Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

D4surfer
Mullet

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Post by D4surfer »

mildlyinterested wrote:Happy enough with that. I wonder which team they will want in the Aviva.. assume Toulouse?
The one with the biggest travelling support. My guess is Bath.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Famous last words but we should win that comfortably unless we have an injury crisis...and given recent events I'd put a large sum of money on Sexton and Ross Byrne contracting the plague or something.

Bath already have terrible injury problems don't they?
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

On first glance you would think that second in our group should have enough points to get to quarters.
Groups 2 4 5 look like all will take points off each other.
A home quarter looks very attainable all things being equal
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Avoided Toulon at least.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

assume the media will label Munster's group as the "pool of death" as they've done every other year ?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:Happy enough with that. I wonder which team they will want in the Aviva.. assume Toulouse?
Almost certainly Bath as they have supporters likely to travel - possibly 5-7k. Nobody else will bring anything near that in the weekend before Christmas. Also BT Sport will want Leinster v an English club for their prime slot that weekend so possibly k.o. @ 5.15 or later.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Famous last words but we should win that comfortably unless we have an injury crisis...and given recent events I'd put a large sum of money on Sexton and Ross Byrne contracting the plague or something.

And the players mostly hate the club owner apparently. Seem like a great bunch of lads tbh.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Nothing for the Irish clubs to be overly despondent about in either draw - Ulster probably the toughest all things considered, but all four teams can do well
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

paddyor wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Famous last words but we should win that comfortably unless we have an injury crisis...and given recent events I'd put a large sum of money on Sexton and Ross Byrne contracting the plague or something.

And the players mostly hate the club owner apparently. Seem like a great bunch of lads tbh.
To be fair, we hate our owners too :wink:
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
paddyor wrote:

To be fair, we hate our owners too :wink:
Well played Sir! :clap:
Four Stars
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Almost every other Club bar Edinburgh and Newcastle will be delighted to see Montpellier & Toulon in the same group.

Castres, & Exeter have both made noises about giving Europe a real go next Season so the order of games will be vital. Munster may be tempted by number of Exeter supporters to choose them as back to back. But they'd be better going for Gloucester and having them first in TP.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Wasps as Tier 2 not be favourites for Dec in LR?
EarthGorilla
Beginner

Post by EarthGorilla »

Ruckedtobits wrote: Munster may be tempted by number of Exeter supporters to choose them as back to back. But they'd be better going for Gloucester and having them first in TP.
Is it not done 1st seed vs 2nd seed? And 3rd vs 4? Which would make our back to back Wasps and theirs Gloucester?

When will fixtures be announced?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

johng wrote:Wasps as Tier 2 not be favourites for Dec in LR?
Probably not John as filthy lucre has been the prime motivator in this decision up to now. Trying to get 52.400 bums on seats a week before Christmas has never proved easy. But This game, and hopefully a Home Q/F determine whether Leinster turn a surplus annually. That's how the minds work when looking at the options.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Booked Coventry and Bath over December just in case !.
Flying wedge
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Tough, tough draw. Hard to see an easy pool though except maybe Munster's.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

EarthGorilla wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote: Munster may be tempted by number of Exeter supporters to choose them as back to back. But they'd be better going for Gloucester and having them first in TP.
Is it not done 1st seed vs 2nd seed? And 3rd vs 4? Which would make our back to back Wasps and theirs Gloucester?

When will fixtures be announced?
No. It's totally a matter between Broadcasters and the teams. Teams with the biggest clout or advertising spend have most influence with Broadcasters and as we invariable bring a game to Aviva with 52k capacity in weekend before Christmas, we usually get a fairly free hand from Broadcasters as to who we choose for back-to-back games. The French broadcasters, Bein, tend to target their blockbuster games for Sunday afternoon so they usually do a deal with BT / Sky to support whichever games they want to split on a Sat. e.g.Clermont v Sarries @ 16.15 on Sunday was Bein's big game in the Christmas round last season.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

offshorerules wrote:Tough, tough draw. Hard to see an easy pool though except maybe Munster's.
Saracens?
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:Nothing for the Irish clubs to be overly despondent about in either draw - Ulster probably the toughest all things considered, but all four teams can do well
The Connacht group looks the toughest in the Challenge cup. I think the Ulster group will take points off each other with only one qualifier in Racing.

If Munster avoid Castres first up, they've a great chance of winning the group outright and getting a home semi final.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

paddyor wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Nothing for the Irish clubs to be overly despondent about in either draw - Ulster probably the toughest all things considered, but all four teams can do well
The Connacht group looks the toughest in the Challenge cup. I think the Ulster group will take points off each other with only one qualifier in Racing.

If Munster avoid Castres first up, they've a great chance of winning the group outright and getting a home semi final.
Are you suggesting the Nigels will give Munster a bye directly into the semis if they win their Group? Somehow I doubt it.
Four Stars