Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Do the same Kolpac restrictions apply in the Pro14 competition as in Europe? Genuinely unsure and would love a definitive answer. Regardless, I am certain that James Lowe now deserves the opportunity to play in a 'big' game for us. We also should encourage Scott Fardy and his wife to consider applying for citizenship or residency as a consequence of their Irish-born daughter.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Do the same Kolpac restrictions apply in the Pro14 competition as in Europe? Genuinely unsure and would love a definitive answer. Regardless, I am certain that James Lowe now deserves the opportunity to play in a 'big' game for us. We also should encourage Scott Fardy and his wife to consider applying for citizenship or residency as a consequence of their Irish-born daughter.
they do afaik.

Fardy made a joke about the situation on instagram.. something to the effect of if only 1 of them had european ancestry.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Do the same Kolpac restrictions apply in the Pro14 competition as in Europe? Genuinely unsure and would love a definitive answer. Regardless, I am certain that James Lowe now deserves the opportunity to play in a 'big' game for us. We also should encourage Scott Fardy and his wife to consider applying for citizenship or residency as a consequence of their Irish-born daughter.
they do afaik.

Fardy made a joke about the situation on instagram.. something to the effect of if only 1 of them had european ancestry.
Thanks, most disappointing.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

i've come around to really wanting leinster to win this game, mostly due to bitter munster fans and their reaction to leinster winning, but being realistic knowing that it will be very difficult to get up so soon again post final celebrations.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:i've come around to really wanting leinster to win this game, mostly due to bitter munster fans and their reaction to leinster winning, but being realistic knowing that it will be very difficult to get up so soon again post final celebrations.
For someone so engaged in Leinster underage and development, it beggars belief that you aren't particularly arsed about league success
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:i've come around to really wanting leinster to win this game, mostly due to bitter munster fans and their reaction to leinster winning, but being realistic knowing that it will be very difficult to get up so soon again post final celebrations.
For someone so engaged in Leinster underage and development, it beggars belief that you aren't particularly arsed about league success
Eaten bread is soon forgotten Peg Leg.
What have Leinster done for us lately?
Plumber will be under pressure if don't beat the orcs out the gate in the semi.

How's that for moving on?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Peg Leg wrote:
it's a bonus post saturdays win.

i'll enjoy the hell out of it if they beat munster and go on a win it, but if they lose... ah well, season was still a huge success.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

It will probably be tomorrow before we hear an update on the squad.

Sexton - Groin
McGrath - Ankle
Jordi Murphy - Hangover
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Jordi certainly drank like a man who was headed to Ulster next season.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

mildlyinterested wrote:Jordi certainly drank like a man who was headed to Ulster next season.
I really f%~king hope not...
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

fourthirtythree wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Jordi certainly drank like a man who was headed to Ulster next season.
I really f%~king hope not...
:?:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

rumblings that Henshaw is injured, along with Sexton and Nacewa. Fwiw.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:rumblings that Henshaw is injured, along with Sexton and Nacewa. Fwiw.
That's our 12 and cover gone.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Oldschool wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:rumblings that Henshaw is injured, along with Sexton and Nacewa. Fwiw.
That's our 12 and cover gone.
Ringrose/ROL for me.

But sets in the reality of next season, minus Nacewa to cover 12.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If that's true it also puts the pressure on Carbery as goalkicker, without McFadden or Nacewa to step in. Ringrose is a good goal kicker if needed but hasn't done much at senior level. Rob Kearney would be another option if Joey is struggling badly. Is Ross Byrne injured? Given his generally better goal kicking and the management's previous preference to have him at 10, I can see him being parachuted in, with Joey possibly on the bench again.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

neiliog93 wrote:If that's true it also puts the pressure on Carbery as goalkicker, without McFadden or Nacewa to step in. Ringrose is a good goal kicker if needed but hasn't done much at senior level. Rob Kearney would be another option if Joey is struggling badly. Is Ross Byrne injured? Given his generally better goal kicking and the management's previous preference to have him at 10, I can see him being parachuted in, with Joey possibly on the bench again.
Ross Byrne is fit I think.

Himself/Daly/Molony looked to be the 24th man on Saturday from what I could see.

Not sure who though.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Carbery has apparently become an accomplished goal kicker behind the scenes. Yet to be tested at serious match intensity, but they'll definitely have him kicking if he starts. If we don't have Henshaw or Nacewa at12, we have a serious problem I feel.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinsterlunatic wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:If that's true it also puts the pressure on Carbery as goalkicker, without McFadden or Nacewa to step in. Ringrose is a good goal kicker if needed but hasn't done much at senior level. Rob Kearney would be another option if Joey is struggling badly. Is Ross Byrne injured? Given his generally better goal kicking and the management's previous preference to have him at 10, I can see him being parachuted in, with Joey possibly on the bench again.

Himself/Daly/Molony looked to be the 24th man on Saturday from what I could see.

Not sure who though.
thats the nature of 24th man, you can have as many as you want, depending on who pulls up late.

Bent, McCarthy, Molony, Byrne, Daly were all there ready to step in just incase.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:

Not sure who though.
thats the nature of 24th man, you can have as many as you want, depending on who pulls up late.

Bent, McCarthy, Molony, Byrne, Daly were all there ready to step in just incase.
Who'd have covered hooker?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

the spoofer wrote:
Who'd have covered hooker?
doesn't seem like they had anyone to cover hooker..

BB was captaining A team, Strauss injured.