Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Okay it wasn't a fan who said it, but remember "Craig Ryland"? :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The Leinster Rugby team, sponsored by Bank of Ireland, to face Munster in tomorrow’s Guinness PRO14 Semi-Final has been named.

The game kicks off at the RDS Arena at 3.15pm and is completely sold out. The game will however be shown on SKY Sports, TG4 and will be on RTÉ Radio.

Head Coach Leo Cullen has recalled a number of players into the starting XV and the match day squad for the game but eight players in total retain their jersey from the Champions Cup Final with a further two positional changes, one in the backs and one in the forwards.

Joey Carbery will start at full back in the sold out PRO14 Semi-Final with Jordan Larmour and James Lowe on either wing.

In the centre Leinster will be captained for the last time at the RDS Arena by Isa Nacewa and he will be partnered by Garry Ringrose.

At half back, Luke McGrath will start at scrumhalf with Ross Byrne at ten.

In the pack Jack McGrath comes in to start and is joined by Seán Cronin and Tadhg Furlong.

It’s as you were in the second row with Devin Toner once again partnering James Ryan.

Finally, Rhys Ruddock and Jack Conan come in to start with Jordi Murphy moving to the openside from No. 8 in what will also be his last game in the RDS Arena.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Joey Carbery (35)
14. Jordan Larmour (20)
13. Garry Ringrose (48)
12. Isa Nacewa (183) CAPTAIN
11. James Lowe (11)
10. Ross Byrne (48)
9. Luke McGrath (93)
1. Jack McGrath (131)
2. Seán Cronin (151)
3. Tadhg Furlong (82)
4. Devin Toner (216)
5. James Ryan (13)
6. Rhys Ruddock (140)
7. Jordi Murphy (105)
8. Jack Conan (72)

16. James Tracy (64)
17. Cian Healy (189)
18. Andrew Porter (28)
19. Scott Fardy (20)
20. Max Deegan (20)
21. Nick McCarthy (26)
22. Rory O’Loughlin (40)
23. Barry Daly (26)

Referee: Stuart Berry (SARU)
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

More or less as predicted but no Leavy. Munster will be happy with that I'd say :(
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

No GPO.
I hope McGrath is fit.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

curates_egg wrote:No GPO.
I hope McGrath is fit.
And GTO had been :D playing so well too
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Is there anything actually wrong with Kearney or Leavy?
Ferg took Kearney out from behind in the celebrations last weekend - I hope he didn't knobble him.

This was the fixture last year (semi) where J10 stunk the place out, so it is a good opportunity for the young understudies...neither of whom has shown much in the latter half of this season to suggest they are ready to take over.
Last edited by curates_egg on May 18th, 2018, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Leavy is a huge loss, especially given that his impact off the bench could be important with that risky selection. Delighted for Deegan though, think he really deserves his place.

I'm slightly worried about our lineout, POM can target us there like Racing did at the start of the last game, but it's been good recently so hopefully we'll cope.

There are lots of unknowns IMO. Ruddock may not be sharp, Ross may not be at his best, and Isa might only be half fit, but if we end up being more positive than negative in those aspects then I think we'll win. It certainly won't be dull, can't wait!
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Munster: Simon Zebo; Andrew Conway, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Jack O’Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Ciaran Parker, Gerbrandt Grobler, Robin Copeland, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Darren Sweetnam

Should be a good game. Can't wait
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

I'm slightly worried about our lineout, POM can target us there like Racing did at the start of the last game, but it's been good recently so hopefully we'll cope.

What has generally gone uncommentated is how good Cronins throwing has become this year. Even under significant pressure in the final is was top quality
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I hope I don't jinx it but JOD at 7 is a big plus for us IMO.

I'd expect Dev, Ryan, and Ruddock to be on top of CJ all day long.

I'm not sure if we have anyone who can wind James Cronin up but I'd be looking to do it at every opportunity. Hard to imagine that John Ryan is anywhere near fit.

Hopefully Isa and Garry bring lots of line speed and cause havoc for JJ.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

What has generally gone uncommentated is how good Cronins throwing has become this year. Even under significant pressure in the final is was top quality
Agreed and given there were noises he may be looking for a move earlier this season, his name was one of those I was very happy to see on the contracted for next season list.
Four Stars
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Would be much more comfortable with RK and Leavy starting. I hope they're not just being rested for such a huge game.

Big game for Ross Byrne. A good showing here and he cements the 10 jersey. Hopefully it's more Ross Byrne of Thomond and Montpellier than Ross of the last few weeks (admittedly carrying an injury).

Having Isa at 12 to carry and Joey to step in on quick ball should help him.

I think we'll see a lot of pace on the ball from us like at Xmas. If it goes well, could be a vintage performance. If our forwards don't show up, it could be something very different.

Bring it on...
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

A shame that Grobler will likely get to play in the RDS. Compounding the shameful handling of the signing by the IRFU.

There are widespread rumours (and public allegations) about rife doping in the Safa system. Against this background, I find it distasteful that our opponents this weekend - with the full approval of the IRFU - are continuing to aggressively recruit from that system. I hope we never become like that - from South Africa or elsewhere.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Leinster Rugby wrote:...Jordi Murphy moving to the openside from No. 8 in what will also be his last game in the RDS Arena.
...in blue. For now.

Big game for Jack Conan. He always has the measure of Stander imo, and here's hoping he puts in one of his famous (that haven't been seen as of late) Conan shifts.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

Would have preferred Leavy & Kearney on the bench. Are they injured?
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Not surprised that Leavy has been given a break - he gave it all last Saturday. I guess Nick needs some big game time otherwise he cant learn (which he does need to). The overall team has what it takes to win - if we are up for it!! Hopefully the experience of the Ospreys and Munster last time will stand to us. It is seriously hard to get up for a game given the emotional relief after last Saturday. But all that said - this group seem very "unemotional" or controlled so I am optimistic.

And anyway , we cant let our southern brethren beat us !!! it will be an insult to the 4th Star and the lads will be emotional about that!!

Fortunately we will be able to shout "Allez les bleus" this week :D
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Cormac wrote: Rocky Elstrom - as my old man used to call him
He probably got it from that setanta (now eir) commentator who can pronounce every letter in the alphabet correctly except O.

He always said Rocky Elstrom too
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Laighin Break wrote:
Leinster Rugby wrote:...Jordi Murphy moving to the openside from No. 8 in what will also be his last game in the RDS Arena.
...in blue. For now.

Big game for Jack Conan. He always has the measure of Stander imo, and here's hoping he puts in one of his famous (that haven't been seen as of late) Conan shifts.
If Jack picks up where he left off vs Racing, we should be in for a massive rumble between himself and CJ. Bring - it - on!!!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:Pedantic but he's one of our greatest players.. can you spell his name correctly please?
Typo, amended now.
Thanks!
Laighin Break wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:Pedantic but he's one of our greatest players.. can you spell his name correctly please?
Next try to get everyone to spell Tadhg correctly. I tried before, but to no avail
Maybe Limecat can put in an 'insert Tadhg' button so we don't have to spell it :oops:
The proper final letter of Tadhg is easy if you always remember to Thank God he plays for us :wink:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

That's a serious Munster line-up, will be a cracking game

Hoping our backrow have a big big game, they should be up for it.