A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

molloyjh
Mullet

Re: Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 6PM Aviva Stadium

Post by molloyjh »

Oldschool wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
Oldschool wrote:Better treatment of season ticket holders perhaps?
By who? We aren't Pro14 STHs and, at the risk of being repetitive, this isn't a Leinster event. We are Leinster customers. Leinster have no power on the price of tickets for the final. They can't do anything for us. This kind of complaint isn't a million miles away from the Welsh "neutral venue" type complaint in that it's completely divorced from reality.

As for the TM issues, I logged in initially on the phone and saw nothing but corner seats. So I logged in on desktop and saw a far larger selection of seats there. Seems to be a mobile vs desktop issue to some degree at least.
By the Pro14 of the fans of the two finalists.
My complaint has nothing to do with the price of the tickets.
It's all about location, location and location.
I got mine on Saturday at 7:25 right on the 22. A group of us bought 19 in total and all got tickets beside or in front of each other there. They were upper tier, but I prefer that in the Aviva. The lower tier views can be a bit cr@p.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

molloyjh wrote:
By who? We aren't Pro14 STHs and, at the risk of being repetitive, this isn't a Leinster event. We are Leinster customers. Leinster have no power on the price of tickets for the final. They can't do anything for us. This kind of complaint isn't a million miles away from the Welsh "neutral venue" type complaint in that it's completely divorced from reality.

As for the TM issues, I logged in initially on the phone and saw nothing but corner seats. So I logged in on desktop and saw a far larger selection of seats there. Seems to be a mobile vs desktop issue to some degree at least.
I think this is the kind of thing that Leinster and the supporters' clubs of the teams in the Pro14 should be raising. There was a war on ticket pricing in the UK from supporters in football and it made a difference. The reality is that support wise, Irish teams carry this tournament and we have clout and in my opinion we should use it.

Also from an OLSC pespective, it'd be great to see them link with supporters clubs across the league and let the league and it's sponsors know how they feel about pricing. Same for the Champions Cup later stages. If the likes of Turkish Airlines, Guinness, BOI, Specsavers etc believed that supporters felt ripped off their influence could be brought to the fore.

Ticket pricing is only one component of this general theme in my view, the extortionate treatment of fans for the Champions Cup Final in Bilbao was disgraceful.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

according to Newstalk, Henshaw still has a chance of making Saturday - will believe it when I see it.
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Well, got my STH email. But if any Blazer from Leinster thinks I love my fellow supporters enough to pay €80 to watch a final from Section 330 or €60 to watch it from the high 500's, they're dreaming.

Having seen the previous pattern of 'conning' Leinster supporters to pay for 'diagonal' corner seats and then 'late releasing' better seats later for comparable prices (in both EPCR s/f and final), let them go and locate 52,000 other fans.

Just a reminder, this is the Stadium where Leinster fans make up 72 - 78% of every International rugby audience. This is the Stadium to which our Club donates €400,000 twice a year before we pay for a ticket (Munster game and EPCR q/f when we qualify). We, that is Leinster fans, have already paid for this Stadium through the nose. Are these guys not watching what's going on internationally in lots of team sports. Fans are voting with their feet against being screwed on Ticket prices whilst Clubs (or Unions) pocket the TV monies and shovel in on to Player Contracts.

This punter will pay €80 for a ticket between the 22m lines and shout my heart out for the Boys in Blue. Alternatively, this punter will pay (nothing extra) for his TV and seat with a few mates with some beers, make our own atmosphere, and then cheer on the 'Pool to beat the Galacticos without disturbing our arses.

C'mon Leinster, don't take us for Gobs#*÷#@ and try to con us that 20,000 avid Dragons, Zebre and Cheetahs etc. fans have already bought the prime seats in Dublin, sight unseen, for the last weekend in May. We recognise that Scarlets may travel again with up to 7,000 fans, but that still leaves a lot of spaces and there isn't that many Blazers and Sponsors to be accomodated.

If this is an unjustified rant, no doubt the CEO of Pro14, who got plenty of column inches this weekend talking up what a great job they're doing in building the Competition, will probably release a Statement early tomorrow morning confirming how they have already sold 42,000 tickets and the only ones unsold are allocated to Scarlets and Leinster fans. Frankly, that's an unlikely outcome.
I got my tickets through the STH link at 7:15pm on Saturday the interactive map was working a treat and our group ended up with 6 in section 105 (east stand near halfway) for €75 including fees. I think that's reasonable for a final and this comes from a normally stingy terrace dweller!!
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

molloyjh wrote:

I think this was the case, I initially used my phone and same poor seats, but then switched to the laptop and had the full seat map available and got decent seats. That's a Ticketbasta*d issue and it's why we pay the big bucks in fees to them for this great service!!! :roll: :roll:
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Well there is also history there, given how season ticket holders are thrown into the shittest seats available in the Aviva for the other two matches a year.

Looks like both ticketb*sta*d and Leinster rugby will happily screw the ST holders in order to ensure that the more attractive seats are available to the buying public.
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

Logorrhea wrote:Well there is also history there, given how season ticket holders are thrown into the shittest seats available in the Aviva for the other two matches a year.

Looks like both ticketb*sta*d and Leinster rugby will happily screw the ST holders in order to ensure that the more attractive seats are available to the buying public.
Oh i'm quite familiar with the history, I've been caught out too many times (including this years EPRC semi-final), just noting that in this instance, for me, there certainly wasn't any element of it. I logged on using the link and got the seat map on the laptop within 5mins of the sales period opening, that is not usually the case, normally you have to wait a couple of hours for the map.

The mobile issue seems a new one, and I guess comes in part from people still being out celebrating and wanting to get the tickets so only using the app. It'd be interesting to know if using the full site on the phone would've had the same limited ticket options.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote:
“Every time Sexton gets the ball put him on the deck. Even if he’s passed and it’s a little bit late put him on the deck all the time," Davies told the Scrum V show on Sunday.

"He’s the key and the man who orchestrates everything. He runs the show, gets the ball in his hands on so many occasions. Once he passes you don’t have to be really late because he does play flat and takes the hits.

“Once he takes it, if you’ve a chance to have a shot on him, put a shot on him put him on the floor and you stay on top of him for a couple of seconds. And when you’ve got the ball run over him and target him because he likes a tackle.”
Jonathan Davies.
Guy's an absolute tool, IMO. Of all the commentators, I think he's the worst. He spends his whole time screaming "go wide, go wide" and pointing out where players and teams have taken the wrong - in his inestimable opinion - option. He must be carrying an awful chip on his shoulder, that he continuously feels the need to regale us with his superior (sic) rugby knowledge.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

riocard911 wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
“Every time Sexton gets the ball put him on the deck. Even if he’s passed and it’s a little bit late put him on the deck all the time," Davies told the Scrum V show on Sunday.

"He’s the key and the man who orchestrates everything. He runs the show, gets the ball in his hands on so many occasions. Once he passes you don’t have to be really late because he does play flat and takes the hits.

“Once he takes it, if you’ve a chance to have a shot on him, put a shot on him put him on the floor and you stay on top of him for a couple of seconds. And when you’ve got the ball run over him and target him because he likes a tackle.”
Jonathan Davies.
Guy's an absolute tool, IMO. Of all the commentators, I think he's the worst. He spends his whole time screaming "go wide, go wide" and pointing out where players and teams have taken the wrong - in his inestimable opinion - option. He must be carrying an awful chip on his shoulder, that he continuously feels the need to regale us with his superior (sic) rugby knowledge.
I presumed mildly was talking about Fox not Jiffy?

It is hardly ground breaking, it is what teams have been doing to Sexton for years, Saracens most recently were at it the whole game. He is complimenting Sexton if anything.

EDIT:It seems it was Jiffy.
Last edited by OTT on May 21st, 2018, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

And guaranteeing one defender will by definition be taken out every time Sexton passes the ball.
Four Stars
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Loved Jiffy as a player and I find his analysis very entertaining
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Jiffy lives in Wales. Jiffy knows to play to his base. Must be contract renewal time over at the Beeb.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Leinster looked a little tired against Munster. That was to be expected due to the come-down from the European final and also due to the physicality which Munster brought to the game. I expect, however, that Leinster will be near their best for the Pro 14 final. Scarlets will be better than they were for the European Semi Final but I can see our pack winning the game for us.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

molloyjh wrote:

I got screwed over for the SF just gone with the pre release. The only tickets available for me to buy were at the front of the Anglesea between the try and dead ball line. You can't the south east corner of the pitch at all. Yet somehow there were Munster fans all over the South stand were I actually wanted to buy.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

I don't think it was mobile v laptop. The seats available at 7 had been available all day as the remnants of the public sale. The leinster allocation were better seats at an unadvertised discount but they weren't made available until after 7:05. The fastest finger first fans got shafted.
Summer is ready when you are

ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

I've had to switch from an iPhone to laptop as the ticket master site wouldn't load a seat map at all for Ireland games in aviva. Some questions need to be asked about the ticket policy
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Will the stadium sell out for this match?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Angelsea Angst wrote:Will the stadium sell out for this match?
Don't think so tbh. Which is massively dissappointing. A lot of fans will be making up family time for "the road" to Bilbao. It's just not the event we like it to be.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Andrew097
Bookworm

Post by Andrew097 »

Leinster looked like they were running on fumes, Scarlets looked more than comfortable soaking up Glasgows best then hitting them with a few classy sucker punches. Scarlets are a better far more dangerous team than Munster, unless Leinster can find that extra European intensity for Sat they will most likely lose.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Andrew097 wrote:Leinster looked like they were running on fumes, Scarlets looked more than comfortable soaking up Glasgows best then hitting them with a few classy sucker punches. Scarlets are a better far more dangerous team than Munster, unless Leinster can find that extra European intensity for Sat they will most likely lose.
If they lose, they lose.

We are in bonus territory.