Girve to Bath

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Girve to Bath

Post by mildlyinterested »

Breaking: Girvan Dempsey to depart #LeinsterRugby to join the @bathrugby coaching team
Triskaidekaphobia
Bookworm

Re: Girve to Bath

Post by Triskaidekaphobia »

GIRVAN DEMPSEY JOINS BATH RUGBY AS ATTACK COACH - https://www.bathrugby.com/club-news/gir ... ack-coach/
Last edited by Triskaidekaphobia on May 14th, 2018, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have Bumbleflex
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

mildlyinterested wrote:Breaking: Girvan Dempsey to depart #LeinsterRugby to join the @bathrugby coaching team
I was only reading through an old thread today and saw that Girve only signed for one year when all the others signed for two.

I think it is a good move for him and can see why he would want to try a different experience. It is great that he has gone out as a European Cup winning coach and done it with so many guys he brought through the academy. He seems to get little credit for what we have achieved but like Leo he was always a team player and never seeked the limelight so that is probably true of his coaching career as well.

Hopefully he can bring his new experiences and knowledge back here again someday.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Breaking up a successful coaching team is not good news, but an understandable career move for him as he'll probably have more influence over there. You get the sense that Lancaster does a lot of the backs' work with the team anyway, which is maybe why Girv is leaving. In his roles with the backs and academy he contributed a lot to Leinster, hopefully will be back on these shores one day. A guy who sets the 'culture' right in the same level-headed, humble and earnest way as Leo.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 (:
Mackeroo
Beginner

Post by Mackeroo »

Girv has been brilliant with Leinster between his work with the A's and the full squad. Disappointing that he's moving on but he goes out on a high and I wish him all the best for the future.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Ah FFS.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Pity he's gone but hopefully it works out for him. It'll be weird seeing him in a tracksuit which isn't Leinster or Ireland.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Well b*ll*x! And this day started off so good too :(

Maybe Isa can be convinced to take over. Soften the blow!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Well b*ll*x! And this day started off so good too :(

Isa going back to NZ.

Did it start off good? Henshaw season likely over, Sexton/Nacewa very doubtful for semi.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Dislike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coolbawn
Beginner

Post by coolbawn »

Popular on Bath forum, not surprisingly:

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 9,16333515
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Well b*ll*x! And this day started off so good too :(

Isa going back to NZ.

Did it start off good? Henshaw season likely over, Sexton/Nacewa very doubtful for semi.
Exactly! that Henshaw/Sexton/Isa news was only confirmed about an hour ago. Until then everything was grand. Then throw Girv leaving in on top of that.......

And yes, I know Isa has planned to go back to NZ, that's why I said "convinced". Joe was leaving Leinster to go back to NZ too, but he was convinced to stay.
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

Bah, that's a bit shite.

I wish him the best of course, Bath have a great tradition of playing good rugby, let's hope he develops further and returns to Leinster some day

Girve the Swerve.. we salute you!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Good luck to him.
Bath have qualified for the ERC next season so you never know..
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Not a big surprise but disappointing. Hopefully he will be back. Good luck to him, except if we are playing them.

I always wonder how this works for the coaches family. Will he commute like Lancaster or do kids need to move school and other-halves move jobs. It is a tough career requiring travel abroad if you want to progress.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I feel responsible for this...yesterday I said that I was surprised other clubs weren't chasing him and now this.

As others have said, obviously did a great job in the academy and then did brilliantly to improve our attack after MOC. A true Leinster legend and hope we see him back here in the not too distant future. He's always been fairly media shy so not sure if he actually wants a head coach role, but it certainly looks like two or three seasons abroad could see him ready for a head coach role in Ireland. He's only 42 and has a good deal of experience already.
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Freeing up a role for ISA ISA ISA

Not sure how highly rated Dempsey is by Cullen.