Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by blockhead »

The team that BP'd in TP
15. Jordan Larmour, 14. Barry Daly,13. Rory O’Loughlin,12. Robbie Henshaw,11. James Lowe,10. Ross Byrne
9. Jamison Gibson-Park
1. Jack McGrath (captain),2. James Tracy,3. Michael Bent,4. Devin Toner,5. James Ryan,6. Jordi Murphy
7. Dan Leavy8. Jack Conan
Replacements:
16. Richardt Strauss,17. Ed Byrne,18. Tadhg Furlong,19. Mick Kearney,20. Josh van der Flier,21. Nick McCarthy
22. Cathal Marsh,23. Noel Reid

That is a young backline. And only 6 of them started last weekend.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

If the IT is right re the starting side, the bench is gonna be interesting..... interesting to see if Fardy, Kearney etc are sitting there...

Looking at that IT backline if we can get some decent quick ball it could be lethal and Lowe is gonna be all over this game like a bad rash....Ringrose and Larmour will also enjoy a little more room than last weekend, Racing offside for half the bloody game in Bilbao and right up.....they will have a touch more room on Saturday I think and this could get messy for our southern cousins...
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinster (possible): J Carbery; J Larmour, G Ringrose, I Nacewa, J Lowe; R Byrne, L McGrath; J McGrath, S Cronin, T Furlong; D Toner, J Ryan; R Ruddock, J Murphy, J Conan.
bench of: Tracy, Healy, Porter, Fardy, Leavy, McCarthy, ROL, Daly, maybe?
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Leinster (possible): J Carbery; J Larmour, G Ringrose, I Nacewa, J Lowe; R Byrne, L McGrath; J McGrath, S Cronin, T Furlong; D Toner, J Ryan; R Ruddock, J Murphy, J Conan.
Or maybe a 6-2 split? Fardy Leavy and Deegan for example as I could see all of numbers 4 to 7 being gassed by the end and it would be some impact to have
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I think they'll be too worried about Luke McGrath not to put JGP on the bench. So Fardy is probably the one to miss out.

16.Tracy 17.Healy 18.Porter 19.Molony 20.Leavy 21.JGP 22.ROL 23.B.Daly

OR

16.Tracy 17.Healy 18.Porter 19.Molony 20.Leavy 21.Deegan 22.JGO 23.ROL
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

ChrisUppy wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Or maybe a 6-2 split? Fardy Leavy and Deegan for example as I could see all of numbers 4 to 7 being gassed by the end and it would be some impact to have
One of ROL or Reid will definitely bench. We know that. Carbery may cover 10, but we still need someone then to cover the back 3 in that case. And with Lukes recent injury we can't afford not to have a back up 9. So I can't see us going with a 6-2 on that basis. MIs bench would seem to make sense.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

molloyjh wrote:
ChrisUppy wrote: Or maybe a 6-2 split? Fardy Leavy and Deegan for example as I could see all of numbers 4 to 7 being gassed by the end and it would be some impact to have
One of ROL or Reid will definitely bench. We know that. Carbery may cover 10, but we still need someone then to cover the back 3 in that case. And with Lukes recent injury we can't afford not to have a back up 9. So I can't see us going with a 6-2 on that basis. MIs bench would seem to make sense.
If ROL benches then he could cover 12 - 14, Isa or Larmour could shift to 15 if Carbery needs to move to 10. MIs bench definitely makes sense too. All depends on who the coaches reckon can can make it the full 80 i guess.
neiliog93 wrote:I think they'll be too worried about Luke McGrath not to put JGP on the bench. So Fardy is probably the one to miss out.

16.Tracy 17.Healy 18.Porter 19.Molony 20.Leavy 21.JGP 22.ROL 23.B.Daly

OR

I've a feeling they'll risk the possibility of McCarthy coming on early. I think our forward replacements are going to need to provide maximum impact as Munster will be targetting the final 20 mins regardless of the score up to that point. And unfortunatey Molony is a bit of a passenger in that regard
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

All will depend on the way they view Luke's fitness, if ok I suspect they will go Fardy on the bench for grunt in the last half hour....otherwise it's JGP.

Personally think it would be great if we had Fardy and Leavy and Deegan to come on with 25/30 to go....high tempo and Rhys and Jack may not be 100 per cent match fit.

Having ISA at 12 is massive and Ringers, Larmour, Lowe and Carbery......tasty.....really looking forward to this now, bring it on....
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

neiliog93 wrote:I think they'll be too worried about Luke McGrath not to put JGP on the bench.

Poor old Jamison.

In the last few weeks on here, he's been JPG, JGB and - now - JGO.
At least the J is more or less a constant :)
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

I wonder if the team announcement will be delayed to give Isa as much time as possible?
Last edited by Leinsterlunatic on May 18th, 2018, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinsterlunatic wrote:I wonder if the team announcement will be delayed to give Ica as much time as possible?
highly unlikely..
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:I wonder if the team announcement will be delayed to give Ica as much time as possible?
If anything they'll just name him and pull him at the last minute if they need to I'd say.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Pedantic but he's one of our greatest players.. can you spell his name correctly please?
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

jimbobjoe wrote:Pedantic but he's one of our greatest players.. can you spell his name correctly please?
Typo, amended now.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

if cummiskeys team is right, and des berry has came out this morning saying Byrne at 10, Carbery at 15.. then i hope Fardy, Leavy, Healy are all on the bench.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

jimbobjoe wrote:Pedantic but he's one of our greatest players.. can you spell his name correctly please?
Next try to get everyone to spell Tadhg correctly. I tried before, but to no avail
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Laighin Break wrote:
Next try to get everyone to spell Tadhg correctly. I tried before, but to no avail
Maloney
Carberry
Gary Ringrose
Kev Mcglau....Kev
Contemponi

We're useless fans really :lol:
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:
Typo, amended now.
Thanks!
Laighin Break wrote:
Maybe Limecat can put in an 'insert Tadhg' button so we don't have to spell it :oops:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:
Maloney
Carberry
Gary Ringrose
Kev Mcglau....Kev
Contemponi

We're useless fans really :lol:
Rocky Elstrom - as my old man used to call him
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm