Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by Oldschool »

Bring it on.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Blueberry
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F RDS.

Post by Blueberry »

Munster pretty average v Edinburgh, Edinburgh should have won that today bar some daft unforced errors, two really bad kicks straight into touch in the second half and some fairly average lineout work and they gave Munster far too much freedom at the breakdown. If we are in half reasonable shape after Bilbao we should be able to physically dominate up front and we will find gaps out wide.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by CiaranIrl »

Stander and Conway look like they might be injured.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Looking forward to this game. It's been a long, long time since we played Munster in the RDS - I think it was the 09-10 semi-final.

I don't think we've ever got any sort of advantage from playing them at Lansdowne Road, and the atmosphere has generally been very ordinary at those games. It'll be good to have a partisan pro-Leinster, anti-Munster crowd in the RDS, and I think it'll be an easy sell.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

When Jamie flattened Rog with a belter of a tackle
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Funnily enough I think we're more likely to win this game than had it been Edinburgh. The sight of red jerseys on the horizon should help the players refocus after next week.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

johng wrote:When Jamie flattened Rog with a belter of a tackle
Ask and you shall receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9gf6ftmvB8

Here's some bog-standard Munster skullduggery which somehow doesn't result in a card or penalty try (also features the rarest of items, a 20-metre break from CJ vd Toe Injury)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57MjiKM8r0

And here's a belter of a try finished off by Rob Kearney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL165l_6csQ
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

cormac wrote:
johng wrote:When Jamie flattened Rog with a belter of a tackle
Ask and you shall receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9gf6ftmvB8

Here's some bog-standard Munster skullduggery which somehow doesn't result in a card or penalty try (also features the rarest of items, a 20-metre break from CJ vd Toe Injury)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57MjiKM8r0

And here's a belter of a try finished off by Rob Kearney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL165l_6csQ
Well good old Setanta Sports. If ye never keep anything else, you better hang on to the 3rd and 4th replays of Jamie in full flight. How I miss than man in Blue, he would have loved playing with Ryan and Leavy.
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

I forgot to buy my ticket through my season ticket account! Anyone know when they're on public sale?
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Irony of Ironies - I can't go to this game because I have to go to a....

...Communion!

:lol:
I have Bumbleflex
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Dave Cahill wrote:Irony of Ironies - I can't go to this game because I have to go to a....

...Communion!

Not to worry we will stick up a flag in your place.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

Dave Cahill wrote:Irony of Ironies - I can't go to this game because I have to go to a....

...Communion!

Does that mean you have a spare ticket? Am desperately trying to get my hands on one
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

Just got an email saying they'd be going on pre-sale to season ticket holders at 2pm today before going on public sale at 9am on Thursday.

Thought they already went on pre-sale to season ticket holders? Ah well...
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Mickado wrote:Just got an email saying they'd be going on pre-sale to season ticket holders at 2pm today before going on public sale at 9am on Thursday.

Thought they already went on pre-sale to season ticket holders? Ah well...
That was to buy your seat.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Going to be physically tough to play this game at the standards we have been reaching this year after the small matter of a match with Racing in Bilbao. We will probably have a few injuries and will definitely have some bruised tired bodies. On the plus side I would agree that the sight of the red jerseys will be a help in getting up for the game.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

We'll surely see a bit of rotation for this too. Ruddock, Conan, Larmour, McGrath maybe coming into start for example.

Then early introductions for the likes of Tracy and Porter.

If we win and the lads don't go on a major piss up and are back training properly by Tuesday it shouldn't be a huge issue. If, god forbid, we lose, then I can see us being fairly hungry.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I'd imagine that Johnny and Isa are driving the group on to do the double. 3 games away from history. They should enjoy muted celebrations on Sat (should we be fortunate enough to win).
wixfjord wrote:We'll surely see a bit of rotation for this too. Ruddock, Conan, Larmour, McGrath maybe coming into start for example.

If we win and the lads don't go on a major piss up and are back training properly by Tuesday it shouldn't be a huge issue. If, god forbid, we lose, then I can see us being fairly hungry.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Fireworks wrote:Going to be physically tough to play this game at the standards we have been reaching this year after the small matter of a match with Racing in Bilbao. We will probably have a few injuries and will definitely have some bruised tired bodies. On the plus side I would agree that the sight of the red jerseys will be a help in getting up for the game.
It's always difficult alright after a final and we've often struggled in these situations - even against Munster. However, we've got a lot of depth in the pack in particular.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Cianostays wrote:I'd imagine that Johnny and Isa are driving the group on to do the double. 3 games away from history. They should enjoy muted celebrations on Sat (should we be fortunate enough to win).
wixfjord wrote:We'll surely see a bit of rotation for this too. Ruddock, Conan, Larmour, McGrath maybe coming into start for example.

Burt(in particular) and Leo are going to want to win everything they can, they'll keep the pressure on.
Also these type of matches are auditions for the Aussie tour.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Fireworks wrote:Going to be physically tough to play this game at the standards we have been reaching this year after the small matter of a match with Racing in Bilbao. We will probably have a few injuries and will definitely have some bruised tired bodies. On the plus side I would agree that the sight of the red jerseys will be a help in getting up for the game.
It's always difficult alright after a final and we've often struggled in these situations - even against Munster. However, we've got a lot of depth in the pack in particular.
We have form in tripping up in a league final after a European victory but that was to a better Munster team and you are right that our depth now is a lot better. A significant number of the bench in Bilbao may be starters against Munster.