Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby neill_m » June 11th, 2018, 10:48 am

2pm start time for the draws on the 20th, doing the Challenge Cup first.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 979
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Xanthippe » June 11th, 2018, 5:21 pm

neill_m wrote:2pm start time for the draws on the 20th, doing the Challenge Cup first.


Assume that 2pm is local time in Switzerland so we'll have our usual lunchtime appointment at the desk to figure out the permutations?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 3703
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby neill_m » June 11th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Xanthippe wrote:
neill_m wrote:2pm start time for the draws on the 20th, doing the Challenge Cup first.


Assume that 2pm is local time in Switzerland so we'll have our usual lunchtime appointment at the desk to figure out the permutations?


Sorry, 2pm Irish Time.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 979
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Xanthippe » June 12th, 2018, 4:34 pm

neill_m wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
neill_m wrote:2pm start time for the draws on the 20th, doing the Challenge Cup first.


Assume that 2pm is local time in Switzerland so we'll have our usual lunchtime appointment at the desk to figure out the permutations?


Sorry, 2pm Irish Time.


Aw cr@p that's not a great time - so much easier to watch during lunch than during work hours.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 3703
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Andrew097 » June 19th, 2018, 6:47 am

We might have lost one to many quality players to win this pot. Any injuries might just be the tipping point.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
User avatar
Andrew097
Bookworm
 
Posts: 106
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 10:52 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby neill_m » June 19th, 2018, 12:00 pm

So the Heineken draw is tomorrow from 2pm (Irish Time), below is list of possible groups in terms of teams from Pots 1-3 and in brackets the scenario from the mini draw to decide which league's 2nd and 4th placed sides are placed in Pot 2:

Leinster, Wasps, Toulouse (Pro 14, Prem, T14)
Leinster, Racing 92, Tigers (Pro 14, Prem, T14)
Leinster, Racing 92, Newcastle (Pro 14, T14)
Leinster, Wasps, Lyon (Pro 14, Prem)
Leinster, Newcastle, Lyon (Prem, T14)
Leinster, Exeter, Lyon (Prem)
Leinster, Exeter, Toulouse (Prem)
Leinster, Newcastle, Toulouse (Prem)
Leinster, Montpellier, Newcastle (T14)
Leinster, Montpellier, Tigers (T14)
Leinster, Lyon, Tigers (T14)

Equal chance of drawing Gloucester/Cardiff/Bath/Toulon from Pot 4
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 979
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Lar » June 19th, 2018, 1:01 pm

No easy Groups. Some a little easier than others. But none are made any easier by drawing Toulon from Pot 4. Definitely the team to avoid from that Pot.
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby TerenureJim » June 20th, 2018, 8:19 am

Sad day not having the possibility of Clermont, a team in so many ways you hate to get but also as a Leinster fan love to get.
User avatar
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5262
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby footrush » June 20th, 2018, 8:24 am

neill_m wrote:So the Heineken draw is tomorrow from 2pm (Irish Time), below is list of possible groups in terms of teams from Pots 1-3 and in brackets the scenario from the mini draw to decide which league's 2nd and 4th placed sides are placed in Pot 2:

Leinster, Wasps, Toulouse (Pro 14, Prem, T14)
Leinster, Racing 92, Tigers (Pro 14, Prem, T14)
Leinster, Racing 92, Newcastle (Pro 14, T14)
Leinster, Wasps, Lyon (Pro 14, Prem)
Leinster, Newcastle, Lyon (Prem, T14)
Leinster, Exeter, Lyon (Prem)
Leinster, Exeter, Toulouse (Prem)
Leinster, Newcastle, Toulouse (Prem)
Leinster, Montpellier, Newcastle (T14)
Leinster, Montpellier, Tigers (T14)
Leinster, Lyon, Tigers (T14)

Equal chance of drawing Gloucester/Cardiff/Bath/Toulon from Pot 4

I’ll take Bath from pool 4 please ?.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2167
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Andrew097 » June 20th, 2018, 8:32 am

One thing for sure a lot of teams are going to be unhappy they draw Leinster.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
User avatar
Andrew097
Bookworm
 
Posts: 106
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 10:52 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby neill_m » June 20th, 2018, 8:56 am

footrush wrote:
neill_m wrote:So the Heineken draw is tomorrow from 2pm (Irish Time), below is list of possible groups in terms of teams from Pots 1-3 and in brackets the scenario from the mini draw to decide which league's 2nd and 4th placed sides are placed in Pot 2:

Leinster, Wasps, Toulouse (Pro 14, Prem, T14)
Leinster, Racing 92, Tigers (Pro 14, Prem, T14)
Leinster, Racing 92, Newcastle (Pro 14, T14)
Leinster, Wasps, Lyon (Pro 14, Prem)
Leinster, Newcastle, Lyon (Prem, T14)
Leinster, Exeter, Lyon (Prem)
Leinster, Exeter, Toulouse (Prem)
Leinster, Newcastle, Toulouse (Prem)
Leinster, Montpellier, Newcastle (T14)
Leinster, Montpellier, Tigers (T14)
Leinster, Lyon, Tigers (T14)

Equal chance of drawing Gloucester/Cardiff/Bath/Toulon from Pot 4

I’ll take Bath from pool 4 please ?.


Lovely place to visit for a rugby weekend. Toulon is the one to avoid in Pot 4.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 979
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Oldschool » June 20th, 2018, 10:10 am

Andrew097 wrote:One thing for sure a lot of teams are going to be unhappy they draw Leinster.

+1
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 12382
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby domhnallj » June 20th, 2018, 10:24 am

toon, toon, tooooon!


(if only to see you lot trying in vain to get a half time pint :wink: )
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby bluemagic » June 20th, 2018, 12:30 pm

The key is to avoid Toloun as the 4th seed. Hopefully Munster draw them.

Exeter and Racing getting drawn into the 1st seed pot would be good as well as it means that we avoid both in our pool.

If Munster drew Exeter, Racing, Toloun I would be so happy I wouldn’t care what we drew.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
User avatar
bluemagic
Enlightened
 
Posts: 774
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby domhnallj » June 20th, 2018, 12:48 pm

How do we follow the draw? Twitter, FB?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby jimbobjoe » June 20th, 2018, 12:51 pm

domhnallj wrote:How do we follow the draw? Twitter, FB?


https://www.epcrugby.com/video/video-20 ... raws-live/
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
jimbobjoe
Mullet
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: September 16th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby wixfjord » June 20th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Newcastle, Lyon and Glos from Pool 4 would be a fantastic draw. Two new spots to visit and an old fave too.

(Albeit, I do wonder if a so called handier draw actually benefits you over the long term, since it may mean a lack of battle hardness if you get through?

Lein, Wasps, Toulouse, Bath would be a cracker of a group also. Some old foes there!
wixfjord
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5406
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » June 20th, 2018, 1:28 pm

You think that's our only chance to visit Newcastle?
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 12920
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby Peg Leg » June 20th, 2018, 1:33 pm

bluemagic wrote:The key is to avoid Toloun as the 4th seed. Hopefully Munster draw them.

Exeter and Racing getting drawn into the 1st seed pot would be good as well as it means that we avoid both in our pool.

If Munster drew Exeter, Racing, Toloun I would be so happy I wouldn’t care what we drew.
If we are to meet Toulon in the HEC next year I want to meet them in the group where I think we can beat the over 2 legs.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 9273
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Postby footrush » June 20th, 2018, 1:38 pm

wixfjord wrote:Newcastle, Lyon and Glos from Pool 4 would be a fantastic draw. Two new spots to visit and an old fave too.

(Albeit, I do wonder if a so called handier draw actually benefits you over the long term, since it may mean a lack of battle hardness if you get through?

Lein, Wasps, Toulouse, Bath would be a cracker of a group also. Some old foes there!

+1
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2167
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 2 guests