Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 6PM Aviva Stadium

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 6PM Aviva Stadium

Post by wixfjord »

One final 80 to finish off a huge season.

Scarlets looked good on Friday, albeit against a Glasgow pack that couldn't stop them getting quick ball.

I think their pack will be more up for this game giving the whupping they took in the Champ Cup semi, so I think it'll be much, much closer.

McNicholl is back for them which is huge, but John Barclay is out after getting injured the other night it seems.

We looked a bit leggy at times today, but choosing to rest/not risk some of the guys might've been a good idea.

The team I'd go for, assuming Isa is fit.

RK, Larmour, Ringrose, Isa, Lowe, Sexton, McGrath, Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Ryan, Toner, Fardy, Leavy, Conan
McGrath, Tracy, Porter, Ruddock, Jordi, McCarthy, Carbery, ROL

Jordi has had two huge outings in a row and Conan played well today, so would give him the start.
Ruddock looked off the pace and Fardy had a big impact.

Getting Leavy into the backrow will be a huge boost, as will Sexton and RK.

Hopefully Isa has at least another half in him. Interesting that ROL played 12 today when he came on.
Last edited by wixfjord on May 20th, 2018, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Re: Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 5.30PM Aviva Stadium

Post by hope not expectation »

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. Apparently a link has been sent to ST holders to access final tickets.
I didn't receive this.
Anyone else not get the link?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Could we be running on empty?
1 try in the last 2 games, and not many near misses to add to that total.
We'll have to score tries to beat Scarlets next week.
Could be a game too far.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

+1. Looked to be running out of gas in the last 20 this afternoon.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

hope not expectation wrote:Apologies if this is the wrong thread. Apparently a link has been sent to ST holders to access final tickets.
I didn't receive this.
Anyone else not get the link?
yes got an email earlier - with link
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

I'm a STH and still no link received. Anyone else not received link?
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

Le Duvet keep checking your email. The email with the link arrived with me about 10 minutes ago. Sorted.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Fitness could be an issue but, assuming they're fit, we've managed the workload of Healy, Fardy, Leavy, Sexton, Isa and Rob K. I think the coaches have done all they can here.

I'd possibly start Porter and unleash Furlong after 50 mins. He looked a little leggy to me and Porter was very good when he came on. McGrath went well from the start and Healy had some big impact off the bench so I'd keep the status quo. Agree that Conan deserves the start so Jordi swaps out for Fardy.

1-23 for me: McGrath, Cronin, Porter, Toner, Ryan, Fardy, Leavy, Conan, McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Isa, Ringrose, Larmour, Rob K, Treacy, Healy, Furlong, Ruddock, Murphy, McCarthy, Carberry, RO'L.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Furlong does look a bit tired alright. Although he was ferocious at ruck time yesterday which we might need against the Scarlets.

Thought J. McGrath looked good yesterday too, nice hands for the Lowe try.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Lot of lads yesterday looked out on their feet...obviously its been incredible graft from lads to keep the intensity going....Thought Furlong and Cronin looked spent as the game wore on, maybe unleashing them on 45/50 next week could be ideal

On the other hand, was ideal to get fardy a small rest, hell be back in along with leavy and conan, jordi has been excellent but again great option for last 30 against scarlets

To be honest, after yesterday's fronting up by lads its hard to drop people, but I presume it will be
1 to 23
Healy Cronin Furlong
JR Dev
Leavy Conan Fardy
LMcG Sexton
Isa Ringer
Lowe RK Larmour

Jack Mc Tracy Porter Rhys Jordi NickMc JC ROL
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

Is the match at 530 or 6?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 5.30PM Aviva Stadium

Post by neill_m »

heno wrote:Is the match at 530 or 6?

6pm. Was 6:30pm.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

neill_m wrote:
heno wrote:Is the match at 530 or 6?

6pm. Was 6:30pm.
Sorry OP changed.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 6PM Aviva Stadium

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Well, got my STH email. But if any Blazer from Leinster thinks I love my fellow supporters enough to pay €80 to watch a final from Section 330 or €60 to watch it from the high 500's, they're dreaming.

Having seen the previous pattern of 'conning' Leinster supporters to pay for 'diagonal' corner seats and then 'late releasing' better seats later for comparable prices (in both EPCR s/f and final), let them go and locate 52,000 other fans.

Just a reminder, this is the Stadium where Leinster fans make up 72 - 78% of every International rugby audience. This is the Stadium to which our Club donates €400,000 twice a year before we pay for a ticket (Munster game and EPCR q/f when we qualify). We, that is Leinster fans, have already paid for this Stadium through the nose. Are these guys not watching what's going on internationally in lots of team sports. Fans are voting with their feet against being screwed on Ticket prices whilst Clubs (or Unions) pocket the TV monies and shovel in on to Player Contracts.

This punter will pay €80 for a ticket between the 22m lines and shout my heart out for the Boys in Blue. Alternatively, this punter will pay (nothing extra) for his TV and seat with a few mates with some beers, make our own atmosphere, and then cheer on the 'Pool to beat the Galacticos without disturbing our arses.

C'mon Leinster, don't take us for Gobs#*÷#@ and try to con us that 20,000 avid Dragons, Zebre and Cheetahs etc. fans have already bought the prime seats in Dublin, sight unseen, for the last weekend in May. We recognise that Scarlets may travel again with up to 7,000 fans, but that still leaves a lot of spaces and there isn't that many Blazers and Sponsors to be accomodated.

If this is an unjustified rant, no doubt the CEO of Pro14, who got plenty of column inches this weekend talking up what a great job they're doing in building the Competition, will probably release a Statement early tomorrow morning confirming how they have already sold 42,000 tickets and the only ones unsold are allocated to Scarlets and Leinster fans. Frankly, that's an unlikely outcome.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Well, got my STH email. But if any Blazer from Leinster thinks I love my fellow supporters enough to pay €80 to watch a final from Section 330 or €60 to watch it from the high 500's, they're dreaming.

Having seen the previous pattern of 'conning' Leinster supporters to pay for 'diagonal' corner seats and then 'late releasing' better seats later for comparable prices (in both EPCR s/f and final), let them go and locate 52,000 other fans.

Just a reminder, this is the Stadium where Leinster fans make up 72 - 78% of every International rugby audience. This is the Stadium to which our Club donates €400,000 twice a year before we pay for a ticket (Munster game and EPCR q/f when we qualify). We, that is Leinster fans, have already paid for this Stadium through the nose. Are these guys not watching what's going on internationally in lots of team sports. Fans are voting with their feet against being screwed on Ticket prices whilst Clubs (or Unions) pocket the TV monies and shovel in on to Player Contracts.

This punter will pay €80 for a ticket between the 22m lines and shout my heart out for the Boys in Blue. Alternatively, this punter will pay (nothing extra) for his TV and seat with a few mates with some beers, make our own atmosphere, and then cheer on the 'Pool to beat the Galacticos without disturbing our arses.

C'mon Leinster, don't take us for Gobs#*÷#@ and try to con us that 20,000 avid Dragons, Zebre and Cheetahs etc. fans have already bought the prime seats in Dublin, sight unseen, for the last weekend in May. We recognise that Scarlets may travel again with up to 7,000 fans, but that still leaves a lot of spaces and there isn't that many Blazers and Sponsors to be accomodated.

If this is an unjustified rant, no doubt the CEO of Pro14, who got plenty of column inches this weekend talking up what a great job they're doing in building the Competition, will probably release a Statement early tomorrow morning confirming how they have already sold 42,000 tickets and the only ones unsold are allocated to Scarlets and Leinster fans. Frankly, that's an unlikely outcome.
It's a Pro14 event, not a Leinster one. Ticket prices are set long before the finalists are known. I'm not sure what exactly you expect to happen here?????
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

molloyjh wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Well, got my STH email. But if any Blazer from Leinster thinks I love my fellow supporters enough to pay €80 to watch a final from Section 330 or €60 to watch it from the high 500's, they're dreaming.

It's a Pro14 event, not a Leinster one. Ticket prices are set long before the finalists are known. I'm not sure what exactly you expect to happen here?????
Better treatment of season ticket holders perhaps?
I've fallen for the old Ticketmaster one two meself, a couple of times.
I'll be waiting too.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

“Every time Sexton gets the ball put him on the deck. Even if he’s passed and it’s a little bit late put him on the deck all the time," Davies told the Scrum V show on Sunday.

"He’s the key and the man who orchestrates everything. He runs the show, gets the ball in his hands on so many occasions. Once he passes you don’t have to be really late because he does play flat and takes the hits.

“Once he takes it, if you’ve a chance to have a shot on him, put a shot on him put him on the floor and you stay on top of him for a couple of seconds. And when you’ve got the ball run over him and target him because he likes a tackle.”
Jonathan Davies.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Oldschool wrote:Better treatment of season ticket holders perhaps?
By who? We aren't Pro14 STHs and, at the risk of being repetitive, this isn't a Leinster event. We are Leinster customers. Leinster have no power on the price of tickets for the final. They can't do anything for us. This kind of complaint isn't a million miles away from the Welsh "neutral venue" type complaint in that it's completely divorced from reality.

As for the TM issues, I logged in initially on the phone and saw nothing but corner seats. So I logged in on desktop and saw a far larger selection of seats there. Seems to be a mobile vs desktop issue to some degree at least.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

Did anyone else think McGrath didn't look fit on Saturday?

I would be worried about him this week.

Isa also looked to be limping heavily for the post-match celebrations.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

molloyjh wrote:
Oldschool wrote:Better treatment of season ticket holders perhaps?
By who? We aren't Pro14 STHs and, at the risk of being repetitive, this isn't a Leinster event. We are Leinster customers. Leinster have no power on the price of tickets for the final. They can't do anything for us. This kind of complaint isn't a million miles away from the Welsh "neutral venue" type complaint in that it's completely divorced from reality.

As for the TM issues, I logged in initially on the phone and saw nothing but corner seats. So I logged in on desktop and saw a far larger selection of seats there. Seems to be a mobile vs desktop issue to some degree at least.
By the Pro14 of the fans of the two finalists.
My complaint has nothing to do with the price of the tickets.
It's all about location, location and location.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.