Yes they have - 6 times.
I have Bumbleflex
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Post by artaneboy »

wixfjord wrote:
Oldschool wrote:Ah jaysus lads.
I thought we'd be good for a BP away win at Bath until I saw the weather forecast and heard what the state of the pitch was, at which point I said I'd be happy with a win.
That was before the game, that's context.
At this point in time I would be confident that we will beat Toulouse and if it's a dry day a BP is on.
Toulouse are not going to meet too many teams as good as Leinster and right now Toulon aren't one of them.
Always remember "one game at a time", who knows what injuries or suspensions either team may be hit with between now and the Toulouse game.
Absolutely, I don't think it's arrogance or complacency at all. Not for the Bath game and not for Toulouse. Like I said at the time, we're the best team in Europe, it's what we should be aiming for.
I think Toulouse are better than Bath, but I think at home we're better than Toulouse.

I'm just teasing at the inconsistency of artaneboy saying that about people who thought we should win well and possible BP Bath away in the lead up to that game and then doing the exact same thing two weeks out from Toulouse. :lol:
Exact same thing? Yes of course that’s the “exact same thing”... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

As far as I can check we haven't lost at the RDS in January in European competition to anybody. We lost to Sale years ago in Lansdowne Road and drew 34-34 with Edinburgh, also years ago. But RDS in January remains our fortress.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote:Also. No French team has ever won at the RDS..... Yet
Yes they have - 6 times.
The Aga Khan Cup maybe?
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Toulouse and Stade Francais in Donnybrook.
Perpignan, Clermont and Toulon in LR.

There may be a 6th. I'll have a look. But none of them in the RDS
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

John23 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote:Also. No French team has ever won at the RDS..... Yet
Yes they have - 6 times.
The Aga Khan Cup maybe?
Bingo!
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

:lol:

Jaysus you have to be careful. Forgot to include "In Rugby" there.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

johng wrote:Toulouse and Stade Francais in Donnybrook.

There wasn't.

Interesting thing I noticed was that our last game v Bath saw the 3 millionth supporter to watch Leinster live in European Competition.

Also. Leicester are our most played opponent with 11 games against. However Next week is our 11th game v Toulouse.

And. If you include the Challenge cup the following week will be our 11th v Wasps
Last edited by johng on January 2nd, 2019, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:As far as I can check we haven't lost at the RDS in January in European competition to anybody. We lost to Sale years ago in Lansdowne Road and drew 34-34 with Edinburgh, also years ago. But RDS in January remains our fortress.
IIRC that 34-34 with Edinburgh was in Donnybrook.
We had them well beaten, they started to run the ball from everywhere and we panicked (soft boy era)
It cost us a place in the QF.
How times have changed, although I still hanker after the Donnybrook days where the likes of Hickie, Drico's and D'Arce made their debuts, nothing soft about those lads.
Trevor Brennan knocking (tackling) spots off the opposition.
New Year's resolution, get that f^cking time machine working.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

johng wrote:

There wasn't.

Interesting thing I noticed was that our last game v Bath saw the 3 millionth supporter to watch Leinster live in European Competition.

Also. Leicester are our most played opponent with 11 games against. However Next week is our 11th game v Toulouse.

And. If you include the Challenge cup the following week will be our 11th v Wasps
We've also played Bath 11 times
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Was very relieved that nobody died or were injured by flags at the Bath V Leicester game. Keep up the good work Bath
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

cormac wrote:
johng wrote:

There wasn't.

We've also played Bath 11 times
So 3 games in a row when we equal our record
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

leinsterfan100 wrote:So Toulouse thumped Toulon 39-0 tonight to go 11 games unbeaten in all comps. I know Toulon are a shadow of their former selves, but they had picked up a bit of form in recent weeks nonetheless.

Going up against a team who are playing some great rugby, are unbeaten in 11 games, have the same amount of European titles as us, and are occupying no. 1 spot in our group - surely this is the biggest home game we've had at this group stage of the comp for some years now?

.....I can't wait!!
Straight after going to Clermont (who are not a shadow of their former selves, and are topping the Top14) and holding them to a draw, which not many teams do in Clermont.

I said back in October, but this season looks to be the long-awaited renaissance of Toulouse. I was chatting to a couple of Toulousain friends I have today and they are obviously over the moon. They seem to be hopeful about their trip to the RDS, without being arrogant or expectant.

It is set to be a cracker, and I only hope I manage to find a ticket - after cocking up my attempt to get one, after booking flights home.

Does anyone know if the touts who hang out on the corner of Anglesea Road and Ballsbridge are sheisters?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leicester. Lost 6 won 5

Bath. Lost 2 won 9

Toulouse. Lost 6 won 4

Wasps. Lost 4 won 5 with 1 draw. Only away win was in the Challenge cup.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Post by artaneboy »

curates_egg wrote:
leinsterfan100 wrote:So Toulouse thumped Toulon 39-0 tonight to go 11 games unbeaten in all comps. I know Toulon are a shadow of their former selves, but they had picked up a bit of form in recent weeks nonetheless.

Going up against a team who are playing some great rugby, are unbeaten in 11 games, have the same amount of European titles as us, and are occupying no. 1 spot in our group - surely this is the biggest home game we've had at this group stage of the comp for some years now?

.....I can't wait!!
Straight after going to Clermont (who are not a shadow of their former selves, and are topping the Top14) and holding them to a draw, which not many teams do in Clermont.

I said back in October, but this season looks to be the long-awaited renaissance of Toulouse. I was chatting to a couple of Toulousain friends I have today and they are obviously over the moon. They seem to be hopeful about their trip to the RDS, without being arrogant or expectant.

It is set to be a cracker, and I only hope I manage to find a ticket - after cocking up my attempt to get one, after booking flights home.

Does anyone know if the touts who hang out on the corner of Anglesea Road and Ballsbridge are sheisters?
Jaysus man- they’re touts! They’ll do you no favours.

But no judgement and in your situation I have bought tickets off them previously. Exactly what you’d expect: paid well over the odds but the tickets were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

curates_egg wrote:

.....I can't wait!!

I can sort you with a ticket if you like Curates.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

CiaranIrl wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

.....I can't wait!!

I can sort you with a ticket if you like Curates.
Thanks for the message. Was starting to get a bit nervous.
Tickets on ticket exchange are gone within minutes of being put up.
Great to see the interest!
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

I'm looking for one North Stand ticket if anyone has one, please. I've a season ticket myself so am OK, but I'm looking to bring someone along. Thanks.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Mate has 2 in block A. Think they are about 40 bucks each.tickets gone
Last edited by johng on January 3rd, 2019, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

johng wrote:Mate has 2 in block A. Think they are about 40 bucks each.
Cheers. Will try and hold out for a single ticket in the North Stand but will PM you if I'm stuck nearer the time.