Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by Oldschool »

Lar wrote:Healy will also struggle at LH as well as being on the bench.
Well done - you spotted the deliberate error. :oops:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

D4surfer wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:Due to returns from Munster (!!!) some tickets will be on general sale from 10am tomorrow

Apparently to the Brave and Faithful facing the European Champions is a scary prospect
The brave and the faithful my h@le.
I+1

'll never forget them in their droves abandoning their team and leaving Lansdowne Road with a quarter of an hour of last year's Pro 12 final still on the clock.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Xanthippe wrote:Due to returns from Munster (!!!) some tickets will be on general sale from 10am tomorrow

Apparently to the Brave and Faithful facing the European Champions is a scary prospect
Communion season innit
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

RoboProp wrote:

Communion season innit
I read somewhere that the Munster faithful bought in the general sale last week & that's why they don't need their full allocation! Any truth in this do ye think? Shouldn't matter hopefully if we bring anything like the support in Bilbao, don't know how it came across on tv but seemed loud in the stadium..
Last edited by yellabelly1961 on May 14th, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

No panic lads...I think we are gonna do Munster on Sat....even without Henshaw, Sexton and ISA ( if that comes to be)....just feel no matter what we have too much up front. Ryan, Leavy and Fardy are playing astonishing rugby ATM and in the RDS the atmosphere is going to be........need I say it ??

I would go with:

McGrath, Tracey, Porter, Ryan, Toner, Fardy, Conan, Leavy.

Luke McG, Carbery, Ringers , Larmour.

Lowe, Kearney, O'Loughlin.

Bench: Healy,Cronin, Furlong, Ruddock, Nordi, Nick Mc, Daly, R.Byrne or Frawley if R.Byrne not fit.

Stay in the game for 45 mins and then unleash Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Jordi/Ruddock.....

Only question of course is Luke's fitness, needs to be okay....for the above to work, with the back injuries we really need Lowe on that pitch so have to chance it even if Luke is not 100%. Give the sub front row from Bilbao the job of emptying the tank for 45 mins and keeping us in the game. We will have enough in the pack to take Munster and if Carbery can perform it may keep him in Dublin......

And I am calling it now....Lowe is gonna have an absolute belter on the weekend and MOM....watching him in Bilbao after the whistle he was going crazy.....the energy is gonna spill out v Munster......
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Blueberry wrote:No panic lads...I think we are gonna do Munster on Sat....even without Henshaw, Sexton and ISA ( if that comes to be)....just feel no matter what we have too much up front. Ryan, Leavy and Fardy are playing astonishing rugby ATM and in the RDS the atmosphere is going to be........need I say it ??

I would go with:

Bench: Healy,Cronin, Furlong, Ruddock, Nordi, Nick Mc, Daly, R.Byrne or Frawley if R.Byrne not fit.

Stay in the game for 45 mins and then unleash Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Jordi/Ruddock.....

Only question of course is Luke's fitness, needs to be okay....for the above to work, with the back injuries we really need Lowe on that pitch so have to chance it even if Luke is not 100%. Give the sub front row from Bilbao the job of emptying the tank for 45 mins and keeping us in the game. We will have enough in the pack to take Munster and if Carbery can perform it may keep him in Dublin......

And I am calling it now....Lowe is gonna have an absolute belter on the weekend and MOM....watching him in Bilbao after the whistle he was going crazy.....the energy is gonna spill out v Munster......
Luke was dragging his leg as he went off. The video from the dressing room showed him struggling as well. I hope he’s fit but I wouldn’t be confident.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

D4surfer wrote:
Blueberry wrote:No panic lads...I think we are gonna do Munster on Sat....even without Henshaw, Sexton and ISA ( if that comes to be)....just feel no matter what we have too much up front. Ryan, Leavy and Fardy are playing astonishing rugby ATM and in the RDS the atmosphere is going to be........need I say it ??

I would go with:

Luke was dragging his leg as he went off. The video from the dressing room showed him struggling as well. I hope he’s fit but I wouldn’t be confident.
I know....but just hoping.....as I would love to have Fardy and Lowe on that pitch on Sat.....
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

If Sexton, ISA and Henshaw are out and Luke too..........I still feel we have to have Lowe on the pitch to free up Larmour to 13 - Ringers to 12 and Carbery 10...........and we need Lowe's quality, think he can make hay against the Munster backs.........

So JGP starts and Ruddock and Conan are gonna have to step up with Leavy and Jordi to cover back row......Fardy has been outstanding and one of the first names on my team sheet but needs must here and Lowe must play I feel if ISA, Henshaw and J10 are out......

It's about balance and not leaving the back line too exposed or lacking too much cutting edge.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

I think if there's any way at all that Isa can play, he will, even if he's a bit injured. Last two games of rugby ever and all that.

If that happens, suddenly a Joey-Isa-Gary midfield has a nice look about it.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Have to believethat JGP is first choice to generate the tempo essential to our game. LMcG not fit and lacking game time is what we need for this game, despite his knowlege / familiarity of Murray.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Mindset is the key to this. For our 6-toed cousins, this the biggest game of the season.
For us? Its not even the biggest game of the week.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Gary R should start at 12 with RO'L at 13. Gary is suitably experienced to carry RO'L in his natural position.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. Luke
10. Carbery
11. Lowe
12. Ringrose
13. ROL
14. Larmour
15. Kearney
16. Tracy
17. McGrath
18. Porter
19. Fardy
20. Murphy
21. McCarthy
22. Byrne
23. Daly
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. JGP
10. Byrne
11. Lowe
12. ROL
13. Ringrose
14. Daly
15. Kearney
16. Tracy
17. McGrath
18. Porter
19. Molony
20. Murphy
21. McCarthy
22. Carbery
23. Larmour
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. JGP
10. Byrne
11. Lowe
12. ROL
13. Ringrose
14. Daly
15. Kearney
16. Tracy
17. McGrath
18. Porter
19. Molony
20. Murphy
21. McCarthy
22. Carbery
23. Larmour
:lol: your nothing if not consist on your daly love.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Stuart Berry is the ref
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. JGP
10. Byrne
11. Lowe
12. ROL
13. Ringrose
14. Daly
15. Kearney
16. Tracy
17. McGrath
18. Porter
19. Molony
20. Murphy
21. McCarthy
22. Carbery
23. Larmour
:lol: your nothing if not consist on your daly love.
And ignorance of the 2 foreigner rule
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Just to bring a bit if common sense to the two out three predicament.
The pack will win this game.
With Luke unlikely to be fit, then JGP and Fardy get the call.
Lowe is defencively unsound and could cost us the game.
Get out best pack on the pitch and leave the flash stuff to Munster (don't hold your breath).
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Munster return tickets for big Leinster semi-final clash
Colm Kinsella, Rugby Correspondent 15 May 2018

MUNSTER has not taken up its full allocation of match tickets for Saturday’s glamour Guinness Pro14 semi-final showdown with arch rivals Leinster at the RDS Arena, 3.15pm.

Leinster Rugby has indicated that ‘due to returns from the away allocation’, additional tickets will be going on general sale for the big game from this Tuesday morning.

Munster were entitled to take up 25% of each ticket category for the semi-final showdown with European Champions Cup winners Leinster.

An additional 630 seats has been installed at the RDS which brings the capacity for the game to just shy of 19,000 on match day.

Munster’s ticket allocation for the game is of the order of 4,750.

Munster’s ticket allocation was distributed through PRO14 ticket holders across the Munster Rugby clubs, the Munster Rugby Supporters Club and 10 Year Ticket Holders.

These tickets returned by Munster are going on sale from leinsterrugby.ie from 10am, this Tuesday, May 15.

It is clear that a significant portion of Munster’s support at the game on Saturday will be made up of the province’s Dublin-based supporters.

Munster’s Pro14 semi-final play-off fixture against Edinburgh at Thomond Park earlier this month attracted an attendance of 10,205.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Seems like Munster might have a bit of a TH crisis brewing for the weekend. https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 07919.html