowe; R Byrne, L McGrath; J McGrath, S Cronin, T Furlong; D Toner, J Ryan; R Ruddock, J Murphy, J Conan.

Would worry defensively about a back three of Lowe, Carbery and Larmour. Exciting offensively though
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Strange decision to bring Carbery in at 15. Would prefer the solidity of RK back there.

Some attacking potential in that 11-15 though!

Isa being fit is a huge boost too.

Wonder will we see a bench of:

Healy, Tracy, Porter, Fardy, Leavy, McCarthy, ROL, RK
Last edited by wixfjord on May 17th, 2018, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Isa Isa Isa
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Hornet wrote:
Cianostays wrote:Quins in the Stoop for me. Genuinely felt like we helped drag them over the line.

Same for me.
This.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I like that selection. Obviously there's a risk involved but I do think that attack is the best form of defence against this Munster side. They struggled against Toulon, Edinburgh, and Racing (and us in December) when they put pace on the game and moved the ball. Rob has been in great form over the last few months and would have been good for different reasons, but imagine being JJ and having to kick under pressure to that back three? Murray's box kicking will still be a concern but hopefully we can put pressure on them at the breakdown.

I like the trust we're showing in players and think the bold selection will be rewarded. I have no idea which Munster side will turn up though. They've been really poor recently and looked exhausted to me. Maybe that weekend off will have kicked them into gear but it's just impossible to know at this stage.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I like that selection. Obviously there's a risk involved but I do think that attack is the best form of defence against this Munster side. They struggled against Toulon, Edinburgh, and Racing (and us in December) when they put pace on the game and moved the ball. Rob has been in great form over the last few months and would have been good for different reasons, but imagine being JJ and having to kick under pressure to that back three? Murray's box kicking will still be a concern but hopefully we can put pressure on them at the breakdown.

I like the trust we're showing in players and think the bold selection will be rewarded. I have no idea which Munster side will turn up though. They've been really poor recently and looked exhausted to me. Maybe that weekend off will have kicked them into gear but it's just impossible to know at this stage.
I agree. Attack attack attack!

We've got the big prize in the bag and any mental shackles should come off for this game. We're at home, the crowd will be enormously buoyant and the weather is set fair. Munster aren't going to let us roll over them, but we should go at them for the full 80 minutes from everywhere.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Jesus, when I look at that team I'm a bit nervous. If we're missing Secton, Henshaw, Fardy, Leavy & Kearney and still win, it's a massive kick in the gonads for them.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

CiaranIrl wrote:Jesus, when I look at that team I'm a bit nervous. If we're missing Secton, Henshaw, Fardy, Leavy & Kearney and still win, it's a massive kick in the gonads for them.
Completely get what your saying but it's still a really exciting team. Hell of a front row to bring on at 50 mins or so.

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.